OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project CARS

+38
surferofthemind
ThresholdAU
TheAlfheim
Mitch
Diilusion
Evil xr 1200
Sly Dux
xCaderz_98
MadRacer38
CosmicChimera
TEEROY 34
Zabbey21
XYvSTUvYX
NzLRyaNLzN
sempeR
Goomf
Envy The Best
NoRecoil
Dektra
SunCrossed
stikman
ted
CarSteerYou
Don Stylz
Arckon
RU four 86
RRT_DemoN
Reaps
crimson eagle73
mcrow5
OctarineDream
JamieWhincup#1
Dazza4610
baconterrain
sillybilly77
STONDKIWI
FrankTank
Sleuth 101
42 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Project CARS - Page 2 Empty Re: Project CARS

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Envy The Best wrote:Sounds like its living up to the hype Very Happy

its fantastic. so good being able to hot lap bathurst Very Happy

mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Vids and stuff nao.

Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:14 pm

mcrow5 wrote:god damn this game is HARD!!! 50 laps of bathurst and im only just coming to terms with the physics engine. it makes forza look like an arcade game. the physics are just so beautiful, i can feel the car understeering, oversteering, everything. it is a true sim. if you screw up, your f&*($d. the cars bite, really hard.

and the sound is fantastic, i could hear the front bumper scraping along the track with the elevation changes around bathurst. its awesome hearing the cars back fire, and even the squealing brakes.

if you have a pc, spend the $13 and get the junior licence. its worth every cent and more.

Wow, I feel silly playing an "arcade game" now ..... That gets me thinking, is it as much better & more simulation than Forza as Gran Turismo 5 was with the logitec Embarassed ?

Hmmmmmm.......... Very Happy .

Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 pm

forza is not an arcade game, project cars just feels so much more realistic.

and lol at the gt5 comment, i had that coming Razz
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

mcrow5 wrote:forza is not an arcade game, project cars just feels so much more realistic.

and lol at the gt5 comment, i had that coming Razz

Sorry, I was just being a smartarse Smile I have seen a bit on it & it does look pretty good actually....

Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:27 pm

its all good, if you do have a pc that can run it, go and buy it. you will love it. its only 13 bucks as well (10 euro to be specific, but it worked out to be about $13)
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm

i hope mine will run it when i get a new psu and id be down for a full bathurst race

mcrow how many people can u get in a race???

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm

havn't tried that yet, only been doing hot lapping. ill let you know later tonight.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm

looks and sounds impressive,

its almost worth the hassle of dual booting my monster Mac ( 3.5g Quad core, 16 gig ram, 2 gig graphics, SSD ) the shame of putting windows on it. lol

now Ive just got to get a copy of windows

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 pm

maximum of 16 cars on track, but you can pick however many you want up to that number.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Downloading it now. I've set up my GT2 in the computer room. Found if I bring the monitor closer its not so bad. How many cars are available? What system requirements are there?
I hve quad core 2.4 with 4gb ram 1T hdd and 1GB ati video card.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:59 pm

not that many cars, about 10 tracks.

and you should be fine with those specs, ive got a C2Q @ 3.8ghz, 4gb of ram and 2 x ATI 4870's in crossfire and im running medium level settings. i dont think crossfire is supported yet though.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:46 pm

RU four 86 wrote:
its almost worth the hassle of dual booting my monster Mac ( 3.5g Quad core, 16 gig ram, 2 gig graphics, SSD ) the shame of putting windows on it. lol

RU four 86 wrote:dual booting my monster Mac

RU four 86 wrote:monster Mac

RU four 86 wrote:Mac

Project CARS - Page 2 2jmf

Razz

crimson eagle73 wrote:
I hve quad core 2.4 with 4gb ram 1T hdd and 1GB ati video card.

Whats the ATI Specifically? Just because its a gig doesn't automatically mean greatness. My Nvidia GTS250 is a gig and its definitely not the best card out.

Rest of the specs should be fine.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:49 pm

its a hd4650 1 gb card. Buget card when it came out im hoping it doesnt matter that much. i dont want to run on high. just run.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:25 am

Well, after many play arounds, it runs. Reminds me of all the macking around I had to do in shift to get the wheel to work.
The Fanatec presets for the older porche model do not work with the GT2 so I had to use custom and bind all the keys. FFB was well enough done.
Only issue with this is to get it to run with everything turned on so it looks perfect, you need a new vid card costing about the same price as an xbox. For me it's not going to replace forza, but once they've done the optimizations who knows. I might even fork out$200 or so on a new card and PSU.
This only highlights what a wonderful job turn ten have done on 7 year old tech. I garantee you this will not run on any card 7 years old.
mcrow: what settings are you running? I can not drive well without steering assist but I'm slowly turning everything else off. With it I get around 2:14 for bathurst with the gumpert. Which isn't bad considering I've just started playing with it properly and havn't tuned the car yet. . World Record is 1:58 or something.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

One of the reasons I went to xbox. I use to be a PC Racing Gamer with F1, and I think it was called Race Driver or V8 SUpercars 2 or 3 and a logitec wheel. Then new games would come out and then I needed new hardware, then a game would come out, then I would need new hardware...it was this money pit that would never fill up.

I hope they port this to xbox once it has been developed.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am

Dazza4610 wrote:

Hard to see thing happening right now. But they did it with shift 2 so who knows. If shift 2 had this kind of sim handling, wow.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:23 am

crimson eagle73 wrote:mcrow: what settings are you running? I can not drive well without steering assist but I'm slowly turning everything else off. With it I get around 2:14 for bathurst with the gumpert. Which isn't bad considering I've just started playing with it properly and havn't tuned the car yet. . World Record is 1:58 or something.

same settings as forza, i havnt changed anything.

and dont worry about doing slow laps, i am still learning how to go around bathurst properly in the gumpert. ive managed a 2.03.1 so far.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:One of the reasons I went to xbox. I use to be a PC Racing Gamer with F1, and I think it was called Race Driver or V8 SUpercars 2 or 3 and a logitec wheel. Then new games would come out and then I needed new hardware, then a game would come out, then I would need new hardware...it was this money pit that would never fill up.

Its actually quite stagnant at the moment. Due to the prevalence of console ports for PC games there are very few games that actually require an upgrade.

crimson eagle73 wrote:
Dazza4610 wrote:

Hard to see thing happening right now. But they did it with shift 2 so who knows. If shift 2 had this kind of sim handling, wow.

All that matters is that its slated and they are thinking about it.

crimson eagle73 wrote:its a hd4650 1 gb card.

Yeah didn't think it was going too run well.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:
Dazza4610 wrote:

I was a voice for shift 2 before it came out because I knew the pedigree of SMS (a lot of ex Simbin staff). Alas I was wrong, however I always thought it was more to do with EA interfering than SMS. On PC they found unused code buried in the program which was not active which they called (something I can not remember now) but when mods using this code were added apparently tranformed the game.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:One of the reasons I went to xbox. I use to be a PC Racing Gamer with F1, and I think it was called Race Driver or V8 SUpercars 2 or 3 and a logitec wheel. Then new games would come out and then I needed new hardware, then a game would come out, then I would need new hardware...it was this money pit that would never fill up.

Good reason to pick just one good PC Franchise, eg: RFactor, 6 year life so far, great mods support from the community, and other racing games made off their engine eg; SIMBINS racing games, and most recently REIZA's Game Stock Car, which probably could be run on 5 - 6 year old equipment. My PC is about 8years old and runs SIMBIN titles fine, have upgraded the graphic card once, but I waited until a good card had been out about 18 - 24 months and picked it up for about a quarter of the price initially sold for. Still running AGP card unfortunately.

New PC about due and quite possibly RFactor 2, I am thinking, as the game for longetivity, given there are still several RFactor sites still running online race meets in Australia.

But yes, the ease of consoles, and the increasing quality of titles is where I will probably stay.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Arckon wrote:however I always thought it was more to do with EA interfering than SMS.

I think CARS and Test Drive Ferrari kinda prove that.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:39 pm

From one of the Moderators of SMS forum available to those who purchase the $13 general licence.

Will there be differences between the PC and console versions?
There will be no differences between PC and concole versions w.r.t. core tech (physics engine, FFB, gameplay). The console versions will probably use less sophisticated graphics because of the less powerful hardware, and they will be locked at 30 FPS like most console games.

This means that the game will every bit a race simulation on the consoles as on the PC. For the more casual racers (which applies just as much to PC players, by the way ), plenty of options will be available to make driving the cars easier (including optional gamepad filtering).

Will there be development builds for consoles?
Normal consoles per design won't allow the user to run builds which have not been cryptographically signed by Sony or Microsoft on the respective platform. Getting a build signed is not a no cost process, and unless you own a Developer Kit console (which is not inexpensive either), you cannot run unsigned development builds. This is one area where the PC platform is more flexible, which is why it is feasible to distribute development builds directly to the PC audience. Hence, due to the nature of the consoles and the business model behind them, it is simply not economically feasible to regularly release and distribute development builds for the consoles. Therefore consoles will only get the game when it is finished, with solid patch support after release.

Will Project CARS be developed for future-generation consoles?
It depends. If they're available in time and we have the funds then it most likely will happen.

How will the testing of Project CARS be organized on consoles?
It depends. If we hook up with a publisher the bulk of QA would be done by them. If not it would be SMS internal only. The only way beta testers could be involved would be if they visited the office to use kits there.

Can console owners still contribute to the development of Project CARS?
Of course they can! Since the PC version will be representative of the console version, testing the game on PC and giving feedback will affect the console version just as well. Furthermore, posting ideas, comments and feedback on the forums about the game in general and about console-specific things in particular will help with developing the console version(s) as well.

Will the same CARS account (including bought content) work on a console and PC?
What we have now isn't really a CARS account but a WMD one. For the final game there may or may not be a similar account, but even if there is it's highly unlikely it would be shared across platforms (again not something Sony and Microsoft are keen to cooperate with each other on).

Will there be cross-platform racing?
Unlikely but still to be determined for sure.

30FPS Who thinks that's good enough? I know Forza runs at 60.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

got some gameplay vids up, sorry about the crap quality. the video recorder i used is the only good free one that ive found that records unlimited video.

and in the time it took me to upload the bathurst video, i did a 1.57.9, which is the fastest time with the Gumpert at Bathurst Very Happy
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm

You're a champion mate. No matter what the game. This one does feel %100 better than NFS shit 2 undeveloped.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:12 pm

thanks mate, the more i play it, the more i love it! its addictive trying to get a faster lap.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 pm

i had a go at hot lapping watkins glen again, managed to get the number 1 spot with the gumpert Very Happy

decided to try out Spa for the next challenge, here's a very messy lap while i learn the track.

mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next