OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread

5 posters

Go down

The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread Empty The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread

Post by hillcrest Fri May 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Post here for all your questions regarding controller set up or to ask help if you are struggling

Keep in mind that a lot of these settings will work differently for different people and you may need to spend some time working on them to optimise them for yourself
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread Empty Re: The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread

Post by ausfez Fri May 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Anyone having an issue with correcting oversteer or trying to have a little drift fun? For me it's either:

A. Doesn't counter steer or continue the drift (If i tap the opposite lock a couple of times) and rips a burnout into the wall
B. Over compensates (After too many taps apparently) and sends me into the wall on the other side.

Sometimes I just want the car to wag it's tail but if feels like the game/control input wont allow it, it makes you drive straight and straight only. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix?
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread Empty Re: The Project Cars XB1 Controller Settings thread

Post by CosmicChimera Fri May 08, 2015 8:15 pm

The force feedback options screen blew the socks off my mind. Any insights into this, or setups found online most welcomed. I think there might be a lot of improvement to be found here, and so far pretty surprised (disappointed) with the lack of feeling through the wheel out of the box.
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 pm

e.fez wrote:Anyone having an issue with correcting oversteer or trying to have a little drift fun? For me it's either:

A. Doesn't counter steer or continue the drift (If i tap the opposite lock a couple of times) and rips a burnout into the wall
B. Over compensates (After too many taps apparently) and sends me into the wall on the other side.

Sometimes I just want the car to wag it's tail but if feels like the game/control input wont allow it, it makes you drive straight and straight only. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix?

Yeah thats a known issue, all I know is that it's been reported
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 am

e.fez wrote:Anyone having an issue with correcting oversteer or trying to have a little drift fun? For me it's either:

Has to be a game issue, i'm feeling the same thing and I don't think any amount of FFB tweaking will fix that.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sat May 09, 2015 6:59 am

If anyone else is a bit bewildered by the FFB setup options (like me) - I found this, which looks like it was written fairly late in development - a couple of the terms seem to have changed in the final release, but it has helped me understand a fair bit more about the FFB parameters, and the differences between controller setup and car setup options.

FFB Topology v3 (from some dude's dropbox)
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:01 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOKqwqh8KU

Above link is to a pretty easy setup tweak it and I reckon it's pretty tame
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down