OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec Game Gear

+20
stikman
NoRecoil
Rinkly
The Jester Race
JamieWhincup#1
XYvSTUvYX
dale teague
The Double D
Mitch
TEEROY 34
RU four 86
ausfez
FrankTank
OctarineDream
Arckon
Don Stylz
crimson eagle73
Dazza4610
gud 0l stoner
iWolf
24 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Fanatec Game Gear - Page 3 Empty Re: Fanatec Game Gear

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 am

crimson eagle73 wrote:These things are worth taking a loan out for.

I am not sure I would do that... but in saying that I guess I did put it on my credit card. Smile

OD,
Just aim for getting one for Fortza 4, and use the time to save up mate. Bit over 4 months to go. The only problem I can see with that is, will Pagnain still have some by then. Maybe he will let you layby one, he is very quick to reply to emails, ask him.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:31 am

I have taken the next step in acceptance. The MS wheel is all packed back up in the original box and put in the garage for a rainy day. Not for sale at this stage.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:Fanatec Download Page

Download either the 32 bit version or 64 bit version depending on your windows. Run the setup. Plug the CSP via usb. Run the program from DT. Select the pedals and tune to your hearts content. After doing this I found that when I first hooked the pedals up, I was pushing hard on the pedals but it only registered as half the signal. After adjusting, the brakes respond much much quicker with little lockup.

save this file to your computer, then when you plug the pedals for calibration it'l automatically set it up, play with the pedals till they come right on the graphs and your away Smile

my problem atm is finding a mic :-/, so please share your setup, sucks not being able to abuse homo's, or chat with friends

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Out of interest, what's the benchmark here? A V8 Supercar at Mugello? If so, don't the V8s run a sequential shifter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Redna1L wrote:Out of interest, what's the benchmark here? A V8 Supercar at Mugello? If so, don't the V8s run a sequential shifter?

Not really,
I just use the V8 because that is mainly what I like to drive, and have done a lot of laps in them. Mugello is my favourite track, and have used it as my test track for over a year.

Yes the real V8s use a sequential shifter now, they used to use the h pattern though. I think there maybe an advantage for the h pattern shifter, that and it is a novelty at the moment.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

gud 0l stoner wrote:my problem atm is finding a mic :-/, so please share your setup, sucks not being able to abuse homo's, or chat with friends

I use the MS Wireless headset, and seems to work the same as before with the MS wheel.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm using the sequential for the high powered cars S and above and the H pattern for the lower powered ones.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
gud 0l stoner wrote:my problem atm is finding a mic :-/, so please share your setup, sucks not being able to abuse homo's, or chat with friends

I use the MS Wireless headset, and seems to work the same as before with the MS wheel.

went around the game shops, bond n bond etc apparently they're discontinued, because there rubbish Sad, need to find a store with some left, no luck yet

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Try Harvey Norman, Big W, Dick Smiths, I have even seen them in Target over here in the last monto or so.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Stoner - DSE are still selling them - they're probably still asking way too much for them, but you can check out stock in Welly on their website
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:50 pm

gud 0l stoner wrote:
save this file to your computer, then when you plug the pedals for calibration it'l automatically set it up, play with the pedals till they come right on the graphs and your away Smile

I dont think this program does anything for the tuning, all I see is the same as you get in the Forza telemetry. I can do the same thing, by go to a test drive, parking the car, bring up telemetry and adjust the knob for the brakes in the game. Then you can test it straight away. Unless I am missing something, all this program does is report back what the pedals are doing.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Never thought of that. lol. Seems like a much more efficient way of doing it.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:55 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:Never thought of that. lol. Seems like a much more efficient way of doing it.
Smile

You can then use the inside and outside deadzones within Forza to adjust where the pedals work and dont. For example, I now have my clutch set for inside 0% and outside at about 75%. This gives me clutch pedal that I dont have to push all the way to the floor to have the clutch fully disengaged, and as soon as I touch the pedal I get the clutch slipping, this gives me greater control on the approach to the corner under brakes. I guess you could also use this to control wheel spin instead of TCS, not something I am ready to give up yet (TCS). Smile

Actually thinking about it, using the clutch to control wheelspin could be a huge advantage over TCS, because when the TCS kicks in you loose power, using the clutch allows you to decide if you need power or not. I might have a play with that tonight.

Also going to try the sequential shifter tonight too.

Last edited by Dazza4610 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Thought I would throw up some pictures of the acc pedal moved back. I took the spacer and put it on the back of the pedal.

Fanatec Game Gear - Page 3 Img_0212

and the shifter setup... this is as solid as a rock.

Fanatec Game Gear - Page 3 Img_0213

Might have to bolt on a stubbie cooler to that plate.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:
gud 0l stoner wrote:

I dont think this program does anything for the tuning, all I see is the same as you get in the Forza telemetry. I can do the same thing, by go to a test drive, parking the car, bring up telemetry and adjust the knob for the brakes in the game. Then you can test it straight away. Unless I am missing something, all this program does is report back what the pedals are doing.

what i got told to do by simparts, seeing the graphs on the laptop after software install, the pedals weren't even at first pressed a couple times and then they were accurate, and then went and plugged it into the wheel, then i adjusted the knob ingame to get brakes right

proberly can do this otherways but this how i did it meh

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:27 pm

The manuel clutch is such an advantage. Just tried using it more than an on/off switch for changing gears. Helps you keep revs up as your coasting through the corner. I love this thing more and more every day.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm

crimson eagle73 wrote:The manuel clutch is such an advantage. Just tried using it more than an on/off switch for changing gears. Helps you keep revs up as your coasting through the corner. I love this thing more and more every day.

and the whole releasing it slower for the more powerful rides helps stop the rear sliding into the corner's, definatly an improvment over a button Smile

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 pm

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow The Clutch Pedal

I used the sequential shifter tonight, it is ok, I think I prefer the h pattern shifter. While I had the sequential shifter on, I had to reverse the up/down gears, it just did not feel right pulling the stick back while braking. So now I pull back to go up gears, and push forward to go down gears.

Also used 900 Sen and found while I had to turn the wheel a LOT more, I think it made it a bot easier to say, I am going to put my car there on this corner. Much more granular. Not sure if I will leave it on 900, might back it off to 540 or somethinglike that.

Oh the other thing I found tonight, if you have the acc outside deadzone on 100%, it makes it very hard to get full throttle. I have backed this off to about 90%.

Did a few laps with TCS off, and while I think it would be better, I would need more practice. Just a bit too unpredictable for me just yet. Maybe not so bad in any other car than the V8 Supercar.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 am

Have you guys tried hooking it up to the PC? I've noticed that when you hook the wheel up to the PC and test the force feedback shake. It's heaps more than what I'm feeling in forza 3. Is this an issue I have with my settings? Either on wheel or in game? When you guys go over the strips, do you really feel the shake because I cant. I just thought it was car tuning but I'm not so sure now. When I turn the wheel I feel strong resistance so its not like its broken, but no rumble. I have FF on the wheel @100 and ingame at 10. Same with sho and ingame vibration.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 am

sounds like my cooling fan in there has come to bits  Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by gud 0l stoner on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm

crimson.. i think its a setting on the wheel.. after the ff seting theres 2 more. .one is abs and there another after that.. which is before drift setting try make that 100 .. i found that helped .. if u have the ff on 100 i found u lost a little bot of the feel of the road..

my setting are

sen - 540
ff - 66
and 100 for the setting in between forgot the actuall acronym for it..
abs - 100

but i have heard that the ff on xbox is alot less then on a pc..
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:53 pm

gud 0l stoner wrote:hmmmm UP YOURS fanatec, trying to get mine repaired, or at least parts, fanatec are not delivering or supporting wheels in australia or NZ

sounds like my cooling fan in there has come to bits Evil or Very Mad

Hey gud 0l stoner, did you purchase from Hess @ Pagnian as I was under the impression with him being an official distributor, he would handle any warrantee or repair issues.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info Don. Seems like the fanatec is capable of far more force than forza can handle. I hope this gets fixed in forza 4. Gud: I'd contact Hes. Even if you didn't buy from him. I'm sure he could repair for a fee.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Arckon wrote:
gud 0l stoner wrote:hmmmm UP YOURS fanatec, trying to get mine repaired, or at least parts, fanatec are not delivering or supporting wheels in australia or NZ

sounds like my cooling fan in there has come to bits Evil or Very Mad

Hey gud 0l stoner, did you purchase from Hess @ Pagnian as I was under the impression with him being an official distributor, he would handle any warrantee or repair issues.

yeah been trying both sides, no luck, im just getting bounced back in forth, kind of given up on them now

went around a few computer shops today to try find one that will fit, no luck yet Evil or Very Mad ah well will have a nosey around the hutt next week more computer nerdy type shops over that side of town

edit: looks like ive found one i can buy cheers
and since theres no warrenty on these should i get into there for the handbrake mod Cool

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 pm

What actually broken on your wheel Stoner?

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 pm

the cooling fan inside is making one a hell of a racket, cant even hear my dirty rattley old 06 xbox over it lol
even the guy at fanatec said it will be the smaller version fan and that it has come apart

stoked that it looks like im able to buy one here, now the one sized hex key i need i dont have, off to get one in the morning

looking up now thats for sure Smile, now i need another sequential shifter for a handbrake Wink, but will drill a hole and put an extra plug for it on the side in the meantime

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:53 pm

Grabbed a copy of Dirt 3 today (Big W - $62), the down side and the reason i chose this thread to post in.

No support for clutch pedal
No support for the H pattern, or the sequential shifters. I can only use the paddle shifters Sad

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next