OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanatec Game Gear

+20
stikman
NoRecoil
Rinkly
The Jester Race
JamieWhincup#1
XYvSTUvYX
dale teague
The Double D
Mitch
TEEROY 34
RU four 86
ausfez
FrankTank
OctarineDream
Arckon
Don Stylz
crimson eagle73
Dazza4610
gud 0l stoner
iWolf
24 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Fanatec Game Gear - Page 12 Empty Re: Fanatec Game Gear

Post by feralcobra Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 am

Envy The Best wrote:A good number of the guys run it (the GT2). I personally run a Turbo S, and it is awesome, but its definitely not perfect, getting a bit loose at the moment, though that could just be normal wear and tear. I dunno, never had a wheel before this one.

I'd also forget about the G27 pedals and getting the CSP's, they are just above and beyond the G27's.

hay envy i have the turbo s wheel also and im loving it i got it so i could use it on my ps3 and computer aswell. but is yours notchy when you turn left and right from centre (i hope this makes sense)

feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:55 am

Rypien wrote:Has anyone had any experience with this wheel? I'd hope to simply buy the bog stock GT2 wheel and be able to hook up my good ole G25 pedals and use the flappy paddles that comes standard with the Fanatech (i assume it comes with flappy paddles). If i want to use the G25 shifter is it possible? But at the end of the day as long as the GT2 wheel / G25 Pedal combo works for all platforms i'd be very happy.

Anyone had any experience with this wheel (and perhaps pedal) combo?

Found a good write up over at GTPlanet but wondered if any of you guys had any bad experiences. - http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=223641

Hey mate,

I've got the GT2 and Clubsport pedals with shifter set as well, 6 months old now. The combo can be used on PC, PS3 and Xbox, but my gaming these days is only on the Xbox (FM4 and F1 2011).

The wheel is brilliant, so much better than the Microsoft wheel or the Logitech Momo which I've used. No comparison really. Nice solid feel, strong FF and good smooth rotation on the hub. I don't think you can use the Logitech shifter on the fanatec wheels.

The clubsport pedals are metal construction and solid as a rock! They're reported as much better than the Logitch pedals as well. I find them great - especially the brake, which is activated through a pressure adjustable load cell rather than a spring and gives excellent feel and vibration feedback in FM4.
I've had a couple of niggles with the wheel, being occasional disconnects while playing Forza, I've found no no explanation for that to happen or solution for it, but it only happens rarely -though its still a PITA when it does. The other thing I had was a problem with the paddle shifters getting floppy. Turned out to be some cushion buffers moved in the wheel and was fixed by disassembly and re-assembly - took about an hour to fix.

I'm still very happy that I bought the gear.

iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 am

feralcobra wrote:
Envy The Best wrote:A good number of the guys run it (the GT2). I personally run a Turbo S, and it is awesome, but its definitely not perfect, getting a bit loose at the moment, though that could just be normal wear and tear. I dunno, never had a wheel before this one.

I'd also forget about the G27 pedals and getting the CSP's, they are just above and beyond the G27's.

hay envy i have the turbo s wheel also and im loving it i got it so i could use it on my ps3 and computer aswell. but is yours notchy when you turn left and right from centre (i hope this makes sense)

I think i know what you mean, like theres something "clicking" at the center. I do get that, but not often, my main issue is that it regularly loses its center and i have to keep adjusting it.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Cheers boys. I'll definately be looking into getting the Fanatech GT2 wheel. From watching all of the reviews on insidesimracing and online write ups its got very positive feedback. I know the Fanatech pedals are the bees knees but i'll probably just stick with the g25 ones for now and make do with the flappy paddles rather than the shifter. There are a few aftermarket inserts and such that you can get to make the g25 pedals more bearable which i'll probably opt for to save some cash.

Had a quick search online and they are hard buggers to find to buy. Any recommendations?

I know the local JB Hi Fi had the Turbo S wheel for sale, but no GT2's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Front page, the tab that says "Pagnian"
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm

Pagnian Imports is the only place in OZ that has imported the GT2 wheel, as far as I know. You'd have to check what their situation is on availability/delivery though.
They're reliable suppliers and also support this forum, as you will tell from some promotional material around the site.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:49 pm

Pagnian Imports dont have any in stock and apparently dont have a date for any future incomming stock.

Going to have to hunt online, or just stick to running my crappy Microsoft wheels until they finally bite the dust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Power converter karked itself, still have manufacturer warrenty. Should i contact Pagnian (since they're the only Fanatec importers i know of) or contact Fanatec direct?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Where did you buy it

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:47 pm

I assume your talking about the little black box (240vPower supply) thats shipped with the wheel.

If so yes, contact Pagnians. If you bought the wheel from somewhere like JB's they are only going to send you to Pagnians anyway...

As long as you have the receipt, which you may need.
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:Where did you buy it

JB

RU four 86 wrote:I assume your talking about the little black box (240vPower supply) thats shipped with the wheel.

Correct

RU four 86 wrote:If so yes, contact Pagnians. If you bought the wheel from somewhere like JB's they are only going to send you to Pagnians anyway...

Kinda figured, already emailed Hess explaining the situation.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12