OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion

+28
Dektra
Waffelz
surferofthemind
feralcobra
GOWIE22
baconterrain
Mike0707
wylie27
Tastyyx
RU four 86
sempeR
Sly Dux
ausfez
OctarineDream
Paul
crimson eagle73
CarSteerYou
Envy The Best
Dazza4610
mcrow5
Sleuth 101
FrankTank
The Jester Race
RRT_DemoN
The Double D
JamieWhincup#1
TEEROY 34
NoRecoil
32 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: 2012 V8 Supercars Discussion

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Some fantastic "Quali" races today.
Top stuff.
Very Happy

JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

(whincup goes into the tyre wall)

..... I fist pump the air and wake up my Mrs in happiness!

NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 pm

NoRecoil wrote:(whincup goes into the tyre wall)

I know right Very Happy
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Sly Dux wrote:
NoRecoil wrote:(whincup goes into the tyre wall)

I know right Very Happy
So childish Rolling Eyes

More like:I fist pump the air when, Morris hits Besnard who hits and takes out Richo and when Moffat takes Davison out.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:19 pm

I couldnt have given a shit that Whincup went in the wall (i loled tho) didnt care that Besnard or Richo went off, but Frig Morris lol what a dumb shit. I feel sorry for Steve Owen hahaha
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Go Lowndes.. He just comes alive at this time of year..

Truly the masters apprentice..

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:51 am

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:05 pm

Great race yesterday i thought.
Lowndes/Luff only led 22 laps, the last 22, great drive from them both.

What is it about Richards, hes just an enduro podium every time! great drive from those guys also.

Sneaky little 4th place for Tander and Percat, they look good for Bathurst again but money firmly on Lowndsey me thinks
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:16 pm

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 11 Li9QRnATW06KG6PAjfMxFg2
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

teeroy,

How good was Lowndes.. he just let whincup go and hang back save his rears and when the time was right apply the blow torch.

He is looking good. Luff did good a little damage but his times were comparable.

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:54 pm

My drive of the race would go to Dumbrell for proving the haters wrong and putting in a fantastic drive.

With JDub making a few uncharacteristic mistakes over the weekend he will want to make up for it at Bathurst and if PD puts in another faultless drive they will be insanely hard to beat at the Great Race.

I can only see possibly two or three cars being able to beat them being the #2 of Tander/Percat or the #888 of Lowndes/Luff or the #6 of Davison/McIntyre.
A car to watch out for if everything goes there way will be the #34 of Caruso/Ritter.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Blokes ill be watching for:
FTW:
#55 Reynolds/Canto
#9 Gisbergen/Youlden

My wild cards if shit goes wrong for FPR and 888
#14 Coultard/Besnard - Dark Horse Pick Very Happy
#18 Moffat/Davidson
#17 Johnson/Simonsen - Simonsen hold the lap record for a reason Very Happy

Last edited by NoRecoil on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:58 pm

besnard? is that for the first crash??

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:37 pm

Too bad Simonson is a sportscar guy Rolling Eyes

Watch out for Caruso & Ritter

My heart lies with Lowndes.

Kiss of death regrettably goes to Taz Douglas and Scotty Pye Sad

Anyway who else feels like there is something missing from the 1000? Each year i watch the race and i feel like its not a special as it was back in say... 2000ish.

I think its the grid size that is taking away from the great race, from the mountain feeling so special even at home on my own couch. I for one used to take great interest in the guys up the back of the grid, the sort of teams who knew just finishing truely was a triumph. Guys like Peter Doulman, Dougal McDougal, Mal Rose, Rod Nash, Steve Reed, even the great John Fawlkner king of the privateers. But perhaps the days of huge grids of greatly varying speed, skill and indeed budget have been lost forever. Sad Very Saaad Panda
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 pm

Go to 1:47:30 Nek Minute Very Happy
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:45 am

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 am

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:

Go to 1:47:30 Nek Minute Very Happy

And no penalty ???

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Mercedes V8 Supercars program to be announced today
Wednesday 19th September, 2012

V8 Supercars will today announce that luxury German car maker Mercedes-Benz is set to join Holden, Ford and Nissan on its 2013 grid.

Orchestrated by Australian GT Championship squad Erebus Racing, the deal will see existing Ford outfit Stone Brothers Racing utilise Mercedes engines and bodywork through the company’s AMG Customer Sports department.

Owned by property tycoon Betty Klimenko, Erebus is understood to have been working on the deal with AMG since early this year.

Although Mercedes-Benz Australia previously made public its disapproval of such a program, it is expected that today’s announcement in Melbourne will come with the blessing of the marque’s local arm.

Its V8 Supercars entry is expected to be based on an updated Mercedes E-Class sedan, not scheduled to be unveiled until the Detroit Auto Show in January.

The news ensures the end of SBR’s 15-year association with Ford, in which time it has won three V8 Supercars Championships (2003-2005) and a single Bathurst 1000 (1998).

Current SBR sponsors IRWIN Tools and SP Tools and drivers Lee Holdsworth, Shane van Gisbergen and Tim Slade have already been locked in by the team for next year.

More details of the new program are set to be revealed at 1300 local time.
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Erebus Motorsport On The V8 Supercar Grid In 2013

LONG-TIME V8 Supercar team Stone Brothers Racing will merge with Erebus Motorsport to run three AMG E Class V8 Supercars in the V8 Supercars Championship from 2013.

The agreement, which has been almost a year in the making since its initial concept in early 2011, is a reality with the newly formed team operating under a Customer Sports Program of AMG.

The announcement was made in Melbourne today by Stone Brothers Racing owner Ross Stone (pictured), Erebus Motorsport owner Betty Klimenko, Erebus Motorsport CEO Ryan Maddison and V8 Supercar Chairman Tony Cochrane.

Erebus Motorsport has been dominant in the Australian GT category with Mercedes-AMG’s SLS AMG GT3 racecar.

Stone Brothers Racing this morning announced it will be ending its partnership with Ford after a relationship that began when the team was first formed in 1998 and won three V8 Supercar Championships with Marcos Ambrose and Russell Ingall.

The amicable split paved the way for the Erebus merger.

“Since SBR’s inception in 1998 Ford has backed the team and together we have enjoyed many successes including three Championship wins - two with Marcos Ambrose in 2003 and 2004, and again with Russell Ingall in 2005. We also won Bathurst with Jason Bright and Steven Richards in 1998,” said Ross Stone.

“Leaving Ford was not an easy thing to do, but as car markets change here in Australia I felt the time was right for a new challenge and with Ford’s mutual agreement we have decided to part ways.

“We will be racing a Ford Falcon for the last time at Olympic Park in December and will see out our contract which ends this year.

“I’d like to thank Ford and all our supporters for their backing and we now look forward to entering a new era of racing with Erebus Motorsport.”

Erebus Motorsport is fronted by Maddison, who has a long association with the AMG brand and V8 Supercars. Maddison and Klimenko see great opportunities with the marque in the sport.

“There has been much speculation over what Erebus Motorsport, AMG and Mercedes-Benz were doing in relation to the Car of the Future - and we haven’t been in a position to say anything about this until right now,” said Erebus Motorsport CEO, Ryan Maddison.

“Our entry into V8 Supercars is an entirely Erebus Motorsport-funded initiative as a private race team that is accessing the Customer Sports program of AMG.

“There is a lot of work required between now and the first event next year; by no means will it be an easy road with V8 Supercars being such a highly competitive environment.

“We do not underestimate the task ahead as a new team in V8 Supercars, but we have the expertise and experience of SBR which is considered to be one of the best teams in V8 Supercars. They are a professional outfit and know how to win races and championships; we see a perfect fit for Erebus Motorsport.

"We have been assessing our options for access over an extended period, as the category is so competitive it has been a move with very specific requirements on our behalf. SBR have for a long time been a strong and consistent performing team with their engineering also being a benchmark in the categories evolution and parity based success.

“I have absolutely no doubt that the hard work that everyone here, in Germany and at SBR have put into this so far will be rewarding. The entire Erebus Motorsport team is proud that today we can make this announcement.”

The Erebus Motorsport-SBR alliance was made possible under the Car of the Future program. The three entries will run five-litre engines with the AMG bodywork over the COTF chassis that is almost complete at SBR headquarters and due to be tested as a Ford in the coming weeks.

SBR will continue its testing program with Ford until the completion of their contract at the end of the year.

There has already been significant work on engine development and a team of engineers has been tasked with the project of developing a V8 Supercar specification five-litre engine and the bodywork of the 2013 cars.

The very first engine was unveiled at today’s announcement.

With most V8 Supercar teams either already on track or about to be on track with the 2013 Car of the Future models, V8 Supercars Chairman Tony Cochrane said the sport was never in better shape to maintain its high growth curves domestically and internationally.

The Car of the Future program aims to cut running costs and encourage other marques to compete, in turn broadening fan and sponsor appeal. The sport intends to grow to 18 events worldwide across 40 weeks in the coming years.

“Having Erebus Motorsport combined with SBR on the grid says much for the evolution of V8 Supercars to an internationally recognised brand,” Cochrane said.

“With the customer sports support of AMG, the marque joins another worldwide giant in Nissan in our championship under the Erebus Motorsport and SBR partnership, further demonstrating that our sport is truly on the international stage.

“We are an extremely popular sport worldwide and arguably one of the most respected motorsport categories internationally. This is largely due to our professionalism, safety first approach, fantastic events, technological prowess, spectacular racing and our hugely respected teams and drivers.”

The three-year Car of the Future project, led by Mark Skaife and a key team of engineers, designers, car builders, V8 Supercar team personnel and drivers, was completed at the end of last year with 2013-spec Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon fully tested and on the showroom floor.

The cars, developed with the sponsorship support of Dunlop, represents the next generation V8 Supercars, paving the way for new marques.

David McCarthy, Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Mercedes-Benz Australia Pacific, said of today’s announcement: “Our position on entering V8 Supercars has not changed, we have jointly with AMG approved to offer Erebus Motorsport the opportunity to purchase the requested technology and support via the Customer Sports program.

“Erebus is a highly valued customer and they have an existing relationship with AMG via the Customer Sports program. The Erebus Motorsport-SBR entry into V8 Supercars is an extension of that relationship.

“We are not directly involved and we have no plans to undertake any sales or marketing activities in conjunction with this effort. There is no Mercedes-Benz or AMG money inherent in this new entry, the entire project is funded by Erebus Motorsport.”
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm

I just saw this, Holy santa clause shit!!! Who in their right mind saw this coming.
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Go SBR in 2013 Smile
or will it be Erebus Motorsport Question
--------------------------------------------
Complete Erebus takeover of SBR not being ruled out:

Neither party are ruling out the possibility of Erebus Motorsport completing a full takeover of Stone Brothers Racing following the announcement that the teams will join forces for an assault on the V8 Supercars Championship next year.

The venture, which will see SBR receive AMG engines and bodywork for a three-car Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG campaign, was described in today’s announcement as a ‘merging’ of the two outfits.

Said to only have been signed off hours before today’s press conference in Melbourne, the program is being funded by Erebus Motorsport owner Betty Klimenko, with no monies being supplied by Mercedes or AMG.

Erebus Racing CEO Ryan Maddison told Speedcafe.com at the announcement that a full takeover is not being ruled out.

“We’ve got full respect and admiration for Stone Brothers, and that (a complete takeover) wouldn’t take place unless the shoe fit both parties,” he said.

“It is something that we take really seriously. We’re really passionate about what we do in motorsport, but at the end of the day it’s a clean sheet of paper and we need to make sure that Stone Brothers are recognised for what they’ve done for the sport.

“To answer the question cleanly, the mechanics of the relationship will be fleshed out in the next few weeks. But anything is possible, sure.”

Ross Stone, who co-owns SBR with brother Jim Stone, was also reserved on the specifics of the situation.

“That’s a detail that we’re going to work out in the next couple of weeks,” he said.

“Eventually it is an option, but at the moment there is a lot of stuff we have to work through.”

Klimenko meanwhile left no doubt as to who is funding the new arrangement.

“I’ll say the same thing that I said to (AMG in) Germany. I am. That’s it, I am,” she said, before expanding on her motivations.

“It is a lot of money, but I did it because I love the sport and I believe in the brand. The brand and the sport together are a wonderful match.

“I think that it’s very good for Australia. It shows the world that Australia is not just a country at the bottom of the world. We are equal or even above other nations when it comes to sport.

“We can get a chance to show the world through V8s that we can do something spectacular and I want to be a part of that.

“I’ve been involved in GT for a while and I love the sport. It makes me me.”
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 am

Okay now heres my tip, its STILL no too late for another manufacturer to jump on board. Watch out for Toyota and BJR tongue
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 am

BJR and Audi please...

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am

wylie27 wrote:BJR and Audi please...
In 2014 maybe.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:03 am

An old article, and it may have been posted before... Could not be bothered searching.

AUDI TO GET SNEAK PEEK INSIDE V8 SUPERCARS. Tuesday 4th October, 2011

If Audi is contemplating a move into V8 Supercars under the new Car of the Future rules in 2013, then this month’s Armor All Gold Coast 600 will certainly provide the decision makers with plenty of experiences to throw into the mix.
Audi power brokers have been delighted with the recent news that their racing ‘God’ Emanuele Pirro will drive a V8 Supercar for the first time on the streets of Surfers Paradise on October 21-23 as a co-driver with Shane van Gisbergen at Stone Brothers Racing.
Pirro accepted the drive this week after the withdrawal of Kiwi Scott Dixon because of the premature birth of his second daughter.
The former F1 driver is worshiped by Audi fans around the world after helping the German manufacturer to no less than five outright victories in the Le Mans 24-hour event in France (2000, 01, 02, 06, 07) – not to mention thirds in 1999, 03, 04 and 05.
Leading the cheers has been the team from the Audi Centre Gold Coast which is entering its second year as the event’s official vehicle supplier, which includes the provision of a sensational R8 course car, RS5 and V12 Q7 course cars for all support category races and A8, A6, A7 and Q7s for VIP transfers.
The German manufacturer has a strong motorsport pedigree globally and in Australia – teaming up with Brad Jones Racing for several years to win two national 2-litre Super Touring championships.
The company has also previously been the supplier for the V8 Supercar Safety Car program.
While a European manufacturer, the inclusion of Audi would fit perfectly with V8 Supercars’ push into the Asian markets.
The Audi Centre Gold Coast is one of the newest and largest of Audi’s new generation lifestyle dealerships in Australia.
Such is the growth of the brand worldwide,  a new dealership twice the size of the impressive Gold Coast operation is scheduled to open each week in China for the next 12 months.
“Audi has such a tremendous racing heritage and when it was announced that Emanuele Pirro would be at this year’s Armor All Gold Coast 600 there was an instant buzz around our dealership and from our customers,” said Audi Centre Gold Coast joint dealer principal, Brett Frizelle.
“The names Pirro and Audi are synonymous when it comes to Le Mans and long distance racing and it would be great to see him add one of those famous Gold Coast 600 surfboard trophies to his cabinet in a couple of weeks time.
“As a local company we have been delighted with our relationship with the Gold Coast 600 and its organisers and the inclusion of Emanuele puts the icing on the cake for us this year.
“I am sure he will find the Audi R8 a very comfortable and familiar ride for the parade lap.”
Queensland Minister for Sport, Phil Reeves, said that while the exclusion of Dixon was regrettable, the addition of Pirro was a coup for the event.
“In the world of motorsports the name Emanuele Pirro is one of the biggest and we are delighted that he will be with us for the Amor All Good Coast 600,” said Reeves.
“It is great that a successful Queensland-based company like James Frizelle’s Automotive Group, which is already a terrific supporter of the event, will receive some extra benefit with the participation of Emanuele Pirro.
“We are counting down the days now and can’t wait for Queensland to be showcased to the rest of the world as the Events State and the Champions State.”
Armor All Gold Coast 600 General Manager Kurt Sakzewski, said that he was delighted that the signing of Pirro added to the experience of being involved in the event for Audi Centre Gold Coast.
“The team at Audi Centre Gold Coast have been terrific partners for our new-look event and the addition of Emanuele Pirro is a well-deserved bonus for them,” said Sakzewski.
“Everything is on target for another great event and we are confident of providing the Gold Coast with one hell of a party and fantastic festival we can all be proud of.”

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:09 am

That, Looks Awesome Very Happy

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content