OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 2010 The Game

+18
Paul
NoRecoil
puttzNZ
Ratel
Stumbles
Rinkly
RU four 86
Sleuth 101
mcrow5
okrad
surferofthemind
stikman
fisho1966
Scotland
Reaps
iWolf
JOE
Dazza4610
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

F1 2010 The Game - Page 4 Empty Re: F1 2010 The Game

Post by mcrow5 Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:51 pm

whats that on the leaderboards Reaper, top 10? not surprised haha!

mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scotland Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:54 pm

was good fun going around with you guys last night.thoroughly enjoyable...3rd in SPA was good enough for me...singapore..well, lets just say HATE! lol

Scotland
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:24 pm

I've noticed the timing bug and racing line disappearing between qual + race too. Very annoying when it happens on a track you don't know well.

Overall the game is awesome and I'm having fun playing it, hopefully they get the major bugs sorted out quickly and we can get on with the racing Smile
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Syxx Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

I so gotta get this game now
Syxx
Syxx
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:59 pm

[RANT]

I just took mine back!......... full refund (thank you EB)

Got sick of the frustration of not being table to feel what the back of the car was doing....... Power on out of a corner one lap perfect, same corner a lap later with the same line and your doing dounuts..... WTF?

Also i noticed this is a game for Wheel owners, The hand controller is far to twitchy to be smooth.

Codemasters should have stuck to WRC games, even then they stuffed that up too with DIRT.

[/Rant]
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:15 pm

True! I just broke my crappy "joytech" wheel after a massive 2 whole days of use, what a top quality product! Lucky I got it for free or I'd be really peeved!

hahaha it was so bad it didn't even have force feedback, still it was fun while it lasted Smile

I agree with you recoil, it is MUCH more enjoyable with the wheel, I had a really hard time with the controller & switched to the wheel straight away..

Anyone got a MS wheel they don't want/need anymore? (Note: preferably one that hasn't been bashed or thrown lol!)
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

NoRecoil wrote:[RANT]

Got sick of the frustration of not being table to feel what the back of the car was doing....... Power on out of a corner one lap perfect, same corner a lap later with the same line and your doing dounuts..... WTF?

Also i noticed this is a game for Wheel owners, The hand controller is far to twitchy to be smooth.

Codemasters should have stuck to WRC games, even then they stuffed that up too with DIRT.

[/Rant]

Go back a few games, back to V8 Supercars and i think thats where they should have stayed, even if you could go 8 seconds under the Bathurst lap record. Ever since they've started appealing for the "casual gamer" they've ruined every brand they've touched.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by carlslaw Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I just got it, man it's different to forza and takes some time to get used to. But it's fun. And online is good even with my shit modem.

carlslaw
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm

Syxx wrote:I so gotta get this game now

Reckon you'll like it syxx, its got some bugs that should get fixed, but it drives great with the M$ wheel.
NoRecoil wrote:[RANT]

[/Rant]

Sorry its not for you Recoil, definitely feels good with decent FF on the wheel.

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough but using the wheel in dry conditions I find the F1 cars easier to drive than a V8 supercar in FM3 and thats no assists!
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:43 pm

yea its definitely got a few bugs but im sure they will get onto it and give us an update that'll fix it. but apart from that i think that its a really good game i mean not the best but still pretty good

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 pm

iWolf wrote:
Maybe I'm not trying hard enough but using the wheel in dry conditions I find the F1 cars easier to drive than a V8 supercar in FM3 and thats no assists!

Look, i know i look like i'm whining way too much, but when you consider that T10 spent how long making FM3, and CM making F1, don't you think that the fact that its "easier to drive a F1 car" in F1 2010 is because of the drastically unrealistic physics engine as proven such in GRID?

I'm just finding it hard to believe that the same engine, with no tweaks, is un-realistic in one game and realistic in another.

And for that matter aren't F1 cars harder to drive than V8's anyway?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 am

Envy The Best wrote:
iWolf wrote:

Look, i know i look like i'm whining way too much, but when you consider that T10 spent how long making FM3, and CM making F1, don't you think that the fact that its "easier to drive a F1 car" in F1 2010 is because of the drastically unrealistic physics engine as proven such in GRID?

I'm just finding it hard to believe that the same engine, with no tweaks, is un-realistic in one game and realistic in another.

Hi envy, you're entitled to your view.

As far as I know, Aussie V8 supercars are notorious for lacking grip for their power and weight and besides, the dynamics of a holden or ford sedan really don't compare with an F1 car.

I haven't played GRID or other CM titles enough to know how good or bad I would find it. From what I read the EGO engine has been modded to model the dynamics of F1 cars fairly accurately. I can't know whether thats right or not, since I haven't driven a real F1 car (happy to try if anyone has one available Smile).
Anthony Davidson has driven F1 cars, he was the driver consultant on F1 2010 and he said its very accurate, but biased towards being playable rather than impossible (Yes, I know they're paying him as well).

From years of watching F1 I'd say they're real hard to control under acceleration from low to medium speed combined with lateral Gs when accellerating from a corner.
But they are very stable once the downforce kicks in, which would be most of the time and progressively more with speed, given the sophisticated aerodynamics they run. But when they let go - they let go. I'm finding F1 2010 plays that way.

Maybe differences with various difficulty levels, I've not had enough play time yet to punch in as an "Expert".
Will wait and see.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:49 am

One thing I always change on my cars is the balance to 50/50. Seems to make the cars fairly stable through corners as long as you don't try and accelerate off the top of the ripple strips, I'm able to accelerate hard just after the apex without looping the car.

I haven't put a lot of fine tuning into my setups yet so I expect there's a lot of room for improvement. I just always go full dry quick setup if it's dry, full wet if it's wet and then go and change the balance to 50/50 and the engine tune to fast and the cars are perfectly drivable and I usually win unless I get taken out in the usual first corner madness.

I play with no abs and medium TCS which is enough to get into trouble if you're too heavy on the accelerator out of the turns. Working my way up to no TCS Smile
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Envy The Best wrote:
iWolf wrote:

I reckon you should just try it before you go making a bunch of assumptions based on dodgy facts. Or don't & miss out on a great game, I don't really care, but I can tell you now the assumptions you are making (based only on their previous games??) are wrong & its kind of funny having played the game to read your posts telling us all how bad this game is (or must be). You haven't even tried it, meaning you basically have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to this game anyway, so why not give it a go, & if you still hate it, then come & post all about it then & I will agree to disagree with you at that point. Very Happy

Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JOE Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:18 pm

yeh it not that bad of a game!
JOE
JOE
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 pm

yeh envy mate just give it a go they did have the engine modified for the f1 cars so thats one point. also seeing as anthony davidson was on the team as well he said that it felt pretty good (obviously not 100% spot on but still very good). it also a game that involves a lot of thinking in terms of strategy which i particularly like. yes GRID was quite a dodgy game but i cant really see too many similarities between the 2 games so just give it a try ey? wot have u got to lose! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm

LOL.

Go try the game first...
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:58 pm

easier to drive than v8 supercars?
they have enuff downforce to drive upside down and defy the laws of gravity.. Shocked
attacking corners at insane speeds does require a bit of skill.
those guys pump out lap after lap after lap + or - .100 of a second, while going ultra ****ing fast.
i've been playing f1 games since they been releasing them, and while 2010 isnt rFactor .. its much better than some other f1 'sims'.

and if your interested... to a void a large quantity of bugs, turn fuel sim OFF til it gets patched.
solves the AI ignoring fuel weight, the pit bug (the one where your crew block you from entering) the massive bog down at race starts.

and hello all .. im sorta back.
wifi drops the xbox out after 3-5 mins... if anyone knows the cause
feel free to send me a pm.
(ports are all set in the firewall)

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi fetal, good to see you back, sorta..

thxs for the tip's, just got to get some time to play it,

on that note, I haven't got the time tonight to run at all, sorry

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by carlslaw Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Crap game, to inconsistent for me. It's a shame because it's nearly real good and I'm a massive f1 fan. To make things worse I cant race quick in forza anymore. F1 gam has ruined my driving hahaha I'm taking it back, too frustrating

carlslaw
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 pm

lol yea i know wot u mean carlslaw the steering in forza is alot more sensitive to F1. i was tryin to qualify last night and i just went everywhere sideways Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 pm

F1 cars.
think of a moped or scooter... now give it the power of a ducatti.
and all the gadgets of the NASA space shuttles.
Wink

thx RU, so far today ive gone from 1.4mbit downstream to 850kbps, to 2.1 mbit to 6.3 mbit.
im on naked, so i usually have 11mbit downstream and 1.4mbit upstream.
so i havent even been game to try and solve the wifi + xbox nonsense.

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 am

Fetal wrote:easier to drive than v8 supercars?
they have enuff downforce to drive upside down and defy the laws of gravity.. Shocked
attacking corners at insane speeds does require a bit of skill.
those guys pump out lap after lap after lap + or - .100 of a second, while going ultra ****ing fast.
i've been playing f1 games since they been releasing them, and while 2010 isnt rFactor .. its much better than some other f1 'sims'.

and if your interested... to a void a large quantity of bugs, turn fuel sim OFF til it gets patched.
solves the AI ignoring fuel weight, the pit bug (the one where your crew block you from entering) the massive bog down at race starts.

and hello all .. im sorta back.
wifi drops the xbox out after 3-5 mins... if anyone knows the cause
feel free to send me a pm.
(ports are all set in the firewall)

Hi Fetal,

its been a while mate, good to have you back, sorta.

Note your obs above and while they're a handfull in the wet, in general I do reckon F1 cars in F1 2010 are easier to drive than an FM3 V8 supercar. All aspects of performance in F1 cars is F'n' awesome.
Being as fast as Webber, Vettel and co, and consistent down to 0.100secs per lap - I'll keep working on that Laughing

Hope you get your interweb sorted well enough to come back and give us some driving lessons.

BTW thanks for the tip about the pit/fuel bug.

Cheers
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Posted some Track Setups over in the race/circut forum for you 2010 f1 nuts... (ive been a f1 nut for many many years)
they are for wheel users and work on any car in all modes

Back to top Go down

Post by puttzNZ Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:27 am

any for us lower class controller users lol
puttzNZ
puttzNZ
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by puttzNZ Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:47 am

what the best xbox steering wheel to go buy?

one of those Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel ?

or just the microsoft 1......
puttzNZ
puttzNZ
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:28 am

puttzNZ wrote:what the best xbox steering wheel to go buy?

one of those Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel ?

or just the microsoft 1......

The fanatec wheel is the ultimate, if you can afford and get hold of one. They cost BIG BUCKS $800 AUS with the pedal set! We have an importer in Aus (pagnian imports) who brought in 50 (all sold) but is finding it hard to get any more. Don't know if you can buy them in NZ you'll need to check it out. If you can get one in NZ let me know where, I might be interested.
Otherwise your only chance is if you know someone in the UK/Europe or USA who can buy one for you and then get it shipped to you.

Alternatively you buy the MS wheel if you can get hold of one, seems the supply is a bit scarce in OZ. Cost about $120-180 AUS. They have some small problems and can be frustrating sometimes. But they're still a great way to drive a racing game Smile Smile Smile.

You can also get a Joytech wheel, only thing I know about them is that Reapr broke one in 2 days.

Cheers
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next