OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

+18
Steeljockey
Rinkly
hillcrest
ThresholdAU
SunCrossed
Envy The Best
Nick Bear
CosmicChimera
Mitch
dazza83
gud 0l stoner
surferofthemind
Sleuth 101
Dazza4610
nat3885
dale teague
sempeR
NoRecoil
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 4 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by Nick Bear Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 am

When I got my cpx adapter there was no preorder he just set a date and time when the batch was ready and it sold out in 5mins. If you go on his forum and ask he usually replies pretty quickly.
And the shifter is out now as well, pagnian have sent mine

Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 4 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by SunCrossed Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 pm

For me it was about 2-3 weeks. He's pretty good for the most part.

More distressing right now is the fact Fanatec are about to announce a new wheel base and they are talking next gen... Which hints at possible x1 support but I'm, thinking more PS4...

SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 am

SunCrossed wrote:
More distressing right now is the fact Fanatec are about to announce a new wheel base and they are talking next gen... Which hints at possible x1 support but I'm, thinking more PS4...

Its a servo wheel.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Envy The Best wrote:
SunCrossed wrote:

Its a servo wheel.

Yep gathered that from the posts, what it supports is another matter....
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:51 am

Has anyone experienced button problems on their Tx wheel? My B button is starting to stick occasionally (like pretty often actually) - anyone had a go at pulling the wheel apart think this might be fixable?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ThresholdAU Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:07 pm

Alright, i've joined the TX owners group. On its way from the Pagnian boys with some pro pedals.

I've had  bit of a look around on the forza forum but is there more advise you can give me about settings and setup.

This is my first wheel.

ThresholdAU
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Definitely advise getting the ferrari GTE rim. Much more solid and has a much better feel than the standard rim!
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:37 pm

ThresholdAU wrote:Alright, i've joined the TX owners group. On its way from the Pagnian boys with some pro pedals.

I've had  bit of a look around on the forza forum but is there more advise you can give me about settings and setup.

This is my first wheel.

Congrats on the wheel, I liked the TX once I got used to it on FM5, don't know what the wheels are like on FM6 yet as sold the TX some time back due to ankle op and fair stint away from racing.

Was going to go the TX again but settled on the Logitech G920, only cause it was cheaper and prob a good reason for it, but time will tell and have like the G27 in the past, its currently on its way also via couriers.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Hi Sleuth 101 will you be giving some feedback on the G920 sounds tempting been enjoying the G27 for a long time on PC + ps3 . Have fun
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Rinkly wrote:Hi Sleuth 101 will you be giving some feedback on the G920 sounds tempting been enjoying the G27 for a long time on PC + ps3 . Have fun

Hi Rinkly, gave the G920 a run today, was going to start a new thread for it but decided not to, mods can if they want.

Was easy to set up and is wired but no issues really. could give a comparison and full review as have had quite a few wheels now, but I think you more want it in comparison of the G27?

I think it is a bit smoother than the G27 on its forcefeed back tho rumble is similar, the design is quite nice and like it with good layout of the xbox buttons, feel of wheel is similar to the G27 tho I think in a comparison looking the G920 is nicer and did feel a bit nicer to me.

Best thing and worse thing is the Pedals... While the brake pedal is really good and some adjustment in game with the outside deadzone (ie 72%) makes it feel very good and good resistance even firm, similar to the thrustmaster mods or close to fanatecs brake feel, throttle is good and clutch is slightly firmer than the throttle, if you liked the G27 pedals, these are better. Which also brings to the worse thing about the wheel and that is the resolution of the pedals...running a lower resolution in comparions to thrustmaster and fanatecs pedals, tho it can be dialled out somewhat in game with deadzones ect but really is only noticeable on the higher output cars on FM6 without traction, for me it is something I can live with and not a deal breaker.

So far it has been a good experience, lap times are slower than with the controller but that is stock cars and a bit of tuning on the diff decell would possibly change the off throttle oversteer you can at times get with using a wheel Wink

Finishing thoughts would be while still with only limited use on Forza, it is a good wheel, and those who like the G27 are going to like this and possibly even more, it fits into the area of the market for a quality force feedback wheel imo and price is kinda reflective of this (really do wish they had of upped the resolution of the pedals tho), while cheaper than all the good quality force feedback wheels currently available for XBOX one, I do think it would be better priced at $100 cheaper than the current value of $499,tho in saying that I did see it for $469 with the shifter from the Logitech store if you wanted a shifter with it, and pretty sure the forums sponsor would do a good deal with delivery Wink

Cheers and hope to see you on the track soon.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Many thank's for that Sleuth,am i right in saying the internals are still the same as G27,though you did say it is smoother on ffb. Will need to check with Pagnian to see if they are matching Logitech price with shifter ,cos i need one of those for ETS2 that i play a lot on PC.
Cheers and thank's ones again.Rinkly
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:24 pm

No worries, I am pretty sure you can use the Shifter of the G27 for it, tho the buttons on the G27 shifter wont work is all. Might pay to check that out.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Check out inside sim racing, I think they were able to get the g27 shifter working
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steeljockey Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:32 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/221979781378

TX wheel, new from what I can tell, goes off tomorrow, currently no bids, starting bid $100, for those looking for a good FFB wheel.

No it's not mine, (I need mine for racing), just saw it on eBay and thought someone might be looking for one.

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:54 pm

Just read your write up Sleuth on the G920 as I just purchased it and like your comments.  I was lucky enough to score it and a shifter for $321 in total brand new.  JB price matched a very cheap offer from HN which should have still been going til mid Jan but has returned to the full price of $498 just for the wheel and pedals.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xr06t Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:46 am

xr06t
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 pm

umm helloooo? is this thing on?
well fellas, been a long time, hope all well and all that.

FINALLY have FM6 and Project cars and am looking at scoring a new wheel setup.
Looking for best, cheapest option.
Also i still have my XB360 wheel Fanatec 911 turbo S and pedals, is it worth selling or not?

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by xr06t Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 pm

I have the g920 and I am happy with it. With the TX at $350 the 2 wheels are effectively the same price. I went with the G920 for the clutch. There is a little dead zone in the G920 which can be annoying on the straights, not sure how the TX is in this regard.

xr06t
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by feralcobra Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Hello TEEROY good to see you back sir I have the thrustmaster and haven't had to many problems with it I just wish that we could use the old fanatec I really miss it
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:31 pm

hiya feral, the old one still is a pleasure to use but the old games arent as good now.
ive used the TM at a mates but ive been so used to the feel of the fanatec that i cant seem to find the same quality in strength of wheel and the pedals. im sure money can buy this but trying to find something without having to buy a simulator.
hope the racing at OZFM is still top shelf, id race but cant use the hand controller for crap and refuse to learn, wont be back until i have a good wheel and pedals.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4