OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

+18
Steeljockey
Rinkly
hillcrest
ThresholdAU
SunCrossed
Envy The Best
Nick Bear
CosmicChimera
Mitch
dazza83
gud 0l stoner
surferofthemind
Sleuth 101
Dazza4610
nat3885
dale teague
sempeR
NoRecoil
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by nat3885 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah I gotta say the steering feels a bit different with a controller in FM5 compared to FM4. Will stick it out till early next year then I might finally look at becoming a wheel convert.

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 2 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by dale teague Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

When guy at JB Got mine transfered up to Brissy from a Melbourne store last Monday he told me only 4 left in JB stores AUS wide.Make that 3 left. Happy racing guys. Now all i have to do is get my son off Xbone & Skylanders which he got yesterday, or send him to bed early so i can have a turn. It`s great to be a dad.

dale teague
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Been wondering if this would work for TX wheel to use your CSP on it, it just might as the connection are the same and would only need to be rigged up backwards and hope the signals can travel backwards instead of just one way.

http://au.fanatec.com/PedalsAccessories?product_id=620
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:42 am

WIR - http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_12_13_13 wrote:Wheel Improvements

Finally, this content update will add various improvements across a number of different aspects of the game, including some upgrades for those playing Forza 5 with force feedback wheels like the Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition. With the update, players will be able to change the max degree of rotation (up to 270 degrees) within the game, and we have increased the maximum amount of available force feedback for wheels.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:08 pm

An update.

So after receiving a DOA wheel on the 4/12/13 they thrustmaster have sent along with mine new stock (hopefully not refurbished) which arrived in Australia on Friday to replace the broken thrustmaster wheels, yep mines not the only one that's been DOA or broken soon after using.

Support has been good, with responding generally within 24hrs of email's sent and did receive a phone call from them and went through step by step with them to problem solve, only to clarify yep it doesn't work and thrustmaster was satisfied.

Thoughts so far, good to ok support overall, appreciate they pushing stock to oz but it is only to replace the broken wheels already here, timeframe for replacement is poor but also remembering this is a new product and in the future I would imagine this will improve, a lot of money for what looks to be mediocre appearance on pedals, wheel base and rim but yet to use so the feel and use might be worth the price, not liking the lack of a  chat plug on wheel base and the thought of using connect or a second controller for chat could be problematic with extra wires and auto turning of for controller while only being usable in this configuration once new update has arrived which is soon "some say even next week" and with connect all those in party or chat hearing  your house hold conversations going on and the distant sounding it produces in chat, although does appear usable (hopefully a good wireless chat solution and headset become available soon).

So is it worth it, some might say so, for me if it does not live up to a 'very good performance' I will be returning it for a refund, if I can by that stage.

More to follow once I receive a new replacement working wheel (hopefully this week) and put some time into using it.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 am

My 1st wheel didn't arrive DOA but it did die some 4 hours later back in late November. Fried itself and went up in smoke actually. Purchased from EB who upon return didn't have anything to replace it with and didn't even care to try and help me out with replacing it so i got a refund. Found a wheel at The Gamesmen which was their last one and received that on the 5th December and all was good with the world again and it made my experience with Forza 5 much more enjoyable.

Fast forward to the night of the 20th December and i'm happily playing and navigating the menus when my wheel started to vibrate and the wheel was suddenly disconnected from the xbox, I switched off the wheel and the xbox and waited a couple of hours and turned it back on only to find smoke pouring out of the vents above where the power cable plugs into the case, AGAIN same as the 1st wheel.

17 days off limited use and the same thing happens WTF is up with that ? I have contacted Thrustmaster and i'm waiting for a response.
I also contacted The Gamesmen but can't get a replacement from them till after the 6th Jan. So far my 1st Thrustmaster product experience and it sucks big time, never had this problem with my Fanatec wheel. I have done some searching and i seem to have a unique issue ?

There have been the odd DOA and various issues with centering and the like but not the same as as myself. Are these issue specifically to do with stock to Oz and it not being able to handle a 240v supply ?

I hope i receive a new wheel before the 6th but i'm not holding my breath ! will keep you posted on my progress.

Last edited by puddle666 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:40 pm

I did have plans on doing a comprehensive review with pictures on this product, but don't see it worth it and will give an over view of my opinion and thoughts of the Thrustmaster TX racing wheel for Xbox One instead.

Firstly after receiving a DOA wheel I finally got a working one more than 3 weeks after I first placed my order.

So now after giving it a fairly good run and use through multiple classes on varying types of cars in FM5, it is my opinion this wheel is not worth the money paid for it and I am really considering requesting a refund and hoping the MadCatz offering in early Feb offers more.

The TX wheel is comparible to a Xbox 360 wireless racing and a Logitec G27 wheel, not a Fanatec and have owned all these types of racing wheels.

The pedals in comparison are of Microsft 360 wireless racing wheel quality, the Thrustmaster gas pedal is heavier which is annoying and provides some discomfort after extended use while the Brake pedal also being heavier does also provide better resistance than the MS 360 brake pedal and is more comparible to the G27 brake pedal.

The wheel rim itself feels cheap although does have a few nice features, being interchangeable with other rims is the biggest benefit, the buttons are plastic and although I liked the placement of them on the rim they still felt they should be on a lesser priced wheel package. The rim is smaller and thinner than a Fanatec, although it is comparible to a Logitec G27 rim with my preference being the G27 rim for feel while the Thrustmaster is smoother in force feedback than a G27 it is not as smooth as the Fanatec wheels force feedback.

The base is large, the largest base for any racing wheel I have ever owned and quite heavy also, which does provide very good force feedback effects and is quite accurate in its direction when driving tho I do wonder if this is also an improvement of the game physics itself, the TX fan is quite loud when in use the loudest of any wheel base fan I have used but once in game and playing it becomes unnoticeable and not an issue.

Several bugs still plague this wheel and should of been fixed by now, I have already experienced a couple of them, this could of easily been fixed by providing an on off button for the wheel as it does not have one, and relies on a usb connection to turn on and of, which is where a couple of problems lay, the usb cord is to short and fragile where it enters the base itself, the breakaway is a good idea but would cost most users another $20 to get a usb extension cable as I did.

The wheel doesn't always calibrate when turning xbox on, this happened twice for me but did calibrate properly at other times and again properly most recently.

When mounting the base to a racing simulator or a rig, there is a lip on forward side of base facing you meaning the base itself is not completely flat which limits the base with its mounting ability. Tho once mounted and screwed in is quite solid.

There is no Headset port for chat on wheel base, probably the biggest mistake ever as you can put up with a few problems but not having a chat port on wheel base itself is just plain stupid and a problem, using Kinect is painful for chat and the latest patch did not fix the abilty to use the controller and wheel at the same time under the same profile as was promised. Did I mention it has no Headset port for chat!!

The ability to change degrees of rotation on the wheel base itself is a good feature, as able to do so on the fly, I have noticed when changing wheel degrees on base it also reflects the same changes on wheel degree rotation ingame under advanced controller options.

The TX wheel had the potential to be a very good wheel, but am left wondering what if and why not and how come.

Would I recommend this product, NO not at the current price point, sure I have come of a Fanatec wheel owning both the CSR and GT2, also owning the G27, Logitec FX and MS wheel, I personally think this TX wheel from thrustmaster should be in the same price range as Logitecs G27 offering, and is comparible to that wheel itself with both pro's and con's to each.

Sure go buy it if you must have a wheel and need it, as using this wheel the TX Thrusmaster will provide you with a better racing experience than a controller and a deeper immersion into the game which is what it is intended and does accomplish this quite well, in comparing wheel brands I felt disappointed as expected more for the price considering what has been available for the Xbox in the past, sure it is the first wheel for Xbox One but I honestly feel it should of been more refined, more features and better quality pedals and rim feel.

Some may be happy with there purchase and I'm not trying to take away from that, it may be worth every dollar in there eyes and yours to, but this is my opinion and how I feel after use, I will continue to use unless I return it as it does provide a reasonable experience in game but not what I am used to or looking forward to given the price point and lacking quality and features in some areas. Thrustmaster had a fantastic opportunity to take control of a market with racing wheels and other peripherals in the future for Xbox One and I feel they lost out on this with low quality pedals and a mid quality wheel at a high end price point.

I would have to give the TX racing wheel from Trustmaster for Xbox One 6 Rubber Chickens out of 10.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:47 am

Nice write up SG1, and I would have to agree with most of it, value for money... nope.

The value for me is, I can not drive a car with a stick... I tried and for $700 believe me I tried... lol So for me it was a mater of throw the lot away and or buy the only wheel available.

I will add though, the wheel does not work with Need For Speed Rivals, it is just not recognised. You can launch the game and go back to the dashboard (home) that's it. Mind you N4F Rivals is an arcade racing game through and through so I can and always have used a stick to play those types of car games, just a bit disappointed not to have the option, but most likely would have used the stick in the end anyway.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:53 am

Ok, after a frustrating night of using the Kinect for chat I went on a search and found this on Thrustmaster's Facebook page.

Thustmaster, posted 21/02/2014 on Facebook wrote:
The new update of Forza 5 (available since yesterday) solves the conflict between steering wheel & gamepad controller.
It's now also possible to use “Xbox One Chat Headset”!
For this:
1)Plug Headset on your gamepad
2)Turn On the console with your gamepad
3)In console menu, SIGN IN to your profile with the gamepad
4)Launch the game
5)Inside the game, press “A” on your Steering Wheel
6)SIGN IN to same profile with your Steering Wheel
7)With your Steering wheel, you can now access to MULTIPLAYER and chat with the Headset even if you play with a Steering Wheel

Will give it a go and let you know what happens.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 am

^^^ Been using this since qualy last week(I should of said, sorry), works, I did find that a couple of times doing the way it suggests above didn quite work all the time for some reason tho this could be because Im using the tritton headset also, so now I just sign in with the wheel  and load up Forza and if want to use chat turn on controller and sign in the controller under same profile and away it goes and seems to work the same. Don't really need do it in any order as such to get it to work. Also if your controller disconnect's don't worry just turn it back on when you can and will pick chat back up again. Side note * of late since using this have noticed at times there can be 1 person that can't hear you but you hear them in a lobby, this could be just Forza and or Xbox or maybe it is a conflict, not a big problem unless it's recoil and you want to say something..(jokes) Smile 

Also the wheel does not loose it degrees of rotation and go back to 900' now unless you unplug it and doesn't need to calibrate unless you unplug it (power cable or usb) and just works and feels a fair bit better, or maybe I'm getting used to it.

Best thing I did with this wheel is was get a decent set of pedals, T500 with basher mod, tho Basher boards is releasing an adapter very soon so you can use your Fanatec pedals with TX wheel.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 am

If you have the Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel and some Fanatec pedals and want to use them on your TX Wheel, now you can (well very soon anyway), Via Basher Boards. http://www.basherboards.com/

Email on product and when it will be available.

March 25th, 2014

Just a quick update:

The CPX will go on sale Friday March 28th at 7 AM PACIFIC! This time was chosen as it best covers the majority of the time zones in my customer base. I understand that for some folks in places like Australia, this is quite late in the evening. I will be attempting to stagger things a bit as I release more batches such that everyone can get a chance.

Watch the site and/or your email for updates please.

As always, thank you for your interest in my products.

Sincerely,

Jon

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 am

Awesome using it without a clutch pedal was a nightmare get to use my fanatec clubsport v2 pedals! Now all they need to do is release a shifter
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:28 am

I'm kind of in the same boat as Dazza - I really struggle to be at all accurate with the controller, so the only wheel on offer was the way to go. Yes, very pricey though...
By and large I am happy - and keen to try the controller/headset workaround, so hopefully will not annoy the lobby with the Kineckt echo anymore.

A question though for users of this wheel compared to other wheel/pedal sets (this is my first real wheel) - Is the sensitivity of these pedals what I should expect from a wheel? To be honest I was pretty disappointed - even with inside/outside deadzone settings for accel/brake at 0/100 there is a little bit of play when you touch the brakes. I was really hoping to be able to have instant response at the slightest touch (and possibly even progressive stiffness as you get on them harder, but this might be a bit of an ask Smile )
Will a third party pedal (if and when available) be likely to offer more that this?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am

Cosmic, yes third party pedals are definatly an improvement,

I managed to pick up some T500 pedals and put a basher boards brake mod in them, it was plug and play and has helped heaps and does have a progressive resistence to them now, still not quite the same as Fanatecs Clubsport pedals but not far of, has a clutch which is usable in FM5 also but I use the red B button on the wheel for clutch which in turn makes my foot pedal clutch the handbrake now but doesn't matter.

The CPX adapter will make Fanatec Clubsport pedals work on the TX wheel, at some stage Thrustmaster are releasing a 3 pedal upgrade for TX wheel which should be better than what they have now and a shifter also, who knows when tho.

The wheel is good and very usable once you get rid of the stock pedals and get your head around the plastic look to it, coming from a Fanatec wheel it was hard to adjust to but starting to like it more and more as I get used to it.

Oh and if you want more sensitivity to your current pedals just bring the decell/brake outside deadzone down a bit, this will make it brake faster and less movement of pedal travel to get the 100% braking, but for me it caused a lot of lockups, maybe you could look at modding your current pedals to create more resistance?
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:41 am

Thinking of modding the current TX pedals.

I just pulled apart the stock pedals and the easiest mod I think that will work is there is a spring on the brake pedal, If you put some foam preferably the rubber type stuff and cut it to fit inside the spring then this would give more resistance to your brake pressure, if it ends up being not enough travel but good pressure and feel to the braking then just adjust your outside deadzone brake/decell to suit.

Bit fiddly putting it back together cause of the tension of springs in the accell and brake pedal but all up an easy and cheap mod to do and think it will work better than what it is now..

Tips, make sure all screws are out including the one behind were the cable goes into pedal set, Also take of pedal plates to allow easy access to internal components. When reassembling place pedals upside down and push down on flat surface(table) to compress both pedals at once and allow easier placement of screws and spring alignment .
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks Razor, I will look forward to some new pedals.
But a hardware hack?....hmmm, don't think I'm brave enough for that Smile lol
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:45 am

Do any TX wheel users know how to stop the DOR resetting to 900 degrees every time you start Forza?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:21 pm

If you unplug the power supply or unplug the usb conections to your console it will reset itself to 900 degrees everytime and do the spin of the wheel and re calibrate itself when plugged back in.

If you don't pull any of the plugs out of the wheel or turn console of at the wall it will keep whatever degree of wheel settings you last used and not re calibrate when turning xbox on or starting forza. Well that is how mine works anyway.

Also if you push the mode button and directional pad, it goes through pre set  wheel degrees for you, example 900' is 4 flashes, I always use 540' which is 3 flashes, you can adjust these anytime even while driving.

Hope this helps.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 am

Thanks - helps heaps. I'd been using 600', but 540 should be no problem if I can change it in -game.
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:35 pm

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 2 10171010

Be interesting to see what is different to them from the current stock pedals when they release more info apart from the obvious of a clutch and T500 pedal plates, anyway due out in May..
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 pm

^^^ Very interesting...
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu May 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu May 22, 2014 8:26 pm

Might even be up for one these ^^^ when F1 2014 comes out. Will be sure to get it from there also.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Sat May 31, 2014 5:41 pm

T3PA pedals have been released in england for about £90 so I think they will probably be around the $200 mark here. If anyone is after an alternative the basherboards cpx adapter works well with the fanatec clubsport pedals
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Anyone have any problems with the thrustmaster tx turning on and off randomly during races? Did it 4 times during my last race
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm

surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next