OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

+18
Steeljockey
Rinkly
hillcrest
ThresholdAU
SunCrossed
Envy The Best
Nick Bear
CosmicChimera
Mitch
dazza83
gud 0l stoner
surferofthemind
Sleuth 101
Dazza4610
nat3885
dale teague
sempeR
NoRecoil
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 3 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by Nick Bear Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Anyone have any problems with the thrustmaster tx turning on and off randomly during races? Did it 4 times during my last race

Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel - Page 3 Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by surferofthemind Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm

surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:02 pm

That means the shifter port has been finally enabled on the TX which means Basherboards will release an adapter and I'll be able to use my Clubsport Shifter which is awesome! Shame so few cars use H pattern but you know for those that do it is excellent like the mx5 in iRacing and old school cars in Project cars...

Sidenote: my Basherboard for the Clubsport pedals is on it's way to me now can't wait to get rid of those rubbish TX ones...

Sidenote 2: if you want a better wheel that the uncomfortable 458 wheel the GTE wheel is a decent choice, but at $170 from US amazon its not exactly cheap especially when you see what Fanatec are releasing for the CSW and it doesn't compare but its way more comfortable that the standard wheel. Not sure it is worth the money though...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:34 pm

I have cut a piece of the white packing sponge that comes in the box when delivered and placed it directly behind the brake pedal itself. Dialled the deadzone to 87%. Works a treat.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Has anyone yet ordered the T3PA pedals from the Pagnian website - it doesn't seem to want me to go past the checkout screen..any ideas?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:49 pm

I wouldn't buy them they look like a clutch version of the crappy pedals that already come with the wheel. Get some Fanatec CSP's and a CPX basherboard and get a way better experience... I got my Basherboard this week and the difference is amazing... I know not the cheapest option but those pedals do look pretty weak for the $200...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks for the tip Suncrossed, i will check it out - been so desperate for a better pedal, the stock pedals really let the TX wheel down.
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza83 Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:29 pm

got my t3pa pedals for under $100 should be arriving in the next couple of days.

the fanatec option seems to risky for the price. nothing stopping thrustmaster blocking this in a update. plus the t3pas reviewed nicely at inside sim racing.

dazza83
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:02 pm

The basherboard is invisible to the wheel so should never cause an issue... The pedals with the TX are pretty dumb, (based on the build quality I'd say incredibly dumb) so doubt there is a way to stop the basherboard, if they could they would have by now I imagine... Can always buy secondhand CSP's v1, to minimise risk... Loadcell brakes and brilliant build quality is just worth it, I get so much better brake and throttle control with that as opposed to the TX stuff..
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:27 pm

basherboard website seems to be off the air...do you know if the CTX is available anywhere else?
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza83 Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:50 pm

SunCrossed wrote:The basherboard is invisible to the wheel so should never cause an issue... The pedals with the TX are pretty dumb, (based on the build quality I'd say incredibly dumb) so doubt there is a way to stop the basherboard, if they could they would have by now I imagine... Can always buy secondhand CSP's v1, to minimise risk... Loadcell brakes and brilliant build quality is just worth it, I get so much better brake and throttle control with that as opposed to the TX stuff..

the chances of them blocking it are slim, the pedals might be dumb, but there will still be a pcb in there somewhere and if they wanted to they could block it by software.

dazza83
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:12 pm

Basherboards should still be going, the off air is an old post im pretty sure. The cpx is available preorder at the moment. But its worth it in my opinion the csp's are far superior in feel and build. Ive gone through 2 thrustmaster updates since I got my pedals and adapter and haven't had any problems
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:26 pm

What type of rig are you guys with the CSP pedals using? online reviews say they're pretty heavy and need to be mounted? I might need to build something, but would be interested to know what it takes to keep them stable on the ground
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:05 am

I use the Pagnian GTUltimate rig with two wheel stands. The pedals don't bolt to the stand but use the end plate to keep it in position. But I have to swap my pedals between two stands so that works well. The pagnian wheel stand is an excellent stand by it's self and well worth buying...

All I can say is any standard pedal (let's not talk to $1,000's pedals here) after the CSP's feels like complete rubbish. Most Fanatec users would agree. Given a lot of us seemed to have already got a basherboard to fix that issue.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 pm

I got a playseat setup not entirely happy with it though. Havent bolted the csp's down as of yet. They are pretty solid and stable. u could probably use them straight on the floor as it has rubber on the front to stop it moving around
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Who has a sequential gearshift for the TX One? If do, which one is it?
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Dont think its released yet. The TH8A shifter is for the tx pagnian has it available preorder for august 22
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Good to know....cheers
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 am

The PS2 port for Gear shifter on the TX has been enabled as of last patch and Basherboard is looking into options for the CS Shifter, I'm hanging gout for that as I already have one.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza83 Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 pm

just got my t3pa pedals today. no idea how good the fanatec pedals are, but with the brake mod dam these feel good. no more locking up.
they feel nicer can control the throttle so much better. they really are 100 times better than the crap they released with.

only cons are the pedals are slippery and i like racing in socks, need to get some with grips. and having smaller pedals have thrown my feet position out a bit.

haven't been able to have a serious go with them to see if i'm actually quicker or not. dam wheels broken ffb is stuffed and each time i need to use the wheel i have to run the motor calibration tool otherwise it continues to spin when i turn on the xbox.
amazons got me a new wheel arriving next thursday.

dazza83
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Got my cpx adaptor the other day, very happy works well just plug it in and play, have a play with braking pressure and abs vibration knobs and that all there is to it

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza83 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:10 pm

hey guys.

did t10 soften the ffb on forza 5, before patch and on my old wheel when you turned in etc you could really feel like you had someone pushing back.
i just got my new base and the ffb does not feel as strong when i turn that force has gone. is this new with the patch?

my old base failed before i could try the new patch so no idea if the new 1 is ok.

dazza83
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Now that you mention it Daz, you might be onto something....does feel a bit softer....
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Yep I was thinking the same thing actually thought it was just me...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 am

Question for those with the CPX adapter - how long did you have to wait before basherboards even confirmed your order? I put my $10 down on 11 Aug and still no love...
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Bear Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 am

When I got my cpx adapter there was no preorder he just set a date and time when the batch was ready and it sold out in 5mins. If you go on his forum and ask he usually replies pretty quickly.
And the shifter is out now as well, pagnian have sent mine
Nick Bear
Nick Bear
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:34 pm

For me it was about 2-3 weeks. He's pretty good for the most part.

More distressing right now is the fact Fanatec are about to announce a new wheel base and they are talking next gen... Which hints at possible x1 support but I'm, thinking more PS4...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next