OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

+18
Steeljockey
Rinkly
hillcrest
ThresholdAU
SunCrossed
Envy The Best
Nick Bear
CosmicChimera
Mitch
dazza83
gud 0l stoner
surferofthemind
Sleuth 101
Dazza4610
nat3885
dale teague
sempeR
NoRecoil
22 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel Empty Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 am

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

I can almost smell my new wheel. So keen to get in to fm5, I am having serious FOMO.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel Empty Re: Thrustmaster TX XBox One Racing Wheel

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 am

You will have to let us know how it goes Dazza, looks like it should be good although pricey but as a hobbie of sorts is worth it I think. I'm interested in how to chat in a lobby or game without using the Kinect feature with this wheel tho pretty sure your supposed to be able to sign in with two peripherals under the same GT which would allow you to use the controller for chat still and wheel for use but think I read thrustmaster said not to do so until the update mid December for some reason?

Pretty sure there will be a wireless solution in the future and on that alone I'm expecting delivery tomorrow. Cool

Which reminds me, Fanatec anyone, have one for sale or maybe I will just sell the wheel and shifters and keep the pedals for on, let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited by SG1 RAZOR on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:19 am

Was wondering the same thing this morning sg1 regarding chat. I guess I will find out soon enough!

Had a great run in to Brisbane this morning so now I will grab a coffee and wait for the shop to open... F#}< I hope they did not sell it on me.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 am

IF you dont have your mic plugged in it automatically uses the kennect mic for your profile.

No need for 2 profiles.

Im using the kinect setup atm so i can use my turtle beaches
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:03 am

Thrustmaster Support wrote:FORZA 5 & TX RACING WHEEL: Second Forza Motorsport 5 update scheduled for mid-December.
Additional forces optimization and fine-tuning of TX Force Feedback Effects with Forza Motorsport 5 will be included in Forza Motorsport 5 second update scheduled mid-December – This will bring great additional enhancement such as improved forces strength, optimizing wheel & controller profile management, providing user option to set the degrees of rotation.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:50 pm

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/6208447/6282093/ShowThread.aspx#6282093

ZeroKFE on FM.net wrote:
So, my Thrustmaster TX wheel arrived yesterday, and overall I like it a lot.

I only had time to play for about an hour or so last night after getting the firmware updated and setting it up on my wheel stand, but it was definitely a good hour. This wheel is replacing my old Fanatec gear -- a CSR wheel, CSR Elite Pedals, and a CSR shifter set -- and by and large it compares quite favorably.

First, the low points:

As pictures indicate, it's definitely very plastic and toylike in appearance, which is a big downgrade from the very classy look and feel of my Fanatec gear (well, everything but the Fantatec shifters, which were jarringly plastic and toylike next to the wheel and pedals). That said, it does NOT feel cheap or flimsy -- while there is a lot of plastic, it's good, solid plastic and it feels well constructed and durable.

Also, the fact that there isn't even the most tentative of pricing or availability information for the 3 pedal set and H-shifter addons is definitely a frustration. Yes, these things actually make most kinds of driving a lot more challenging, but they also just make it more fun, and I'll be a lot happier with the wheel overall when I have the option of using them. Please, Thrustmaster, hurry up and take more of my money!

Now, onto the good stuff:

While the rim is definitely the biggest offender in the "looks like a toy" category, it does feel quite good. While I prefer the feel of the suede grips on the CSR wheel, the texturized rubber is high quality, comfortable, and grippy. Also, the button quality and layout are excellent. Every button is well built: they have good positive click responses when pressed, and feel very sturdy and (as with everything about the wheel) durable, which definitely couldn't be said about many of the face buttons on my CSR wheel. That is also true of the shifter paddles -- very hefty metal construction, nice positive click, and an appropriate amount of travel. Of course, the CSR also had very nice paddles, and it's hard to say which I prefer since I no longer have the CSR for direct comparison., but these are definitely good.

As for the layout, while it is a bit odd at first that the X, Y, B, and A buttons aren't in the standard cross formation, I was actually sold pretty quickly once I used the wheel. Their large size and smart positioning mean that as with every other button on the wheel (except maybe the "manettino" switch on the lower right) they can quickly and easily be pressed with your thumbs without looking with your hands still holding the wheel. Also worth noting is that the rim actually features essentially three extra buttons compared to a normal xbox controller (or to the CSR), and the base has one more still. Currently these extra buttons just duplicate existing functions in Forza (as do two that should be the stick click, I think), but documentation on the Thrustmaster support site seems to indicate that the next title update for Forza might include additional mapping options to take advantage of these extra buttons (and, obviously, the buttons are all immediately usable if you are connecting the wheel to a PC).

Especially exciting to me was that there are actually two buttons hidden away on either side of the back of the rim, right where your ring finger naturally rests if you have your index and middle fingers on the paddles. Currently they double for the paddle functions, and presumably they are meant to map to the left and right stick clicks, but the positioning could be quite useful if they were opened up and freely mappable.

And then there is the wheel base itself. The CSR had good force feedback for sure, but this is much, much better. It's smooth, consistent, and crazy powerful -- in fact, it's so strong that when I took a very hard turn, the torque loosened the swivel on the post of my wheel stand. Obviously I've not used the T500, but this definitely feels in the ballpark of the crazy force I've seen demonstrated from that wheel in videos -- which again lends credence to the theory that this is essentially a T500 base modified to work with the Xbox One. Anyway, it feels really, really great driving Forza out of the box without any tweaking of settings, but again, there is documentation that seems to indicate that an upcoming title update in Forza will include improvements to their force feedback implementation and to the available configuration options (including the ability to set the degrees of rotation, which is currently locked at 900).

Finally, the pedals. As with the rest of the set, while they are certainly plastic, they are a very solid plastic, and the metal pedal faces definitely give them a bit of extra credibility. Much more importantly, they have a much better feel than I was expecting. They have a good travel distance and nice resistance, with the brake being appropriately stiffer and shorter than the gas. While none of that is adjustable in any way, they're essentially how I would want them anyway -- but each person's mileage will certainly vary on that count. Also, it remains to be seen how long they will retain this excellent feel, but something tells me they will at least hold out until whenever the 3 pedal set becomes available, at which time they will go in the closet and serve as a capable backup set.

Again, since I no longer have my Fanatec gear it's hard to give a precise comparison to my old CSR Elite pedals, but clutch pedal aside, I certainly don't feel like it's a huge downgrade, as I expected I would. The CSR-E pedals are obviously highly adjustable, and just about every aspect of pedal positioning, stiffness, throw, etc can be tweaked and dialed in to match the user's preference, which is extremely valuable, but again, these pedals feel well tuned for my tastes out of the gate. Also, the CSR-E brake pedal uses a load cell to measure braking pressure which makes them much more accurate in theory, but at least in the short time I had to play with these I didn't feel terribly hampered by that distance -- braking was plenty smooth, clean, and accurate for my (admittedly low) skill level.

Anyway, that's my initial thoughts on the TX wheel. It's the only game in town until February if you want a wheel for Forza 5 and the Xbox One, but it's a damn good game at least at first blush (and it doesn't hurt that it's also a pretty decent wheel for PC use as well). I have no idea how it would feel to someone coming from a CSR Elite wheel, or a Clubsport Wheel, or even a G27 or T500, but coming from the standard CSR wheel it feels like a nice upgrade to me, with the exception of the cosmetic apperance.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Can't say I would recommend this product, mine appears to be DOA..

Not impressed Mad 

Guess it's refund time so a least get my coin back cause there's none left in OZ, but it appears I'm not the only one...with quite few others having problems with the wheels straight away or after a few hours use.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Not good news SG1,

I have only run mine a few hours so far so I guess time will tell. In that few hours though I am impressed with the feel. The force feedback is very realistic IMO it is better than the GT2.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Daz, how does fm5 feel on the wheel compared to fm4? I'm really not enjoying the feel with the controller, how I'd love to try fm5 on the a wheel Mad 
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Semper, I have to start by saying, I CAN NOT drive a car with a stick, just not possible for me to do it.  I take my hat off to those who not only can drive wit the controller but whip my a$re.  

Anyway, I have only had a couple of hour on the new TX but first thought while I was bolting it up and turning it on was...

The wheel itself, seems as good as the Fanatec,.  The pedals are chalk and cheese in build quality when comparing them to the club sports.  

Keep in mind I am comparing fm4 which is 2 years old and running on a console that is somewhat 8-9 years old with fm5 which is all shinny and new.  I did about 5 laps on Bathurst in a stock untuned v8.  Well this was pretty special, I have driven around the track, all be it in a rental falcon wagon, but the memories all came back.  I did try this with the controller and I have to say, I just did not get the light feeling going over skyline, never felt the wheel drop through the dipper, or the slight pull as I put a wheel on a ripple strip.  The controller to me just did not do it for me.  Mind you I spend more time rubbing the walls than on the track... lol.  

So, do I like it...  Sh1t yeah!  Now is it because of the wheel or the game... Not sure.  I do believe fm5 for me is much better with the wheel.  In fact I would have stopped playing forza if I did not buy this wheel.  I just could not wait any longer for Fanatec to do something.  

Let's just hope I don't have a lemon...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Hope aswell mate. But shit, better than fm4!? I really liked the wheel in fm4, but my Fanatec turbo s was so unreliable, it made it hard to stay commited to playing with it.

I'm also interested to hear how it takes a thrashing, like a solid few hours playing non stop. And how she wears over time, obviously no one can answer that right now though haha
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Early days to say it is better than Fanatec on fm4. You are right though the Fanatec was not very reliable. I have not had too many problems with my gt2, but it did have its moments.

Time will tell...

I will be up at 5 in the morning to start on my racing career, now I can actually drive around the track without hitting a wall at least half a dozen times a lap. lol

driver 

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:Not good news SG1,

I have only run mine a few hours so far so I guess time will tell.  In that few hours though I am impressed with the feel.  The force feedback is very realistic IMO it is better than the GT2.
Will see how it goes as support made contact within 2 hrs of message, so hopefully they may have a fix or a run around or maybe a replacement, will keep you posted of out come, time and helpfulness.

Was really looking forward to full steam ahead with the new wheel but also do understand it happens and be interesting to see what happens next. Happy motoring driver 
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:Early days to say it is better than Fanatec on fm4.
Ahh okay I must've miss read your first reply

Err actually after reading over it again, I don't know where I pulled that from scratch
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 am

after a few hours this morning, just continuing through career mode, I thought the wheel felt great, the force feedback IMO is better than the Fanatec in FM4, keeping in mind comparing FM4 and FM5 at the same time...

The brakes are touchy, in fact in most corners I have found back gearing with a good ol' rev to match revs works a treat and a track like Prague I don't think I even used the brakes. The car I am driving is the GT86 and seemed very twitchy under braking, so it could be the untuned car.

More fun tomorrow morning...

Oh My wheel is still working... yay! I have noticed though the cooling fan runs for about 5 mins after closing the game back to the dashboard. yesterday I shut down the xbox while the fan was running and 15 mins later the fan was still running, I had to start up the Xbox and as soon as I did the fan stopped. Today I left the Xbox at the dashboard, (actually I was uploading some epic videos to SkyDrive) and the wheels fan turned off after about 5 mins. I then shut down the Xbox. So I am guessing that there is a bit of a glitch with the fan's instructions on when to turn on and more so turn off.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 am

Ok, so after a "stupid" attempt to have chat last night I had both the hand controller (headset plugged in to it) and the wheel connected at the same time. Well at first I thought this was working until I got in to Stu's lobby and we started a race... turns out this is not a solution. Embarassed  all sorts of crap happening, rotation all strange, flappy paddles not working properly.

Anyway, had a google around and yep, there is an issue connecting both hand controller and wheel to the same profile, however this should not be the case and will be addressed in the next game update (mid December). So I followed the instructions on how to get out of the mess I created... and while everything as far as button assignments etc came back, the wheel would not centre correctly. Now I can only assume this had something to do with my dual controller setup. Tried all sorts of stuff, changing the sequence I turned stuff on... all to no avail.

Emailed TM Tech Support, and this is where I am really impressed and one of the reasons for this long winded post.

I received a reply from tech support within 5 mins, with a program and a pdf file with instructions on what to do. Lots of screen shots and very detailed instructions.

Pleased to say all good again, wheel is now functioning as it was when I first turn it on... happy camper right here. driver

Thank you Thrustmaster Support.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 am

Wow that's some excellent tech support!
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:52 am

Good to hear Dazza, also I am impressed with the support I have received so far, very helpful calm and positive.

Found out that the quick disconnect to USB is the same as any 360 connection with quick disconnect to usb..
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:56 am

What do you mean by "quick disconnect to USB"?

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:03 am

The USB cable has a join in it, this is so when it is stretched to far or bumped it breaks away quickly, ie quick disconnect, without putting further pressure on cable at the ends ie at wheel end where the cable goes in or at USB end where cable goes into console or pc.

Most commonly seen on wired controllers and headset, what I'm saying is it is possible to use those same 'quick disconnect' cable with USB on your thrustmaster wheel.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by dale teague Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Picked up my wheel last night & so now i can do some serious racing again. Played for about 2 hours last night & all good so far. Boy is the forcefeedback strong on these suckers. So hopefully now i will see more of you guys on the track. Thanks for your help Dazza last night getting my wheel set up. C you on the road tonight

dale teague
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Dang! Err body be gettin wheels
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah I gotta say the steering feels a bit different with a controller in FM5 compared to FM4. Will stick it out till early next year then I might finally look at becoming a wheel convert.

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dale teague Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

When guy at JB Got mine transfered up to Brissy from a Melbourne store last Monday he told me only 4 left in JB stores AUS wide.Make that 3 left. Happy racing guys. Now all i have to do is get my son off Xbone & Skylanders which he got yesterday, or send him to bed early so i can have a turn. It`s great to be a dad.

dale teague
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next