OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

+34
o MANIC o
mystery
puttzNZ
Sly Dux
Paul
XYvSTUvYX
never enough
stikman
fisho1966
lakerslegend
Waffelz
sempeR
hillcrest
Sleuth 101
Tastyyx
RU four 86
GOWIE22
STONDKIWI
C RazyStingray
TEEROY 34
Goomf
OctarineDream
mad DANNO 29
surferofthemind
Dazza4610
MadRacer38
NoRecoil
JamieWhincup#1
SunCrossed
Dektra
Zabbey21
nat3885
NzLRyaNLzN
crimson eagle73
38 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 15 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by Reaps Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:06 pm

STONDKIWI wrote:
Original Reapr wrote:Go set top times on all the tracks straight away, that way we dont have to hear how "fast" some people that just got the console and suddenly found ozfm again are. Thats usually how it goes with a new Forza release, until they get beat n disappear again, just go punish them from the word go so they dont get all "im awesome" and feel the need to crow about it here. Smile 

Oh yeah! The "ONE" has finally arrived!
there will be fast times allready. I saw in the video dazz put up and seen voodooumu in there and he way fast
Yea bro understood, im talking about the guys that havent been around for ages then jump on OZFM after collecting their preorder, then proceed to tell everyone how awesome they are with their "top" times and how much everyone else is missing out etc blah blah blah, and then promptly disappear muttering excuses when everyone else gets their game and they realise they arent blitzing it as much as they thought they were. Go OZFM community. Also another small reason why I aint a fan of leaderboards, but rather actual racing. Smile 

Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 15 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by RU four 86 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Panda-monium breaks loose

12.05am: Xbone dedicated servers crash with the deluge of once-off online mandatory logins.

12.35am: some servers are up, but crash again from the weight on continual attempts to log on

2.45am: All servers are still down as 100,000's users attempt to log on in the asia pacific region.

6.15am: Europe and America attempt to access the xbone servers, but the entire online infrastructure collapses from the millions world wide attempting to log on.

9:30am Microsoft release a press statement.
"Due to the unexpected attempts by all new xbone users to log onto the new state of the art dedicated servers, some problems have occurred and all activity has been postponed. Over the 72hr all world regions will be allocated time one at a time to allow the system to operate. During this time any and or all general gaming will be suspended, as per the Terms and Conditions of using our online services. America will be activated first, followed by Europe and the remained of the world, well can just wait. than you for your patience"

3 days later, Australia and New Zealand are activated and all initial attempts to log in are successful.

Another Day later, All general online gaming is accessed and things appear to be running smoothly.

A week away, Xbone Dedicated servers crash due to a Russian Hacking Group, and Microsoft again are forced to keep them down and publicly  inform all users that there privacy has been compromised.
"over the last 48hrs all operating xbone units has been sending complete video from inside everyone lounge room, via the new always on kinetic sensors. we regret the inconvenience caused to our users and are working around the clock to rectify the problem"

millions of personal videos pop up all over every social media outlet, inc Youtube, Facebook. Of everyday people going about the daily business in the privacy of there own home. The gaming public are outraged and 100's are attempting to return the Xbone.

Police are required to calm the growing unrest as gamers are demanding there money back from local game stores. A roit has broken out at one downtown EB game store as police are forced to arrest dozens of gamers young and old alike after smashing displays and windows.

Wake up sweetie you fell asleep, its 11 o'clock and your going to miss the midnight launch of that new toy…..

Phew it was only a bad dream….. or was it…..

RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Original Reapr wrote:
STONDKIWI wrote:
Original Reapr wrote:Go set top times on all the tracks straight away, that way we dont have to hear how "fast" some people that just got the console and suddenly found ozfm again are. Thats usually how it goes with a new Forza release, until they get beat n disappear again, just go punish them from the word go so they dont get all "im awesome" and feel the need to crow about it here. Smile 

Oh yeah! The "ONE" has finally arrived!
there will be fast times allready. I saw in the video dazz put up and seen voodooumu in there and he way fast
Yea bro understood, im talking about the guys that havent been around for ages then jump on OZFM after collecting their preorder, then proceed to tell everyone how awesome they are with their "top" times and how much everyone else is missing out etc blah blah blah, and then promptly disappear muttering excuses when everyone else gets their game and they realise they arent blitzing it as much as they thought they were. Go OZFM community. Also another small reason why I aint a fan of leaderboards, but rather actual racing. Smile 
Leaderboards are awesome:P Razz Twisted Evil I'll be hooning around Bathurst till morning drinking red bull n vods:drunken: 

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Man waiting suxs big time, and I h8 tasty
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Not wrong, the dude at my EB said it was one of the official launch locations n that 200 ppl were comin to.. Will be there all night ffs..

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:14 pm

I got the fast pass at eb but I think prob 200 others got same thing
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:16 pm

I didn't even get offered one.. Wtf, how you get that?

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Just by havin paid in full b4 launch day
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Went in the other day to preorder assassins creed and the girl at EB asked if I had preordered the xbox one...  Told her I had a fast pass, she said, oh your the one!  Small town...  lol.

I think I will wander down at 11:45pm

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:54 pm

As much as I want to go pick my Xbone at midnight launch I have to resist temptation and pick it up tomorrow. For I know if I get it tonight I'll end up being on it till god knows what hour of the morning and then go to work on no sleep and drive around in a car all day driving like I do in GTAV.

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Thats why we get sick days.
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:06 pm

nat3885 wrote:As much as I want to go pick my Xbone at midnight launch I have to resist temptation and pick it up tomorrow. For I know if I get it tonight I'll end up being on it till god knows what hour of the morning and then go to work on no sleep and drive around in a car all day driving like I do in GTAV.
Fit right in in Hobart lol.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:35 pm

@Reaper
There you go man. I'm like the best ever aye. Laughing 
Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 15 Pictur10
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Tastyyx wrote:@Reaper
There you go man. I'm like the best ever aye. Laughing 
Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 15 Pictur10
wow u fast
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Going to be epic, I'm pretty sure my EB store said they only had 80 units pre ordered and not many fully payed as of then. Pretty tempted to go and pick up my accessories and games at 9pm and see what entertainment they have going on.

Nice work tastyy. gold Toast
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

wasnt going to midnight but i cant help myself lol gym is close by anyways so i can kill some time before i grab it .... maybe il see danno down there
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Im in line im number 9
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Mine will no doubt be delivered sometime tomorrow whilst I'm at work....

The courier will probably send me an email to tell me what I'm missing out on  too Evil or Very Mad 

I guess I get to add to add to Reapers ire - given that I haven't been around for a while....
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Danno up the front of the line being all I'm the king lol
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:03 am

Yeah so I got mine walking out the shopping centre handle snaps goes rolling! Gold... seems fine but that sort of thing makes you nervous so warning for every do not use the handle serious quality issues there!
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 am

Suncrossed..Dont mean to laugh but that reminds me of dreamcast launch day ( many years ago ) . Had it on my passenger seat on way home , hit the brakes too hard and sent it into the dashboard .... was DOA when i got it home .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:28 am

Lol all good mate. Intent was to have a laugh. She seems fine just waiting for F5 to install...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 am

Bet you were nervous switching it on ...im glad it works .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:52 am

My thumb hurts... Sad 

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:16 am

Big learning curve lol, shits all over F4 Very Happy 

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:35 am

Right.... Please answer the following peps!

Tyres! - Wear and options?
Fuel! - Infinite tanks again?
Damage! - Have they gone back to the F2 stile of pitting?
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:51 am

drifterstu wrote:Danno up the front of the line being all I'm the king lol
hehe....yep.....bloody long night though. I walked over to the pub and forgot I was wearing a crown..the looks on peoples faces king 

got mine just before midnight and was home by 10 past.

handed out a few flyers to people getting Forza.....didn't think you needed one stu
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next