OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

+34
o MANIC o
mystery
puttzNZ
Sly Dux
Paul
XYvSTUvYX
never enough
stikman
fisho1966
lakerslegend
Waffelz
sempeR
hillcrest
Sleuth 101
Tastyyx
RU four 86
GOWIE22
STONDKIWI
C RazyStingray
TEEROY 34
Goomf
OctarineDream
mad DANNO 29
surferofthemind
Dazza4610
MadRacer38
NoRecoil
JamieWhincup#1
SunCrossed
Dektra
Zabbey21
nat3885
NzLRyaNLzN
crimson eagle73
38 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 9 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by Dektra Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:08 am

drifterstu wrote:Less cars yes but look at the calibre of cars they have put in
Loving the GT cars they have included...Mad

Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 9 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by fisho1966 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:16 am

I can live with the cars but I am not impressed losing so many tracks.

fisho1966
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:22 am

Can't say it really bothers me, the new tracks are enough to freshen things up and there's more than enough cars to play with.

I think there's about 5 diff layouts for Yas Marina to so it'll be interesting to see if they're included.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 am

Dont forget dlc
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:45 am

DLC's may be bigger this time around
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by fisho1966 Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:55 am

has there been any info on the car classes? Does any one know if the F,E,D,C,B etc will be used? Most of those tracks seem too long for the lower class cars

fisho1966
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:48 pm

drifterstu wrote:DLC's may be bigger this time around
10 cars per DLC

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/10/29/60-dlc-cars-over-six-months-headed-to-forza-motorsport-5

And no word on classing method
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:34 pm

is there a complete in game track list out somewhere?
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:09 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:is there a complete in game track list out somewhere?
Nothing yet. I'm considering not even getting it...
Sure there are some cool cars but not enough to draw me in, thye have more SUV's than race cars... And that's saying something when they claim to be "The Flagship Racing Simulator" on Xbox
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:22 pm

thats like saying i dont like this seasons footy team before you even see it play.
Teams on paper perform very differently in game. How bout we all wait and see.

Everyone said Horizon was going to be awesome and it wasnt. the concept was good but was crap in actual playability (i did not get it but from what was said on this forum and in talking to you guys, along with the fact i NEVER see anyone playing Horizon, im gonna say im right)
anywhoooooooo
make you own mind up when you get to see it and play it.
I have a mate whos going to PS4 after being an Xbox gamer forever purely based on what he is reading, silly if you ask me.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Dektra wrote:
TEEROY 34 wrote:is there a complete in game track list out somewhere?
Nothing yet. I'm considering not even getting it...
Sure there are some cool cars but not enough to draw me in, thye have more SUV's than race cars... And that's saying something when they claim to be "The Flagship Racing Simulator" on Xbox
I won't even consider buying it until next year at least, and that depends on the DLC that is released for it as well. Can't justify dropping $800 just to get Forza
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Horizon was good... Never great but playable and fun for what it was.

FM5 looks bloody awesome. While the car list may seem light I am happy with most of the selection. I am no fan of the Hypercars but there seems to be a good mix of lower class machines and some unique racers to keep me going. The SUV's were really unnecessary and the lack of GT3's is a bit of a concern. But I can see plenty of series ideas with the mix they have given us.

The track selection so far is great. Yes more tracks are needed and hopefully more are confirmed as in the game on day one. The loss of Infinion and Suzuka is sad but hopefully they came back better (and hopefully Suzuka West will have its own pits). Nurburgring... We must wait but will it be accurate this time around? And will the GP circuit be included? Fingers crossed.

Everything is now paid off and I am just sorting out how I will go about doing the midnight launch with work starting at 3am and the need for sleep. First time I have ever done a midnight launch so this should be interesting.

Was it the same when FM2 came out? Did everyone freak out over the huge price tag attached to buying a 360 just to play FM2 or did they just do it for the love of the game? I am sure I paid around $500 for the 360, FM2 and Perfect Dark over a year after the 360's release. No complaints, money well spent and great times had. Looking forward to the next generation.

The PS4... Oh why the sudden backflip Sony? No media streaming, WTF? 50% of my 360's usage is streaming music and movies through to the TV and surround sound and the ONE will be the same. Our local EB has had a number of PS4 to ONE swaps over the last few days.

15 days to go! Don't forget all you Day One gamers, Saturday night online fun run! See you there.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:37 pm

When will turn 10 work out that new tracks will keep more people playing the just as much if not more than new cars?

In answer to Surfer, I waited to get the Xbox 360 untill just before FM2 was released, for the love of the game most definitely. Back then FM1 was the best racing game I had ever played, the online of it had me playing every day and night, something I still do now haha.  FM2 was an improvement over FM1 but we had lost some great tracks and cars, car clubs, leaderboard viewing in lobbies was a big one, where you could also download setups off the leaderboards as you went from track to track.

And we've been losing great content ever since with the release of every new forza which has really pissed me off. (so what if we gained some shitty other things along the way)

Probably because the game isn't what it used to be. It's not aimed at the hardcore racer anymore. Pfft f you t10

But until something better comes along!!!!
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm

I don't see how anyone can be satisfied with what has been announced for Forza 5, The car list is appalling, the track list is somewhat decent but they are removing 3 of the best tracks in the game, there is no weather or night cycle. As far as Forza is concerned, I think I am pretty much done. I'll wait until Project C.A.R.S in April
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Hanging for project cars.

The absolute number 1 reason I have been playing Forza for 7 years? The feel. Thank god they've hardly changed that.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 pm

i got fm2 with the 360 with the MS wheel bundled together, have no idea how much i payed nback then but it was a handsome sum and if i recall it was because the PS at the time was more expensive.
the original XBOX i had chipped as at that point i did not play online.

Im looking fwd to the next gen too, out of everything ive read, i still see a huge bias to the PS (or possibly this is where all the sooky rant nerds are aligned as that mostly what you read)
but i will go with what ive got a boat load of fun and friends from and thats xbox.

Im certain that whatever we get with FM5 will be more than sufficient for SIM RACING or just Racing.

The other bit not mentioned in anyone arguement is this place OZFM.
For me FM3-4 came into its own with OZFM. an unmeasurable factor that i place at the top of the tree.
I care not for tech specs but the friendships and fun i have when i play games (not just Forza, sighting Red dead redemption, Battlefield 3, Operation Flashpoint, GTA4 & GTA5) with you guys is f*cking fantastic and i wont be giving it up anytime soon.
I thoroughly enjoy our race series/events/comps that we have created within our little anzac community and hope this weighs in on some peoples decisions to go play PS4 with 12-16 year olds.
BIG UPS TO ALL OF YA'S
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah no doubt T

The community side online is what got me hooked and I pretty much take it for granted now.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Yup just ive not seen anyone say it so thought i would mention it as people start to really weigh up what they are going to go for with the new gen console and ultimately Forza 5 or not.

i still remember the great fun had in races I had with you & Tanj and the rest of the ploppers. long time ago now.
same with Octarine Dream, that spreadsheet we had so we could do each track in each class, whew...that was a while ago now.
Good times.

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Dektra wrote: I'll wait until Project C.A.R.S in April
Sorry to break the bad news mate, but Project Cars has put back the release date to the Q3 / Q4 2014, maybe by Xmas next year....

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:18 pm

RU four 86 wrote:
Dektra wrote: I'll wait until Project C.A.R.S in April
Sorry to break the bad news mate, but Project Cars has put back the release date to the Q3 / Q4 2014, maybe by Xmas next year....

RU
Guess it gives those who go the next gen console path time to get one, as there not releasing on 360 or ps3.

I think Teeroy hit it right and is what made my decision easy in the end. Personally I think there is heaps of cars and with the DLC to come even more, for me I will try not to have a massive garage like previous instalments and become overwhelmed with the amount of cars I had in the garage, actually a few garages to put them all in would of been nice.

So my Xbox1 a couple of games ect is all paid of Very Happy , will try and do my first ever midnight launch also, gotta thank the misses for getting a new phone so I grabbed her old iphone and traded it in at Eb which paid of what was left, win win situation I reckon..
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm all set with the Xbox1. Yes some of the things about Forza 5 are a bit of a let down. Not so much the lack of cars as I think there's enough there to start with to keep me happy. It's more the omission of a few tracks that became personel favourites but the trade off of some fresh new tracks to the series is a welcome positive. I'm more invested in getting it for the social reason as others have stated. Seeing as a majority of my xbox friends are getting the One it was a simple choice for me. I enjoy racing in the public lobbies with my mates and I've also come to thoroughly enjoy the series racing that take place here. Bit more serious at times but no less as fun. I look forward to more of the same and better when the One comes out.

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Didn't I hear that they were gonna put every track from Forza 3 & 4 as well as the extras? Or was I trippin? I know the Ring is DLC.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 am

I'm sure I read the same thing Paul, I reckon the tracks left out like Suzuka and Motegi will come back in time but maybe T10 need more time as well to get those tracks up to the standard they've now set with F5.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 am

stikman wrote:I'm sure I read the same thing Paul, I reckon the tracks left out like Suzuka and Motegi will come back in time but maybe T10 need more time as well to get those tracks up to the standard they've now set with F5.
It is hard to work out what is in or out with the tracks as they have only confirmed what we have listed and the 3 missing from day one (Nur, Suzuka and Infinion). Nothing mentioned about Motegi... Would be in their best interest to get it in from day one due to the ring section used for Indy Cars.

For the race night I picked Tsukuba, then with the announcement I was unsure if it was in but I do recall seeing a pic or vid that showed the covered hay bails around the track indicating that Tsukuba would be there.

Like you guys I read somewhere that all FM3 and FM4 tracks would be in. If this is the case then the missing 3 can wait till done right. There will either be more news to come or some big surprises on the 22nd.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 am

Some more info...
Talks about how the game opens up. Starting to get more excited about it now. 2 more weeks...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/metal-made-beautiful-my-hour-with-forza-motorsport-5/1100-6415923/
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 pm

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:53 am

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next