OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

+34
o MANIC o
mystery
puttzNZ
Sly Dux
Paul
XYvSTUvYX
never enough
stikman
fisho1966
lakerslegend
Waffelz
sempeR
hillcrest
Sleuth 101
Tastyyx
RU four 86
GOWIE22
STONDKIWI
C RazyStingray
TEEROY 34
Goomf
OctarineDream
mad DANNO 29
surferofthemind
Dazza4610
MadRacer38
NoRecoil
JamieWhincup#1
SunCrossed
Dektra
Zabbey21
nat3885
NzLRyaNLzN
crimson eagle73
38 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 14 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:11 am

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far. - Page 14 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 - What we know so far.

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 am

XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:12 am

Only watched the first race Stu...  looks interesting, may need to watch the rest when I get to work..  Razz

The one thing I have noticed and it is not related to FM5 at all.  But all these guys who upload game play videos all seem to drive the same... bash your way to the front / crash / bash your way to the front / repeat...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:24 am

Haha yeah "they all drive like a$$holes", got that from the review posted.

But thinking about it, if you do drive with so much crash and bash style and your drivatar starts doing the same, then your friends will see and may even indeed get a little annoyed, could be interesting and even lead to possible culling of such drivers from friends list if it constantly affected your racing maybe?

Although I'm sure we will all be guilty of some bad driving and mistakes at different stages but be interesting to see how drivatar sees yourself as a driver in game.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:27 am

Maybe we should add some stuff in the CoC for Drivatars...

Or more so, abusing Drivatars on the forum. lol

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 am

Hmm the wording be interesting.

Yes fair point. Embarassed
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:58 am

Love how a scrape on the wall (1:15) looses a mirror.  Nice!

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 am

I think that drivatar is going to be a massive pain in the arse, I hope it isn't but think about all those people who will intentionally bash their way to the front just to create an asshole of a drivatar. Or just the sheer amount of people who aren't really good at the game and stuff up constantly. Hopefully crashatar can be setup up to include favourite drivers and not just random picks.hammer 

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:41 am

Not completely sure, but thought I read somewhere that the drivatar is one of your friends. So I can see people being very selective of their friends now.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:21 pm

when I eventually get the XB1 and FM5, im gonna spend the first week driving on 2 wheels as much as possible to see if my drivatar does the same for you guys when im back in the land that time forgot and not able to race with ya's

If you are racing a series event (ozfm one) and I cant make it can my drivatar be dropped in to race for me? so I don't get a dns.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Maybe we could work out how to run a complete series only using drivatars, now that would be cool.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:30 pm

9 hours to go till I can stand in line for 4 hours
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:11 pm

STONDKIWI wrote:9 hours to go till I can stand in line for 4 hours
Stand in line for 4 hours? lolololol

I am going down at 11:30. Our EB said they plan on having all pre-orders out the door by 12:30 as the staff want to go play as well. With that in mind I am sure we will file through pretty quick.

CoC for Drivatars?
I can see where this can go... "Your bloody drivatar ruined my race. Always wins and bumps me off when I try to pass. Teach it to drive better."
Your Drivatar is still controlled by the AI but with your driving characteristics. The CoC currently covers racing with other "players" online not their imaginary friend you downloaded to race. Maybe some re-wording is in order?
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Just grabbed my console then. It's not that early but it's early none the less. Very Happy 
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Tastyyx wrote:Just grabbed my console then. It's not that early but it's early none the less. Very Happy 
Wtf. We will need details... Where is a copy of receipt? Then we can pick up ours.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 pm

Didn't get it in store. Got it posted from the EB website.
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Have you set it up yet tasty?

Just called my EB and he told me Microsoft are watching the servers and anyone that logs on before midnight may get their accounts locked out.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Yeah, might just sign out and play offline. Will that work?
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Tastyyx wrote:Yeah, might just sign out and play offline. Will that work?
Not sure...  He may be just speaking crap too.  I did here that some target customers have received their consoles early and have been locked out.

So, does this mean you are the first OZFM member to get their xbox one?  That should be a award I think...  Well done.  See you online after midnight when I get mine.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/microsoft-bans-early-xbox-one-users-2013-11

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Go set top times on all the tracks straight away, that way we dont have to hear how "fast" some people that just got the console and suddenly found ozfm again are. Thats usually how it goes with a new Forza release, until they get beat n disappear again, just go punish them from the word go so they dont get all "im awesome" and feel the need to crow about it here. Smile 

Oh yeah! The "ONE" has finally arrived!
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Tastyyx wrote:Yeah, might just sign out and play offline. Will that work?
you should be allright me thinks, I guy at work got a call at lunch from his missus, then he got sick and went home real quick
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Original Reapr wrote:Go set top times on all the tracks straight away, that way we dont have to hear how "fast" some people that just got the console and suddenly found ozfm again are. Thats usually how it goes with a new Forza release, until they get beat n disappear again, just go punish them from the word go so they dont get all "im awesome" and feel the need to crow about it here. Smile 

there will be fast times allready. I saw in the video dazz put up and seen voodooumu in there and he way fast
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 pm

And yeah 1st OZFMer from the looks of it congrats Tasty! Looks like a lucky few EB customers get their consoles extra early, Australia post FTW!
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Somewhere in the world it must be the 22nd... And I think XBox One is region free... Go for it tasty! Go hard son... Go hard.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Tastyyx Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Aus Post are awesome! I also want to keep my 'Mark Larkham Award' as well. Laughing 
Tastyyx
Tastyyx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:06 pm

STONDKIWI wrote:
Original Reapr wrote:Go set top times on all the tracks straight away, that way we dont have to hear how "fast" some people that just got the console and suddenly found ozfm again are. Thats usually how it goes with a new Forza release, until they get beat n disappear again, just go punish them from the word go so they dont get all "im awesome" and feel the need to crow about it here. Smile 

there will be fast times allready. I saw in the video dazz put up and seen voodooumu in there and he way fast
Yea bro understood, im talking about the guys that havent been around for ages then jump on OZFM after collecting their preorder, then proceed to tell everyone how awesome they are with their "top" times and how much everyone else is missing out etc blah blah blah, and then promptly disappear muttering excuses when everyone else gets their game and they realise they arent blitzing it as much as they thought they were. Go OZFM community. Also another small reason why I aint a fan of leaderboards, but rather actual racing. Smile 
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Panda-monium breaks loose

12.05am: Xbone dedicated servers crash with the deluge of once-off online mandatory logins.

12.35am: some servers are up, but crash again from the weight on continual attempts to log on

2.45am: All servers are still down as 100,000's users attempt to log on in the asia pacific region.

6.15am: Europe and America attempt to access the xbone servers, but the entire online infrastructure collapses from the millions world wide attempting to log on.

9:30am Microsoft release a press statement.
"Due to the unexpected attempts by all new xbone users to log onto the new state of the art dedicated servers, some problems have occurred and all activity has been postponed. Over the 72hr all world regions will be allocated time one at a time to allow the system to operate. During this time any and or all general gaming will be suspended, as per the Terms and Conditions of using our online services. America will be activated first, followed by Europe and the remained of the world, well can just wait. than you for your patience"

3 days later, Australia and New Zealand are activated and all initial attempts to log in are successful.

Another Day later, All general online gaming is accessed and things appear to be running smoothly.

A week away, Xbone Dedicated servers crash due to a Russian Hacking Group, and Microsoft again are forced to keep them down and publicly  inform all users that there privacy has been compromised.
"over the last 48hrs all operating xbone units has been sending complete video from inside everyone lounge room, via the new always on kinetic sensors. we regret the inconvenience caused to our users and are working around the clock to rectify the problem"

millions of personal videos pop up all over every social media outlet, inc Youtube, Facebook. Of everyday people going about the daily business in the privacy of there own home. The gaming public are outraged and 100's are attempting to return the Xbone.

Police are required to calm the growing unrest as gamers are demanding there money back from local game stores. A roit has broken out at one downtown EB game store as police are forced to arrest dozens of gamers young and old alike after smashing displays and windows.

Wake up sweetie you fell asleep, its 11 o'clock and your going to miss the midnight launch of that new toy…..

Phew it was only a bad dream….. or was it…..
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next