OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas For a New League

+25
Wilson
JOE
mad DANNO 29
NoRecoil
Don Stylz
Dazza4610
ausfez
Paul
RU four 86
stikman
XYvSTUvYX
Reaps
Stumbles
anon666
Sleuth 101
Lt HELI
Arckon
mcrow5
acerlyte
iWolf
TEEROY 34
xerocage
Ratel
OctarineDream
o MANIC o
29 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Empty Re: Ideas For a New League

Post by Stumbles Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am

Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Izysuf Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Izysuf Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Izysuf
That's why the camera comes in handy Ideas For a New League - Page 3 2r3gmyh

Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:17 pm

I had a good idea for the new multi class races this morning.

The OzFM Manufacturers Championship.

My idea for this is to get some of the better drivers to work with some of us noobies partly because many of us just dont get the opportunity to race with all the pro non assist drivers.
Depending on ability to actually get this working my idea was for a noob and a pro to team up using the same make and model car in each race. The Noob in A class and the Pro in C. There would be no adjustable aero or drive train swaps.

Rather than the winner being the driver with the highest points it would be the team with highest points so there would be emphasis on getting both cars sorted properly and hopefully getting to know each other better.

Teams would be decided be a qually round held 2 weeks before the main series starts and done in a nominated stock B class car.

As it is a team event liveries should be fairly similar.

If possible all rooms should be held at roughly the same time. This would enable teams to swap rooms a bit as all points would go into one big table rather than just by rooms.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm

Ratel wrote:I had a good idea for the new multi class races this morning.

The OzFM Manufacturers Championship.

My idea for this is to get some of the better drivers to work with some of us noobies partly because many of us just dont get the opportunity to race with all the pro non assist drivers.
Depending on ability to actually get this working my idea was for a noob and a pro to team up using the same make and model car in each race. The Noob in A class and the Pro in C. There would be no adjustable aero or drive train swaps.

Rather than the winner being the driver with the highest points it would be the team with highest points so there would be emphasis on getting both cars sorted properly and hopefully getting to know each other better.

Teams would be decided be a qually round held 2 weeks before the main series starts and done in a nominated stock B class car.

As it is a team event liveries should be fairly similar.

If possible all rooms should be held at roughly the same time. This would enable teams to swap rooms a bit as all points would go into one big table rather than just by rooms.

Ratel, great idea to try and get a series together with some of the newer players racing alongside guys who've been on OZFM a while longer.

A lot of the newer guys have done a few events and gotten to know each other and it'd be good to put together a series that mixes up the field with some players who race in the no-assists rooms.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:30 pm

Well if I can get a subforum for it I'll set it up.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:41 pm

AGREE 1000% with your idea of mixing old and new, good for everyone!
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Hmm, i like the idea of a multi class race but maybe something like Pro's in D class with newbies running C class. The times would be a bit closer or C vs B because PI wise there isn't that big of a gap between them.

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

I think Ratel suggested a few trial runs.

Maybe thats the best place to start.
Do some single race nights and get some of the no-assists drivers racing with the noobs with cars set up in different classes.

What do you think Ratel?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 pm

That sounds like a great idea. I'll start a thread in the noob class forum for it.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 pm

here are some ideas i have been writing down on yellow notes and sticking them to my toolbox....

V8 ute racing - either the salleen or dodge throw the v8 stock car motor in(same tune every player)

bog stock league - each meet choose a different car and race (forced standard mods)

the quickest packer - supercars only

the biggest loser - first week minimum weight is (pretty heavy) than as weeks go on the weight limit goes down

just a couple for now
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:17 am

How about a luxury car race?
Bentley SS or similar wound up to A class. Heavy as your partners mum and has a backhand to send you flying you down the straight:)
Could focus more on longer tracks coz those things aren't mean't for corners Surprised

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:50 am

Just another idea for the Admin's to consider slotting in somewhere in the future.

I know this won't be to all members tastes, however I am quietly confident we would fill 1 room.

Total Sim Event

For those who want a full sim racing event and are not overly worried (within reason) about having to make pitstops for damage. Many may be surprised how fun this could be if taken less seriously and event money will be used very differently to promote just having fun, while still rewarding the fast blokes.

• All cars are stock from the game, so no purchasing of cars or parts required.

• 5 Races F, D, B, S, R2 classes.

• 40 min enduro only for each class.

• 10 - 15 min qualifying session, set to fastest lap (may need to check this or alter slightly).

• Simulation setting used, NO restarts. (the reason this may not appeal to many of the members)
    Any race incident reviewed on replay soon after race, (as per https://ozfm.darkbb.com/race-events-f5/on-track-incident-rules-please-read-t34.htm) and a 5 championship point penalty for 1st incident, any other incidents in same race an additional 2 points for each incident. (This is here purely to promote careful racing at the start of the race. Penalty points only applied if clearly in the wrong). There will be a significant amount of prize pool used to help promote this (see Least Amount of Penalty Points in Series below).

1st 20
2nd 18
3rd 16
4th 14
5th 13
6th 12
7th 11
8th 10

Initially was going to suggest no entrance fee, to promote just fun, enjoy racing, with no prize money for 1st, 2nd etc may be less risk taking on overtaking. Then thought to use the event entrance fee in a way to promote fun, reward the fast, but de-emphasise the need to win.

$50 000 entry fee (8 competitors pool of $400 000)

Least Amount of Penalty Points in Series $200 000 (promote clean racing, it is an enduro, it
is not won in the first lap, but certainly lost)
F Class: Random Draw of all competing $ 25 000
D Class: Pole Position $ 30 000
B Class: Fastest Lap Time $ 35 000
S Class: Random Draw of all competing $ 25 000
R2 Class: Fastest Lap Time $ 35 000
All who participate in all 5 Races 2x $25 000 = $ 50 000 (Understand real life issues can cause missing a race or two, however there are plenty of other options above to win some of the prize pool).

F Class: 1985 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (LeMan's Bugatti)

D Class: 2010 Seat Leon Cupra R (Suzuka West)

B Class: 2009 Holden HSV w427 (Sedona Full)

S Class: 2007 Gallardo Super Leggera (Road America)

R2 Class: 1997 McLaren #41 Team McLaren F1 GTR (Silverstone Grand Prix)

Remember the above is simply another suggestion for the Admins to consider slotting in somewhere in the future. Showing your interest for the event will let the admins know if its worth implementing or not, but it may be a few months in the future before they can slot it in or if no interest shown from members then the whole idea will quickly fade away.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 am

arckon yeah thats good id surely get into either F D B class

i think slower cars are much more fun Smile
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 am

Arckon wrote:Just another idea for the Admin's to consider slotting in somewhere in the future.

I know this won't be to all members tastes, however I am quietly confident we would fill 1 room.

Total Sim Event

Remember the above is simply another suggestion for the Admins to consider slotting in somewhere in the future. Showing your interest for the event will let the admins know if its worth implementing or not, but it may be a few months in the future before they can slot it in or if no interest shown from members then the whole idea will quickly fade away.

Thxs Arckon,

some great work, and yes you would fill a room, no problem...

you have certainly spent a bit of time on it, and we do take notice of what everyone puts forth, it just sometimes we dont get the time we would like to follow things up the way we should.

Saying that the forum is an open one, meaning anyone can organise an event, we are happy to work with you, to get things going.

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 am

drifterstu wrote:arckon yeah thats good id surely get into either F D B class

i think slower cars are much more fun Smile

Laughing i'll take S and R2 Razz

*grumbles about slow cars
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 pm

I don't have a clue if it's been said already or not but a GT1 championship would be fun to race. MC12's, S7R's, C6.R's and DBR9's would make for some variety and intense racing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:32 am

+1 for GT1
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am

+2

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 pm

OK, OK!

We've got 3 guys ready to race GT1.

Lets have a bit of a fun run and do a casual night with them.
I'll join in if the night is right.

hcj, Heli, Stikman,
how about checking out the calendar, find a suitable night to race and post an event. Try to avoid the series race nights if you can.

Give us a car list, and some rules.
Maybe run the cars out of the box, so ppl can try before they buy if necessary.
Gimme a yell if you want a hand with event set up.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Will do Wink

OK... firstly, the cars...

* 2006 #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
* 2007 #4 Chevrolet Racing C6.R
* 2003 #17 Pagani Conrad America Zonda GR
* 2004 #3 Chevrolet Racing C5.R
* 2005 #11 Ferrari Larbre Competition 550 Maranello GTS

* 2001 #26 Saleen Konrad Motorsports S7R
* 2005 #35 Maserati Risi Competizione MC12

These last two need to be left out or handicapped. I havn't played with handicaps in settings yet so if anyone knows if we can handicap specific vehicles in lobby setup that would be good.

- All handling upgrades allowed, engine restrictors must remain on.

- No sprint races, GT cars don't do sprints, period.
- Race will consist of a 10/15 minute qualifying session based on lap times giving a grid order. Contacts set to always off, end condition set to timer, win condition set to fastest lap.
This will be followed by a rolling start for the main event which can be as long as participants are willing, 45min+ imo.... 24hours might be a bit extreme, how about a 2.4hour final round for eg.
- With the risk of contact much reduced using these settings, simulation damage could be an option cheers

Anyways, just some ideas. I don't know how to setup events so... yeah.

Basketball

Last edited by Lt HELI on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

Tomoz 9ish?

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm

stikman wrote:Tomoz 9ish?

RU four 86 is running a 22b event tomorrow night and then theres D class thursday and friday.
Weekends may not be so good.

What about early next week, you guys involved with the evo series?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Our evo series should wrap up tonight... i think Rolling Eyes
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Lt HELI wrote:Will do Wink

Nice start Heli,

I don't think trying to race this week would work out.
Give me a bit of time and I'll set up an event and we can work out a race date.

Haven't raced these cars, do you think it would work out fairly even on performance if we run the cars "no mods" for the trial event?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:39 pm

We still got a few races left in the evo no assists room, I do Friday D-class as well. Apart from that i can work around you guys Smile

Most of em have advantages in certain parts of the track. If you need any help running a few test laps let me know:) I got plenty of time atm with my uni schedule.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Some wiki-food for thought study

"All races in the FIA GT Championship were of endurance type, a full race distance lasting a minimum of 500 km or a maximum of three hours, with the exception of the Spa 24 Hours and the exhibition Mil Milhas Brasileiras, which is run over a thousand miles and was planned to be a round of the championship in 2007. However, with the release of the 2007 FIA GT Championship season schedule and rules, the FIA GT series becomes more of a sprint race event, with all races being a maximum of 2 hours with the exception of the Spa 24 Hours.

After the end of the 2004 season, the FIA renamed the classes GT1 and GT2, and somewhat liberalized the GT1 regulations, allowing "supercars". While this was made to accommodate the Saleen S7, the biggest beneficiary was the purpose-built Maserati MC12, which lead the FIA to impose aerodynamic limitations on the Italian car. However, thanks to a weight penalty system, the fight for the championship is protected from more domineering cars. The level of competition remains tight, with gentlemen drivers managing to fight for the wins with professional drivers, some of them with Formula One experience."

Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Fia_gt1_512

Crying or Very sad i wanna GT1 GTR!!

Ideas For a New League - Page 3 2010-fia-gt1-cars-007_100199171_l

Ideas For a New League - Page 3 Nissan-gtr-fia-gt1-side

I'm more than happy to help/organise the event. I will do some testing with the cars when i can.

edit* more?

Official GT1 Regulations...

Sporting Regulations and Weekend Format

Each of the ten events held in 2010 will feature two 60-minute races, one Qualifying and one Championship race. Qualifying will take place over three periods, with the eight slowest cars dropping out after the first and second periods, leaving the final eight battle it out for pole position. The qualifying race will determine the grid for the championship race on the final day. There will be a mandatory pit stop for tyre and driver change in each race, and success ballast will be added to the top four cars at the end of the weekend. Points will be awarded to the top 3 in the qualifying race and the top 8 in the championship race.
Weekend Format

The events are generally run over 3 days, with altered schedules for some of the overseas races and the 24 Hours of Spa.
Free practice and Pre-qualifying 2 x 80’ Friday
Qualifying sessions

1 x 20’ followed by 7’ break

1 x15’ followed by 8’ break

1 x 10’
Saturday
Qualifying Race 1 x 60’ Saturday
Championship Race 1 x 60’ Sunday

The starting grid for the Championship race will be determined according to the results of the Qualifying race.
Qualifying

There is one 60-minute qualifying practice session, divided into 3 periods with a break between each one and the next.
This session will take place as follows:

Q1. All cars driven by the first driver will be permitted on the track and at the end of this 20-minute period the eight slowest cars will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session. The lap times set by the sixteen remaining cars will then be deleted.

Q2. After a 7-minute break the sixteen remaining cars driven by the second driver will be permitted on the track and at the end of this 15-minute period, the eight slowest cars will be prohibited from taking any further part in the session.

The lap times set by the eight remaining cars will then be deleted.

Q3. After an 8-minute break the eight remaining cars driven by the first driver will be permitted on the track for the final 10-minute qualifying session.
Success Ballast

Success ballast will be allocated to drivers and cars according to the following scale for each Championship Race only:

* 1st + 40 kg
* 2nd + 30 kg
* 3rd + 20 kg
* 4th + 10 kg
* 5th 0 kg
* 6th - 10 kg
* 7th - 20 kg
* 8th - 30 kg
* 9th - 40 kg
* -40kg until the last car taking part

The maximum success ballast that can be attributed is 100 kg.

An additional 50 kg will be added to reach a total weight of 150 kg if a car or its driver(s), already ballasted with the maximum handicap of 100 kg, wins an Event. If the car or driver(s) penalised as above does not win the next Event, the additional 50 kg penalty will be cancelled for the following Event.
Mandatory Pit Stops

A mandatory pit stop for changing drivers and all four tyres is to be carried out during each of the two races, between the 25th and 35th minutes.
Points for all titles are awarded at each Event according to the following scale:
Qualifying Race:

* 1st: 3 points
* 2nd: 2 points
* 3rd: 1 point

Championship Race:

* 1st: 10 points
* 2nd: 8 points
* 3rd: 6 points
* 4th: 5 points
* 5th: 4 points
* 6th: 3 points
* 7th: 2 points
* 8th: 1 point
------------------------------------

So i guess they do 60 minute sprint races Rolling Eyes
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

I like the event idea, Just can't get my head around by not allowing all upgrade's to that specific class OR just making then Stock for this serie's...

My reason... Is the time to tune these car's,,, You still have tuning available in stock car's(or do you maybe some but limited), Meaning you would be competative in any future GT1 stock race's beng public or private lobby's,

OR you go the whole hogg and allow full upgrade's to that specified class which again would mean you would be competative in allowable upgrade's in GT1 lobby's or specified class in the future.

Just my thought's and will more than likely sign up for it regardless of any restriction's but will wait and take a look at track selection, the rule's, car's that are available, lap length's time's and any and all finer point's for serie's before doing so...

Been biten once but not twice by not waiting to see ALL the serie's rule's. (And sure it won't happen in this event but will still wait for all the detail's first)
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Yeah, I like these cars too, watched some of last years series on the box.

Far as I'm concerned the idea and the credit for this event belongs to heli, stikman and hcj. I'm just helping out.

Getting some feedback from sleuth as well, which is good.

I suggested stock build for a first race night so that other guys who haven't done any GT1 racing might get involved, but don't have to spend time on mods and tuning. What regs we might use for later races would be decided by the organisers and interested players.

Reckon for a first run we could try a few short races to get a feel for the cars. Then jump up to something slightly longer. Still nothing like the real series races.

First thing to do is have some fun and while we're at it we can see who else is interested in racing GT1 and might want to get into a series.
If thats the way you want to go with it.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next