OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 4

+41
Scotland
Harry Highpants
Whittie260
never enough
acerlyte
Rinkly
XYvSTUvYX
CDS MINI SPOOL
The Double D
Sly Dux
nospig
xPPRTxAGROV8x
Arckon
original skin
sempeR
Envy The Best
Waffelz
ted
xPPRTxPACMANx
surferofthemind
stikman
crimson eagle73
RU four 86
Mitch
Don Stylz
NoRecoil
Mike0707
Wilson
mad DANNO 29
OctarineDream
Reaps
puttzNZ
ausfez
gud 0l stoner
mcrow5
FrankTank
Paul
iWolf
JamieWhincup#1
TEEROY 34
Dazza4610
45 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 - Page 16 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 4

Post by mad DANNO 29 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:09 pm

just got to have another crack today.....wow......really loving this game....the cars seem to handle a lot better, even when I'm sideways Razz

....rivals mode is great.....but can be very frustrating when you are a milli second off the pace.

...and looks like I'll be getting into a fair bit of drifting......seems to be a lot more stable than FM3

mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 pm

sillybilly77 wrote:I guess you need to use manual clutch for that?

I haven't been using the clutch, is it worth practising and playing that way?

In FM3 even if you weren't using the clutch you could give the accelerator a little blip as you changed down gear and it would rev match better than letting the game do it for you. I used to do it before I learnt to use the clutch. I haven't got FM4 yet so I'm only speculating that it would still work, give it a try Smile

I would recommend learning to use the clutch (even if it's just a button on your wheel) as you're able to change gears much faster and it can easily be worth 0.5s/lap in the lower classes.

okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:32 pm

agreed Okrad.

Don i know why your a motorboat expert my friend! haha
and your only wasting valuable time playing upstairs if ya know what im saying! haha gimp
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:12 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:agreed Okrad.

Don i know why your a motorboat expert my friend! haha
and your only wasting valuable time playing upstairs if ya know what im saying! haha gimp
i disagree mr t

motorboating ftw Smile

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:34 pm

okrad wrote:
sillybilly77 wrote:I guess you need to use manual clutch for that?

I haven't been using the clutch, is it worth practising and playing that way?

In FM3 even if you weren't using the clutch you could give the accelerator a little blip as you changed down gear and it would rev match better than letting the game do it for you. I used to do it before I learnt to use the clutch. I haven't got FM4 yet so I'm only speculating that it would still work, give it a try Smile

I would recommend learning to use the clutch (even if it's just a button on your wheel) as you're able to change gears much faster and it can easily be worth 0.5s/lap in the lower classes.
Yeah, I noticed this too. Especially in the V8's and any other touring car. I've never been that good with the clutch though. I use a controller and have absolutely no feel for it. The same can't be said when I have a wheel and pedals though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Looks like there are some new power cars.

It hasnt been long, so Im guessing new power cars will come and go.

But from what I have seen there a lot of new changes, bimmers can have awd drive train for example. Some have had PI major adjustments (major in some cases) - case in point some of the Audis.

I have seen some impressive results come from the Lotus Exige, the BMW E30 M3 (with AWD and E93 M3 engine + mods), Lancia 037, and the Ford Sierra Cosworth...

I will post more reviews as they come to hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:12 am

i finally got my copy!!!! played it pretty much all last night and got up to driver lever 12 lol
it is so much different, the tyres act in a completely different way, it looks and sounds amazing and it's just awesome!! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 am

nuts wrote:i finally got my copy!!!! played it pretty much all last night and got up to driver lever 12 lol
it is so much different, the tyres act in a completely different way, it looks and sounds amazing and it's just awesome!! haha

Well done, if you want to rank up quickly then jump in some online racing. For me, I am liking the World Tour now I have worked out how these AI are playing they are proving quite a challenge, to me anyway.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:24 am

they go up a notch or 7 when you get to race class, the little mongrels haha, ive had to turn rewind on .....sad i know
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by xPPRTxPACMANx Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am

lol. AI are ruthless this time around. Im liking the Drag racing but i want the traction back they had the 1st day i got the game. oh well at least we got the leaderboards reset.
xPPRTxPACMANx
xPPRTxPACMANx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:29 pm

haha yeah i noticed as i was leveling up, they start to be alot more agressive, but i do find it fun, i'll have to have a shot at online soon, i've only really modded up my little 22b which i was a bit dissapointed with the 3.6L engine not been able to be swapped over into it, that engine in fm3 made that car!
i've done up a r32 though, and holy s*** it goes like the clappers and sounds mean as!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16