OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 4

+41
Scotland
Harry Highpants
Whittie260
never enough
acerlyte
Rinkly
XYvSTUvYX
CDS MINI SPOOL
The Double D
Sly Dux
nospig
xPPRTxAGROV8x
Arckon
original skin
sempeR
Envy The Best
Waffelz
ted
xPPRTxPACMANx
surferofthemind
stikman
crimson eagle73
RU four 86
Mitch
Don Stylz
NoRecoil
Mike0707
Wilson
mad DANNO 29
OctarineDream
Reaps
puttzNZ
ausfez
gud 0l stoner
mcrow5
FrankTank
Paul
iWolf
JamieWhincup#1
TEEROY 34
Dazza4610
45 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 4 - Page 15 Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 4

Post by Scotland Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 am

The AI are as dumb as dishwater!. It hasnt improved up to level 10....grrrr. They drive like old nannas in to the corners, its really quite annoying! Its the only criticism i have tho, the game rox...apart from the nannas.

Scotland
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:13 am

can somebody help with a query?? Can i join more than 1 car club? or once i do does that mean im locked down for life?.. Not sure if this has been asked but as FM4 just came out i was wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 am

reedy65 wrote:can somebody help with a query?? Can i join more than 1 car club? or once i do does that mean im locked down for life?.. Not sure if this has been asked but as FM4 just came out i was wondering
g'day mate, throw us an intro post in the new members area. Be good to hear what you're into, forza that is.

As for you questions, only 1 club at a time and you can resign your current club and join another.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:05 am

iWolf wrote:@mcrow5,

I think AI difficulty is set by the game, depending on how good you are.
Also they're get better as you do as well.
Please someone, tell me if I'm wrong.

OK, I think I can help you out here. Very Happy In World Tour mode you can't change the AIs difficulty, however they seem to get a little more harder to beat and get around as you progress. But if you want to change them all you have to do is go into Events List and you go to difficulty, where you change your assists and you can. The levels are easy, medium, hard and professional.

On another note there is an easy way to earn lot of credits and gain quick level ups, but I won't spoil it for everyone. If you would really like to know how to do it PM me here or on XBLive and I will gladly show you. This isn't cheating its just bending the rules a little bit, it was in Forza 3 so T10 obviously know about it. Cool

Cheers Paul
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 am

Rivals mode is good way of making quick cash to if you don't want to grind through season play

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

Paul wrote:

On another note there is an easy way to earn lot of credits and gain quick level ups, but I won't spoil it for everyone. If you would really like to know how to do it PM me here or on XBLive and I will gladly show you. This isn't cheating its just bending the rules a little bit, it was in Forza 3 so T10 obviously know about it. Cool

Cheers Paul

Think i may know what your talking about, im sitting on level 28 with $5m at the moment Razz i feel a shopping spree ahead Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 am

If your after a harder AI, try using a higher car class in career mode, they seem to get more harder in the higher classes, not to mention hold a grudge so expect a bit of panel rubbing.

On another note last night couldn save any tunes or SF ones, kept saying corrupt save file, this happened after the update that came through....Was an easy fix and had to go into dashboard, memory, FM4 and delete the corrupted save file, walla fixed and no loss of anything else...
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 pm

I have kinect turned on in game, but I keep getting the voice command menu coming up when I'm in party chat at the same time.

I have voice commands turned OFF at XBL preferences.

Haven't found anything inside FM4 that lets me turn it off.
Anyone found something on this?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:10 pm

At work, trying to finish off my September reports. I am waiting on some stuff from head office, so I just sent my boss an email...

Hey,
Still waiting on the Car logbooks and Support hours from the guys on the coast, if they dont show up in the next 30 mins I am going home to play Forza 4.

Have a great weekend,

Darren.

Got to love Friday's

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sillybilly77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

haha nice one.

I am only a little way in and was thinking it seems like a bit more lift of oversteer in this game. It just seems a bit savage...

Then the penny drops when I switch into the prized boss mustang for a trot around laguna seca... so far i had been doing some races in cars like the toyota aygo and punto evo before switching to the '89 MR2 SC !

even the citroen DS3 is much more composed and less likely to want to spin around when you back off and turn in than the other.

sillybilly77
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:23 pm

I have also found that these cars respond much nicer if you rev match on the down shifts.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sillybilly77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 pm

I guess you need to use manual clutch for that?

I haven't been using the clutch, is it worth practising and playing that way?

sillybilly77
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:47 pm

sillybilly77 wrote:I guess you need to use manual clutch for that?

That would be a question for someone that is a much better driver than I, I cheat a bit and use the Fanatec with CSP so I can ride the release of the clutch a bit.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 pm

mcrow5 wrote:anyone know how to change the AI difficulty? its pissing me off in races they go way to slow around the corners.

also i suck with the wheel lol, 2 seconds slower than the times i can get using a controller Razz i still cant get my braking right, either to early and not hard enough, or to late and not hard enough. eh, just gotta practise i guess.

Mcrow.. man be happy you are only 2secs behind your controler times. im like 4 - 6 seconds behind.. but after a while u will get the hang of it.. Have to agree the braking takes a bit to get used to .. im in the sameboat..

Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:07 pm

Silly.. i have always been a right foot accelerator and left foot braker.. never really used the manual clutch .. after having a bit of a go with manual cutch a few times.. i find it a more realistic way of driving.. i have lost time on my laps doing it this way .. but i think with time and practice im sure the times will match my controler times..

with a little bit of practice , patience and persistace im sure u will get the hang of it in no time Wink

if u got a clutch pedal use it .. u payed for it Wink
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:15 pm

had some wicked racing last night fellas, cheers for the mass 12 people insanity tours, haha how wicked is thaose big lobbies.
we need to work out some talking requirements though, haha 8 people chatting during the race gets in the way of calling your passing moves!

Mcrow drive faster and get past the nanna's so you dont have to worry bout them.
Cheer Reapr for the Cherokee! wicked fun! haha
Also Demon for the V8 in the car club, awesome!
we ran the v8 on the OZFM spec and wow they make a massive diff from stock, however im suggesting we run full noise on these right from the get go, they're a little more forgiving and i want ot run them FULL PI!!! PLEASE!!!

Anyway great stuff fellas, loving the car club too!

HEY UNITS - don and Mcrow stop driving boats then, we dont have a Unit Racng boats ya dorks!!
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:43 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:HEY UNITS - don and Mcrow stop driving boats then, we dont have a Unit Racng boats ya dorks!!

your a funny man!!!

i gotta get some tunes going to, last night i was running stock tunes, with a couple of upgrades. not the best idea if you wanna go fast haha!
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:we ran the v8 on the OZFM spec and wow they make a massive diff from stock, however im suggesting we run full noise on these right from the get go, they're a little more forgiving and i want ot run them FULL PI!!! PLEASE!!!

Yep I am thinking V8 Series VI will be open PI.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sillybilly77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm not "cheating" with any fanatec with CSP lol - I only have the old MS wireless wheel, so no clutch pedal, maybe I should have clarified the question was to use a button for clutching. Doesn't quite seem right to me - do people use button for clutch and enjoy it?

I have shift on PS3 and use a G25 with clutch and manual. I have to drive manual with clutch in that game to feel in control of the car - however it's not fast, but I find it a "fun" immersive game but it doesn't really reward the refining race lines and smooth driving fun you get in GT or Forza.

I am pretty much converted to right-foot braking all the time even in forza with the 2 pedal setup. The exception might be F1 2011 when I get around to it, because those type of cars you would drive left foot breaking eh!

sillybilly77
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Easy answer - HELL YES!

If your useing a controller go into controls and "switch Hand break and clutch"
This will make A the clutch and LB Hand break. But you can just mash "A and X" or "A and B" to change gear.

And Mr T - you can up the tyre sizes on the V8's this time, honestly it would be better if we run them stock - more power and 16 players is a silly idea Rolling Eyes
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by sillybilly77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 pm

The FM3 gift rx7 for the preorder promo thing that transfers over is pretty damn nice. sounds good too.

I also just ran a few races i the 09 focus that must have been a game transfer bonus. hiss hiss hiss, screeeeech screeeech woosh hiss hiss hiss screeeech hahah it's pretty awesome and there is some understeer!

sillybilly77
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Im waiting for my content to down load!!!! Sad Got everything set up - even the tech came to site and figured out that theres a short on the telstra tail...which has been causing me grief and a mass amount of drop outs. ** SIGH **

Has anyone seen any dominant cars?

Back to top Go down

Post by Whittie260 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm

I haven't seen anything dominant, but driving A600 cars feels like driving rental go-karts if you ask me! The traction is super shit and the cars move around a LOT.

Casper,. best thing ever for tuning, get a car from any manufacturer to level 4 (5-6 race wins) and ALL tuning parts for ALL cars from that manufacturer are free!!!

So, you only need cash in this game to buy the cars up front, all tuning parts are free. Imagine the awesome tunes that are going to come out, infinite choice without having to grind for cash!

Whittie260
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:42 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote: HEY UNITS - don and Mcrow stop driving boats then, we dont have a Unit Racng boats ya dorks!!

Teeroy.. man nothing wrong with boats.. especially motorboats Very Happy Wink looks like me and mcrow will have to motor boat the pit girls whilst u drive cars around the track Wink hahahahha

now who is gona be the dork lol
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:02 pm

I noticed theres been a few changes - the Audi R8 5.2, its now S class!!?? And the S5 is now a class...crazy...

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:09 pm

just got to have another crack today.....wow......really loving this game....the cars seem to handle a lot better, even when I'm sideways Razz

....rivals mode is great.....but can be very frustrating when you are a milli second off the pace.

...and looks like I'll be getting into a fair bit of drifting......seems to be a lot more stable than FM3
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 pm

In FM3 even if you weren't using the clutch you could give the accelerator a little blip as you changed down gear and it would rev match better than letting the game do it for you. I used to do it before I learnt to use the clutch. I haven't got FM4 yet so I'm only speculating that it would still work, give it a try Smile

I would recommend learning to use the clutch (even if it's just a button on your wheel) as you're able to change gears much faster and it can easily be worth 0.5s/lap in the lower classes.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next