OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller Settings Advanced

3 posters

Go down

Controller Settings Advanced Empty Controller Settings Advanced

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm

It was asked awhile back what your controller settings in advanced adjustable options are?

Now before I start may I say that the below writings is my findings and my opinion only, and I'm sure some will disagree but best way to know is try it for yourself and then form your own, It may be better it may be worse for you but it would be interesting to see the results.

Firstly my controller setting, Braking Line only.

Default Layout 1, Switch Handbrake Clutch, ON

Advanced Adjustable Options
(Abbreviated for easier use)
SADI 6
SADO 97
AADI 6
AADO 95
DADI 6
DADO 96
CADI 0
CADO 100
HADI 0
HADO 100
VS 100

Ok so my settings above are in order as you see them in screen.

What I have found...

Is that adjusting these settings can help and do make a difference to certain cars in game from positive to negative effects and vice versa.

The main settings that I found to affect the vehicles are the decell deadzone outside(DADO) VS the Accell deadzone inside (AADO) what I feel tends to happen here is that by raising the DADO above the AADO is that it locks the diff more going into corners and helps reduce braking time and locks the diff more under accell coming out of the corners giving a better acceleration at times, the Porches in the carerra cup are a good example of this and adjusting the DADO above the AADO by 1-2 numbers(in my settings) helps quite a bit with the turn in and oversteer almost giving you a feeling of more traction on entry and exit of corners.
What also I have found is that different cars can require different setting(DADO) than the above to yield the best out of it.

For example the Merc was eual Accel inside and decell outside, the V8's maybe try 1-2 above like the porsche's.

If you think about Deadzones inside and outside it basically changes the rate of travel required on your controller, ie the SADI is how much you have to move the thumbstick before there are any affects in game and the SADO is how far you have to move the thumbstick before any affects finishes. I have found adjusting these two settings helps with steering and its input that you need to do in game(adjust to your preferances).

Okay so there is alot more that could be written about deazones inside and outside, but I think that it will come down to personal preferances and hopefully the above can help some if you choose to try it.

It would be intersting to see what others find with Advanced controller setting.

Till then see ya's on the track Toast

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Controller Settings Advanced Empty Re: Controller Settings Advanced

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Would be useful if shifted to the Uni Section. Otherwise it'
ll just get buried.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by C RazyStingray Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:33 pm

My understanding is that it doesn't do anything to the cars, the diff, or the the tuning etc. It just adjusts how sensitive the triggers, sticks are to input - which can be helpful if u have a dodgy controller/triggers.
I have only changed the accel inside because i have a controller with deep triggers and leaving at the default if i squeeze the trigger gently to feather the throttle it doesn't even register the throttle input til i have squeezed it about half a cm in.

As u said its down to user preference but really just to help those who may have a shoddy controller/trigger finger... Very Happy
C RazyStingray
C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Have tried the above approach before writting my findings with several controllers(3) to see if there was a possible variance but it was still the same when the DADO was above AADO and sure controller slop in triggers and thumbstick will change the deadzones both inside and outside to maximise the feel of the car it still didn change that the cars felt like diff lock was being applied when the DADO was above the AADO.

Can a MOD or Admin put this thread in OZFM uni please.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down