OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite: Dangerous

3 posters

Go down

Elite: Dangerous Empty Elite: Dangerous

Post by crimson eagle73 Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 pm

http://elite.frontier.co.uk/

A wasted many hours on the original of this game on the Amiga 500. Is anyone here a backer of the project?

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Elite: Dangerous Empty Re: Elite: Dangerous

Post by SunCrossed Tue May 20, 2014 7:51 pm

yep me =) And Star Citizen, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Carmageddon and pCars, just in case anyone wanted to know about them too =)
I'm sure there is others... Oh Assetto Corsa and Next Car game on Steam... Knew there were more...

It is looking pretty awesome at the moment. Good be a great game I'm really looking forward to that one.

Last edited by SunCrossed on Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional games...)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Where do you get the time to play all these lol

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm

lol I don't Grim Dawn, Star Citizen and Elite I won't play till fully complete. Path of Exile, Carma and all the racing games I dabble with to see where they are at how they are going...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 am

I'll fly with ya on elite when it's out. Thinking of hooking up the buttkicker and buying a nice joystick too. Two ships are better than one. Maybe we can start our own australian space tribe lol.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Wed May 21, 2014 11:45 am

yep I think that's a great. I have an old Saitek Cyborg flight stick but I think it needs replacing... Definitely a case for starting an OZFM space Tribe =)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 am

So Elite Dangerous got released today, I've been playing the Gamma version for the last 2 weeks and can honestly say if you liked Elite or Privateer or any of the old Space sims, or Eve Online then this is a game to have a look at. 400 billion Solar systems is no doubt intimidating this thing is HUGE, but exploration and understanding how things work help. Pro tip Make sure you fully understand how scanners work they are your best friend for earning credits...

I've been playing solo for the last 2 weeks but the great thing about that is that all carries over to open world or even I believe a friends group. So that means depending on your mood you can go for a solo cruise around, or jump in with just friends or go and kill real humans who will in all likelihood be pirates for as we all know people love being evil in games...

I've been playing with a mouse and keyboard and have found that to be just fine, I have not as yet felt the desire to upgrade to the Saitek X55...

The Gamma version did not have everything in it so I will post more later today after playing today. Starting off is slow, small vulnerable ship little cash... But if you go exploring you can earn decent credits but selling solar system information to Cartographies or small cargo runs or trading or going for the smaller bounties first. Or mining...

Couple of interesting things to note:
1. Both Elite and Star Citizen were crowd funded at the same time 2 years ago. While Elite was released 9 months its estimate, Star Citizen won't be released till sometime 2016, and I'm putting that in the maybe pile. (I blame people still throwing money at them and their stupid continuing milestones. Who needs frigging pets in space?!) So plenty of time for Elite to continue to grow.

2.In this day of massive installs 20-40GB, Elite weighs in a light weight 3.5GB! and crammed with 400 Billion Solar systems and it's damn pretty!

3.The economy and politics is dynamic and affected by player interactions in all modes of play. One player has already started an uprising in one solar system.

Anyway that's it for the moment, just thought I'd share that, I'll have something else to share today just waiting for it to arrive.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:51 pm

I have an x52 pro and I love it with elite dangerous. I've been trading and taking missions to get enough for a cobra, I use for trading, and a fully decked out eagle for fights. Ship reminds me so much like a miniature Klingon bird of prey. Next step is something for exploring, maybe an adder. My goal is to get that good at combat with the eagle that I can beat much larger ships easily. Then I do some exploring.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:54 pm

If anyone is interested, it's coming to the xbone.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by hillcrest Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:10 am

This is available now as part of the new game preview thing Xbox are doing. It's $40 and is supposed to have the same content as PC. Am downloading now to check it out. There is also a free trial option
hillcrest
hillcrest
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down