OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM5 - OZFM GT86 Cup - General Discussion

+16
MadRacer38
XYvSTUvYX
Dektra
Sly Dux
Dazza4610
NoRecoil
sempeR
wylie27
TEEROY 34
Sleuth 101
Tastyyx
mystery
JamieWhincup#1
stikman
nat3885
STONDKIWI
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FM5 - OZFM GT86 Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: FM5 - OZFM GT86 Cup - General Discussion

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:28 pm

Race brakes would be nice... Just saying...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

FM5 - OZFM GT86 Cup - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: FM5 - OZFM GT86 Cup - General Discussion

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:42 am

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:
stikman wrote:Is this really the build you guys are going for?! Seems a bit average IMO for a tues night series. Looks like more of a casual event.. Any chance of aero or suspension upgrades n some more power?

The whole idea of this series is focused towards how well you can drive the car and not how well you can tune the car.

Exactly.

There will be plenty of other series that will allow you to tune.

NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 pm

NoRecoil wrote:
JamieWhincup#1 wrote:
stikman wrote:Is this really the build you guys are going for?! Seems a bit average IMO for a tues night series. Looks like more of a casual event.. Any chance of aero or suspension upgrades n some more power?

The whole idea of this series is focused towards how well you can drive the car and not how well you can tune the car.

Exactly.

Fine concept, but ........ Could someone care explaining to everyone the reasons behind the decision to add an adjustable differential then, seems at odds with the reason mentioned above to keep the cars about the driving not tuning etc... Im happy to explain how I saw the decision come about, but Id rather that the people that made the decision be upfront about why they did.....
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Original Reapr wrote:
NoRecoil wrote:
JamieWhincup#1 wrote:

Exactly.

Fine concept, but ........ Could someone care explaining to everyone the reasons behind the decision to add an adjustable differential then, seems at odds with the reason mentioned above to keep the cars about the driving not tuning etc... Im happy to explain how I saw the decision come about, but Id rather that the people that made the decision be upfront about why they did.....

Ask Dektra. The build I had Tastyy do didn't have one.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah I was a bit miffed when we went for 1 run with the stock diff and then suddenly (hmmmm i will let them explain why) a bunch of people were decided that we should use adjustable diffs, I figured the whole appeal of a 1 make untunable car series was just driving the thing not adjusting diff settings to get a bit better handling etc than the next guy. If we are going that way then everything should be adjustable. If not, then nothing should.

This series is supposed to be an ongoing baseline reference for everyone on OZFM, all about OZFM members looking to get a direct comparison against themself and fellow members and to improve their driving, not their tuning. Thats what we've been told, so I reckon thats how it should be. Just my 5 cents, I will still race them eitherways.

Last edited by Original Reapr on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Reason I've done I it is because it makes no difference to pi or other stats. Sho there is no way to determine whether it is in or not
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:42 pm

stupid forza, I forgot that... still, couldnt we just all sign a gentlemans agreement....bah whatever i give up.

aaaaahhhhhhh, & everyone that struggled so badly on the stock diff breathes a sigh of relief  Wink
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:21 pm

The diff wasn't just for those testing in the first place, it was to make the car easier/simpler to drive for everyone.

Simply, if a number of the normal quicker guys are struggling with the car challenging ends then what hope does a new player have?

Also, the unpredictability of the standard diff made it very difficult to judge (or even attempt) a passing move - not what we were going for.

As for the continued "tasty and clarkos build" references they are not even relevant, the video clarkson posted was put up after the car was chosen to be used, i for one had no idea that there was even a real series using the GT86 and i had began discussing the series with a number of guys on here prior to it being posted.

The car was chosen in party chat after a longish discussion, originally it was going to be the newer MX5 or a V6 Mugane. The GT86 was picked because it was a new car to the Forza Title that everyone could use.

Lastly, I picked the build out in the first place - not dektra, both him and surfer are helping with the majority of forum side of the setup as i cant guarantee the time to get it all up and sorted in future. We're working on it together as a group for the forum.

If you want to offer to help out, offer to help out.
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Original Reapr wrote:stupid forza, I forgot that... still, couldnt we just all sign a gentlemans agreement....bah whatever i give up.

aaaaahhhhhhh, & everyone that struggled so badly on the stock diff breathes a sigh of relief  Wink

Problem is we will have a while heap off New people who might not be accustomed to the way OZFM operates
NoRecoil wrote:ham... etcetera

+1
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Can we get the build written up please on here, cant seem to find it, tho hope it's got some power and the tracks selected being majority smaller tracks are not a reflection on the car and its build.

Also how about putting recommended Diff settings up if using adjustable diff also I think this would be a great idea in the future with all one make/car series with any tuning and a recommended tuning settings posted by the organisers, this will help keep the parity which if I understand your trying to achieve here, then we all have a starting point and can adjust the little things needed to suit us and our driving style.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:13 pm

SG1 RAZOR wrote:Can we get the build written up please on here, cant seem to find it, tho hope it's got some power and the tracks selected being majority smaller tracks are not a reflection on the car and its build.

Also how about putting recommended Diff settings up if using adjustable diff also I think this would be a great idea in the future with all one make/car series with any tuning and a recommended tuning settings posted by the organisers, this will help keep the parity which if I understand your trying to achieve here, then we all have a starting point and can adjust the little things needed to suit us and our driving style.
Good point, will keep it it mind
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:36 pm

SG1 RAZOR wrote:Can we get the build written up please on here, cant seem to find it, tho hope it's got some power and the tracks selected being majority smaller tracks are not a reflection on the car and its build.

https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t4191-fm5-ozfm-gt86-cup-vehicle-specifications
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm

Dektra wrote:

thought that was locked to public eyes dektra, i know before new folders needed to be opened by an admin in this section
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 pm

NoRecoil wrote:
As for the continued "tasty and clarkos build" references they are not even relevant, the video clarkson posted was put up after the car was chosen to be used, i for one had no idea that there was even a real series using the GT86 and i had began discussing the series with a number of guys on here prior to it being posted.

The car was chosen in party chat after a longish discussion, originally it was going to be the newer MX5 or a V6 Mugane. The GT86 was picked because it was a new car to the Forza Title that everyone could use.

I posted a link to the series website only a few hours after you started this thread asking for suggestions.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Dektra wrote:

Thanks will build up soon and take it for a run, also cool way for builds to be shown, and possibly recommended base tunes for series in the future as well.

Been looking at a capture device for XB1 and thinking of the AVerMedia C285 Game Capture HD II, hopefully soon to record some race series and some tunes ect.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks dek

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:53 am

Lobby ayout has changed. going to be
3 laps Q
Followed by a 60/60 layout
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Dektra, why you no start dates?

i cant find it in the info
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:49 pm

NoRecoil wrote:Dektra, why you no start dates?

i cant find it in the info

https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t4211-gt86-cup-season-1-round-1-yas-marina-north-14-1-14

And in the scrolling banner...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Yo dektra i am sorry but I will be resigning from this series. It seems my boss doesn't like me at the moment and he feels the need to place me on night shift for an undefined allotment of time  Crying or Very sad 

This means I will be unavailable for at least the first two weeks of the series possibly more. Sorry mate hope everyone enjoys the racing
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm keen for this, but won't make the first round.
I'll message ya on XBL recoil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:14 am

Revelation. GP3's Stu put together are so much more fun, easier to drive and faster. I vote we should make them the perpetual series
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:42 pm

We'll run the 86's for the six weeks. But w will also have unofficial runs in stu's IndyCars after.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Just run the 86s, leave the gp3 cars for a different season
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by MadRacer38 Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Can people still sign up?
MadRacer38
MadRacer38
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Yes they can.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Dektra wrote:Yes they can.

Heads up I just checked & the "signups" topic is still locked to mods only
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next