OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas For a New League

+25
Wilson
JOE
mad DANNO 29
NoRecoil
Don Stylz
Dazza4610
ausfez
Paul
RU four 86
stikman
XYvSTUvYX
Reaps
Stumbles
anon666
Sleuth 101
Lt HELI
Arckon
mcrow5
acerlyte
iWolf
TEEROY 34
xerocage
Ratel
OctarineDream
o MANIC o
29 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ideas For a New League - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas For a New League

Post by mcrow5 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 am

i tried that fujimi challenge. didnt get past the second corner LOL. 17kw!!!

mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by xerocage Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:47 am

Is it possible to make it up?
That would be the hard part, i bet coming down only takes stuff all time.

xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:28 am

xerocage wrote:Is it possible to make it up?

i dunno, theres a heap of tire dragging understeer though. so much in fact, i had to lift off the throttle to even get round the first corner.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 am

Thread Jackers!!!!!!!

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:00 pm

I like the idea of the EVO competition. That gets my vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

A Datsun 510 Series!!! (j/k)

Actually I would love to see a classic car series. Maybe up to D class. Stock except for comp brakes, suspension and anti-roll bars.

No performance modifications or any other mods.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:09 pm

[quote="mcrow5"]
xerocage wrote:An idea for an enduro one time, somthing i found on fm.net

"FM3 Rock Climbing Challange!"
Rules:
1.Volkswagen Rabbit F100 Stock
2.Race Track must be Fujimi Kaido 1 Lap FULL Circut
3.Horsepower: -75%
4.Front and Rear Tire Handicaps: -75%
5.No Assistance from any other cars.

in the thread here the best time is like 1 hour 10 minutes... lol

i havent actually tryed it out to see how slow u actually go but im am going to do so soon.

Gawd, i'm bored just thinking about it!

I like the idea of an EVO league, perhaps EVO's Vs WRX's, maybe NSX Vs SKYLINE. I think some vehicle restrictions are needed.

I havn't read anything much about GT1/2/3 cars... these would be awesome to run/tune for a league championship.

And what about all those GT cup porsches.... Porsche GT cup anyone? Twisted Evil

Perhaps some higher class races, R2/R1/X... i think the higher power index brackets are quite under represented here.

drunken
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:14 pm

True dat but we all need to enjoy life at some stage too haha!

R1 is def in the works, youre right we havent looked at them but we are moving into anohter round of series this month.
The V8's are R3, thats pretty close. LOL
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Armunn wrote:A Datsun 510 Series!!! (j/k)

Actually I would love to see a classic car series. Maybe up to D class. Stock except for comp brakes, suspension and anti-roll bars.

After playing around last night I thought of a few more ideas to flesh out this series idea.
It would be a Trans-Atlantic muscle car series with the following restrictions:
  • E-Class Maximum
  • Car has to be older than 1975
  • No performance modifications. The only parts allowed to be upgraded are; suspension, brakes, tyres, wheels, anti-roll bars. This would allow for a small amount of tuning for each race
  • Car needs to be RWD, and made in the US or the UK
  • No wild paint schemes or massive sponsor decals. A simple car number template & driver's name. The OZFM logo would be in the number plate area and on the front guards. Period style paint jobs only

I was toying with the idea of deducting points for damage or having a separate points tally for it. I don't know how to police it apart from an honour system and to be honest sometimes damage is the fault of lag, and it would be mean to penalise someone for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am

Another idea:
R2 or R3 super-speedway tin-top series
* Car must be a 4 door (or approximation thereof) sedan
* Two short sprints then a long enduro with 2 compulsory pitstops
* Cars must be NA only but no limit on capacity or engine type

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am

What about a Flash Event serie's,

ie, No other serie's running on that day, A Flash event to keep racer's interested during the "off day's"

Maybe a thread designated to this so anyone could see, nominate, and race that evening.

Car class to be decided that day and any other restriction's, ie RWD, AWD FWD, Sprint races could run 5-6 laps over 3 track's nominated car to be used for all 3 track's, Enduro races could be run with qualifying like what was suggested under V8 enduro Qualifying,

Could be interesting and keep interest between normal run serie's, Oviously for the die hard fans or very commited people to FM3, Or for those who have nothing better to do that evening,

Maybe run a Flash Event twice a week, No-one to know what class and track's untill day of race.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm

I'd like a flash event with your pit crew Sleuth.

I like the idea though. It may be good to mix it up with some different stuff, like an S class RWD on sidewinder, or stock utes on speedway circuits (maybe not that actually).

I'm not on as much as most, but I enjoy live racing the most(even if I'm getting flogged), so if I get invited into a room, I will always stop what I'm doing and jump in. Maybe you could nominate a host each week who picks a night, opens a room and first in best dressed.

Anyway, back to that pit crew.......
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Down the track but not to far in the distance future, I would like to run/help setup a GT3 RSR serie's, Using the #45 Porsche Lizard,

It's a car that is won in game during your career and there are plenty on the AH cheap as, Hopefully we can use the paint as the buy in for the serie's,
The paint scheme would be the same used on all cars with each car/driver having there individual race number put on it???

note paint is in the works, well talked about so far,

The tuning side of thing's may be left open as everyone has there individual setup's but I will be doing a tune or two for this car regardless that will be available to those who don't have the time or dont want to tune there own.

Probably more Enduro type setup racing with qualifying being the go.

Note this car is R3 and does well in the R3 class "punching well above it's weight"(a quote of another member)

Thought's Suggestion's welcome.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:22 pm

great idea sleuth, maybe add in the BMW R3 car as well? as im pretty sure thats a car thats rewarded to you as well.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:26 pm

The prize M3 is rubbish. No dash Sad

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Armunn wrote:
Armunn wrote:A Datsun 510 Series!!! (j/k)

After playing around last night I thought of a few more ideas to flesh out this series idea.
It would be a Trans-Atlantic muscle car series with the following restrictions:
  • E-Class Maximum
  • Car has to be older than 1975
  • No performance modifications. The only parts allowed to be upgraded are; suspension, brakes, tyres, wheels, anti-roll bars. This would allow for a small amount of tuning for each race
  • Car needs to be RWD, and made in the US or the UK
  • No wild paint schemes or massive sponsor decals. A simple car number template & driver's name. The OZFM logo would be in the number plate area and on the front guards. Period style paint jobs only

I was toying with the idea of deducting points for damage or having a separate points tally for it. I don't know how to police it apart from an honour system and to be honest sometimes damage is the fault of lag, and it would be mean to penalise someone for that.

If there are enough people interested I would love to help get a series like this off the ground. I was thinking of ideas for the race formats as well. I would love the series to be as varied as possible, so include things like drag races, point-to-point, oval races etc. Maybe something like this:
1 - 2 short form races
The short form would be 15 minutes max in time. This could include drag races, short sprints, point to point racing, single laps of the larger courses (nurburgring etc). These would count to points and also determine grid order for the long form

1 long race
Again have a variety of races, such as ovals, long enduros on the larger courses etc.

By having such a diverse race series it would really highlight differences in peoples tunes etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Road Rally Event (cause there's no dirt!). I was thinking 4 rounds. Fujimi and Positano tracks, one round forward, one round reverse on each.

Cars: Peugot 207 or any rally car. Some testing might be required but i'm sure we could find some way to level the field by including WRX's, EVO's, Focus', maybe old-school with the Ford RS.
Basically rally cars, though it may be more competitive to restrict the field to the same type of vehicle.

Running the event: Just like a rally event run with each round in stages.
For eg. Round 1 Fujimi curcuit forwards with full lobby. Each SECTION (P2P A, B etc.) of the curcuit will be run consecutively giving smaller "stages" to each round. Around a 20-30 second roll-off for each car with the winner set to lap times just like a rally event.

Points could be awarded per-stage via lobby points system or times could be recorded for a "proper" rally experience with the lowest time overall getting the round win.

I think it has potential for some exciting racing as a mistake in one stage could cost you positions in the round overall.

Sounds like a time trial? Well not really, this still needs a fullish lobby and mistakes will be costly as it is based on overall time/points, not just the section you are currently on.

*edit: i think simulation damage would be appropriate for this type of race format.
**edit: Sidewinder has sections too doesn't it? Pehaps that would be a worthy addition.

Cheers, HELI What a Face
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Sounds sweet Heli. Great idea.
Can I be Sebastian Loeb??? Ideas For a New League - Page 2 2qtg2zn

I'd definately be going in this, not that I'm any good at Fujimi, but the challenge sounds cool.
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Yeah that sounds awesome Heli, maybe we could do something tricky like lower front & rear grip in the lobby to 50% to simulate driving on gravel too?

Hell yeah, mad powerslides & Handbrakies!!!
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Sounds cool. Won't you have the same issues as the Touge series has had for rolling starts on a point to point race. ie FM3 starts everyone's time when the first car goes, so everyone else effectively gets a penalty.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:52 am

Tested that P2P thing OD and all i can say is ^$(() you Turn 10 you can suck my *(&%(*%%$ with some *&%$( then you can &*(^$ on my *(^%(....Evil or Very Mad
Ahh, that feels betterer. Neutral

Well, looks like Turn 10 f'd up big time on that one.

The best alternative i think will be to have the races a-la-dirt2 style. Everyone rolls off at the same time, contacts are always off, simple as that. The cars will be solid but they turn to ghosts within a certain proximity to other cars.
Basically just like a rally stage except you know exactly where you are in the field during the stage and not after...

Only other real alternative is to physically record times, which is not that big a deal if we want to do a "proper" rally. Not too hard to scribble down some numbers Wink

Thanx for the support, looks like this might be a goer? That low grip idea sounds like it has some serious potential Reaper Smile anyone who tests this out let us know how it feels. I'll probably give it a test run tonight.

Cheers, HELI What a Face
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, I have no idea why they included a roll-off delay, but then stuffed up the time keeping for it. Very annoying and pretty pointless. I might have a look around the forums and see if anyone else is bitching about it, as it would be a pretty fix for them to do in the next roll-out.
The Ghost method would work (though I hate racing with ghosts as if there are a couple of them superimposed it becomes hard/distracting to see through them).
We could do the roll-off delay and scribble down times and then subtract our starting position from it - if that's what you mean. But there isn't a lot of time at the end of the race to write all the times down (barely enough to get positions I've found).

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 am

Writing down times is out then i guess.

After running alot of hot laps with ghosts, i find you get used to it fairly quickly.
It is different, but shouldn't really effect your times with a little practice racing them.

What a Face
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am

If the guy that rolls off first saves the replay (for future video's etc, and puts on the storefront for anyone to get if they want), then even the last guy to roll off will have about 10-15 seconds to write down his lap time??
Another way, is have someone with a camera take a photo of the final screen, it works... sort of...lol

Ideas For a New League - Page 2 2nk2alh

Good point about getting T10 to fix it with the next update roll-out, should be easy enough to do for them.
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:36 am

Everyone who competes writing down their own finsihing time sounds like it might work Twisted Evil i did a 0:22'01 i swear Laughing
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am

Ideas For a New League - Page 2 Izysuf Ideas For a New League - Page 2 Izysuf Ideas For a New League - Page 2 Izysuf
That's why the camera comes in handy Ideas For a New League - Page 2 2r3gmyh
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratel Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:17 pm

I had a good idea for the new multi class races this morning.

The OzFM Manufacturers Championship.

My idea for this is to get some of the better drivers to work with some of us noobies partly because many of us just dont get the opportunity to race with all the pro non assist drivers.
Depending on ability to actually get this working my idea was for a noob and a pro to team up using the same make and model car in each race. The Noob in A class and the Pro in C. There would be no adjustable aero or drive train swaps.

Rather than the winner being the driver with the highest points it would be the team with highest points so there would be emphasis on getting both cars sorted properly and hopefully getting to know each other better.

Teams would be decided be a qually round held 2 weeks before the main series starts and done in a nominated stock B class car.

As it is a team event liveries should be fairly similar.

If possible all rooms should be held at roughly the same time. This would enable teams to swap rooms a bit as all points would go into one big table rather than just by rooms.

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next