OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gran Turismo 5

+21
Whittie260
stikman
Dazza4610
wylie27
puttzNZ
Reaps
OctarineDream
Scotland
Sleuth 101
Stumbles
mad DANNO 29
Arckon
NoRecoil
RU four 86
Paul
Rinkly
iWolf
TEEROY 34
mcrow5
anon666
XYvSTUvYX
25 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Gran Turismo 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by XYvSTUvYX Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:12 pm

yeah i know what you mean mcrow bit of a letdown aye nothing compared to forza's unlimited amount of things to do and its easy user interface, im not selling just because me and a couple mates like to have comps on the wheel to see who is the quickest and we each bring a prize under $20, pretty much only reason im not selling for more parts for the lex lol

XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 pm

im putting the money towards something else, i have no idea what that is though haha! probably a new phone or something, or a new lens Very Happy

or a fully shick subdoofer for my car.

mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:16 am

new lens im looking at getting a good camera to do better movies give me something to do on the w/e go to the track
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:17 am

Yep same here, i'm almost sick of giving it a chance to shine, bought killzone2 to see if could compare to GOW as well but it fails bigtime..
Forza smashes it in every respect & it's a pretty expensive Blue-ray player.. It's better at streaming music but that's the only advantage i've found so far imo.. To sell or not to sell, that is the question... Question

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:41 am

Hahaha PS3 is an inferior console. I loved my PS2 and the playstation. However there is nothing that the console does that the xbox can't do. besides bluerays.

and well Blueray players are only a 200..

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 am

5 years in development, 5 hours played. and thats it, at max 5 hours. its so Frig&^% annoying, everything about it. bring on forza 4!

i am gonna keep my gaystation though, uncharted 3 looks sweet, and the first two have been epic so its looking good.

the ps3 does have an internet browser, which is good for watching certain videos when im going to bed WOOT
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:26 pm

sounds to me like you guys should have taken note when i had the sence to
get a refund on my $300 useless black box. Youth of today never listen to
your elders.Pity that Ah well. confused
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Whittie260 Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:55 pm

I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a PS3 with GT5 for a few weeks while a mate was on holidays. WOW, am I glad I didn't drop $1000 on a ps3 and g27 for this game.

I think I played it for about 10 hours and I've now packed up the ps3 with absolutely no intention of playing again. The game is unnecessarily light on cash to the point that I had to determine what events to do so that I could get cash to buy a car for other events, but the cash for events is so low it had to be a car that could do 2-3 events. No having fun modding the hell out of fiesta's and putting v8's and 4wd drivetrains in them, it was all purely focused around the most efficient way to purchase what was required. And THAT is whatt killed the game for me.

The physics was much better than forza 3, but the overall game was unfinished and lacking. And B-spec? WTF who wants to WATCH a shitty AI driver, I want to be racing, not watching! In fact the last event I entered was a b-spec race cause I needed cash and didn't want to rerun past events. I dropped him in a 600hp camaro and he couldn't out pace, in a straight line, a g35 skyline. That's 600hp and 1200kg vs 300hp and 1700kg and he still lost, talk about a joke!

Whittie260
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Good to see so much debate about GT5 and the PS3, pity not much is positive. Might play a bit of devil's advocate. I got a PS3 12mths or so after launch, so back then it was the cheapest blu-ray player you could buy. Prior to that I had the original xbox, and compared to that the PS3 was a revelation. Obviously I now have the 360, but I still prefer the UI of the PS3 - personal preference.

I like the fact that I could swap the HDD out for a bigger one. Then I could add play TV and I had a PVR. I had and still have trouble streaming media on the xbox, whereas the PS3 has never missed a beat. I love that there is now an iview and channel 7 link built in to catch up on some telly whenever I want. And the games generally look better on the PS3.

Now for GT5. I'm enjoying the hell out of single player, much more than I ever did with Forza. I gave up on Forza single player about 2 months after buying it, and not because it was too hard, just too boring and there was limited reward.

Speaking of reward, the fans wanted more credits and to limit the mindless grinding on GT5 (hands up anyone who hasn't used hire driver or raced in easy events to clock up credits in Forza...). So they introduced a boost to the credits for normal events (albeit for a limited time) and also seasonal events. These few changes took my bank from 500k to over 5M in a few days.

And for me, GT5 works great with the wheel. It is a real challenge to beat the different events and I have found myself punching the air harder than Lletyn Hewitt a few times after getting gold.

I agree it's not perfect, and it will never compete with Forza when it comes to painting (which I suck at) and modding cars (although sometimes Forza goes a little too far). Credits are easier to come by, even without the new events, you can collect 90k for 5 min's of racing in certain events. B-spec is not for me, and I would like a more Forza-like online set-up (and UI for that matter), but I can forgive all that for the single player.

I can't see me giving up FNRR in a hurry, but the more time I am putting into GT5 the more I'm getting out of it. I hope not everyone gives up on it, because if not for OZFM I would have given up on Forza this time last year. I hated the grind of single player and the public lobbies were terrible, but you guys made Forza my most played game ever. I want to start doing more online GT5 racing, and I would like that to be with you guys not the usual knobs you run into (or run into you) in the public lobbies.

Anyway, that's my two cents. You can keep the change!
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Don't worry anon not all of us have given up on GT5 I for one haven't as I have also not given up on Forza, just giving it a well earned rest be back on in the new year.
Yes there will be some more races scheduled in 2011. Stay posted on www.ozgt.forumotion.com Anyone else who has GT5 and hasn't joined have a look at this site might make you GT life a lot more interesting.
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:08 pm

the one thing that killed it for me was the Lamborghini LP560. even at stock, it understeers so badly it ruins the car. i then went and watched the stig do a hot lap around the top gear track, no sign of understeer at all. so i went around the top gear track, manual with clutch all assists off, and it understeered no matter how slow or fast i went.

i might give it another chance, but for some strange reason, im still struggling to get my ps3 connected to the internet again, and the AI ruins single player.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:11 pm

Well Anon I made a comment to Whacked just last night that at first I was unsure about GT5 but of late now that I am further into the game and really getting into the much faster cars I am really enjoying it. I will definately be staying with it.

I did a 100 lap race yesterday with my son and the pitting is so much better, we went with a you decide your pit strategy. He started with medium race tyres, I started with hard race tyres, I obviously lasted longer than him before my first pit due to tyres, he had a 2 - 3 second advantage because of the stickier tyres. My first pit I reselected hard race tyres again and dropped the fuel that was going to be put in from 62 litres to 35 litres, he went with full load of fuel and mediums again. Second pitstop I went to medium tyres and the last 12 laps of the race due to differing pit strategies was very close. Brilliant.

As far as building an online community for it like OZFM here that really does just take time, I think many would be interested in the early beginnings and length of birth it took for OZFM to have become the powerhouse it is today.

Yes, I am very much looking forward to Forza 4 and will always remain a part of this great community.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:39 pm

so ive found a way to enjoy GT5, either get a car thats way to fast and whoop the AI, or get a car thats slightly slower, and work really hard to get up the front. im actually enjoying the game now. except photo mode takes too long, just like real life haha!
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah it helps learning how to actually drive a car, not a bar of soap like forza, anyone that goes back to forza after GT5 and thinks the physics etc. are better is a moron obviously very astute, end of story..

Admin comment:
this post has been editted to save the author any further embarrassment from their ill considered comments

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Bit harsh! :/

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by wylie27 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Fs wrote:Yeah it helps learning how to actually drive a car, not a bar of soap like forza, anyone that goes back to forza after GT5 and thinks the physics etc. are better is a moron, end of story..

Wow a new person calling most people on this forum a moron.. I predict a short future for u. Smile

wylie27
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 pm

Admin, I would like to put forward a suggestion. Make F(o)s go away. He appears once in a blue moon makes an asinine, irrelvant, inflammatory comment. Disappears back up his own ar5e. Then "poof", he's back again dropping another flame in another topic.

Read this and other rubbish he's posted and make your own mind up, but I have bout's of jock itch that I have found less annoying than the above oxygen theif.

Night all!
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 am

I agree with you anon I'm sure FS stands for something other than flat shift =f#%k stick enough said. Good Night
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 am

Fs wrote:Yeah it helps learning how to actually drive a car, not a bar of soap like forza, anyone that goes back to forza after GT5 and thinks the physics etc. are better is a moron, end of story..

Admin hat on!

Fs we all come to this forum to share our enjoyment of FM3. We also provide forum space for our members to share their enjoyment of other games, such as GT5.

Your repeated negative comments about our game and members in various threads on your rare visits to this forum are not appreciated.

I'm not prepared to tolerate derogatory and baseless comments in relation to our members or game any longer.

The member known as Fs is now banned from OZFM. Gran Turismo 5 - Page 6 792473

To our concerned members, thanks for your comments.
Now lets return this thread to the original purpose, thanks.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:10 am

So much anger fellas sheesh!

...so weve banned the best Forza player ever! such a shame too

Wolfy, you're out of control hahaha

Anon
asinine...great word cant say we've used that one before.
& good luck with your jock itch

Last edited by TEEROY 34 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 am

TEEROY 34 wrote:Wolfy, you're out of control hahaha

Yeah, I know Gran Turismo 5 - Page 6 519333
Gran Turismo 5 - Page 6 466453
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 pm

All this made me smile, Pity I missed the bit before it got edited, Surely I would of been in full laughter by then...

I have been struggling with finding the motivation to play GT5, It is from my point not a bad game but significantly different from Forza, But thats to be expected as its on a totally different console, So comparing the 2 games is well hard.

For example Forza 3 is arguably the best racing game on Xbox, While GT5 would be the best once again arguably racing game on PS3, Both games are totally different and unique to there consoles.

For me its what you prefer to use as a console to what is better or not, Sure there is alot of different things going on in both games but at the end of the day I generally buy most of my games for the Xbox, My reason for mainly Xbox games is the Community thats involved with Xbox, The Chat features, OZFM and its members, to name a few, Sadly my PS3 is really only used as Blu ray or DVD's,

So even if I got involved with GT5 a bit more imo it will become obselite or less used for some once Forza 4 gets here this year. Which is the area that I'm struggling with, Hence the reason not much motivation for the game.

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Sleuth 101 wrote:All this made me smile, Pity I missed the bit before it got edited, Surely I would of been in full laughter by then...

Yeah, some interesting comments in reply from a couple of our regular members.
The good news is you haven't missed anything mate.
The only edit was to Fs' original post, being the strikeout through one word and the addition of the words in bold. Plus of course the comment in red to bring attention to the fact that changes were made. All there to see.

Unfortunately Fs' whole approach to FM3 hasn't added anything to this forum or the game. So he's better off being out of it and so are we. Wink
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm

I disagree.

I believe he is the first Aussie to be permanently banned from OZFM!
so he has contributed !

All via the hand of the Wolf i might add hahahahahahaha
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:I disagree.

I believe he is the first Aussie to be permanently banned from OZFM!
so he has contributed !

All via the hand of the Wolf i might add hahahahahahaha

Sadly he didn't even manage that Mr T.
We had one other who had a very brief membership, about 12 hours I think it was.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:51 pm

i suppose you banned him too ya big nasty!

Look at you go, im banned from banning and your here going all awol and sh*t Bloody hell, im removing my ban ban.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:41 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:i suppose you banned him too ya big nasty!

I did too, bad bad bad Twisted Evil
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next