OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting issues

3 posters

Go down

Painting issues Empty Painting issues

Post by Ratel Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:43 pm

I was just wondering is anyone had some of the same issues painting as I've had.

First, a lot of the layers seem to have a thin black edge around them. I was using a solid circle to cover up where a bit of another layer went to far on the Audi R8 V10. Both the circle and the paint were a light peach colour, exactly the same shade actually. It's only just noticeable out of the painting booth, but in the add layers section is it quite obvious.

Also, are the community layers blocky around the edges to anyone else? I'm not sure if it's my TV or if they were just drawn badly in game. I'm running 720p atm, and unless I make the layers really small it is quite pixelated. I don't remember this being the case in FM3. Some of the old layers are the same.

Also, for those who want to paint the E30 M3 the centreline on the roof is off again, although it seems to be the same along the whole length of the car this time, not at a weird angle like FM3 (I think it was about 6.3 degrees)

Ratel
Race Steward

Back to top Go down

Painting issues Empty Re: Painting issues

Post by surferofthemind Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Welcome back Ratel.

The same ol' paint issues still haunt the livery editor. Most likely because of the vinyl transfer. All the original vinyls are there (because of the transfer) and I do like some of the new shapes while some are just a waste. Can't complain too much as I don't have to make everything from scratch again.

The new community vinyls look fine on my screen (full HD) but some of the ones with fine lines don't look as good as they should (like the very first one). The other shapes look fine and some are getting some use.

And they also brought back one glitch from FM2 !! If you stick a white vinyl on a white car you will get a thin line around the vinyl. Easy fix, cover the whole car in a single vinyl first and no more line.

A handful of cars have some sort of glitch. Vinyls don't line up, unpaintable areas, stretching and warping, etc. Some of the newer cars for FM4 are a little better than past cars. Like vinyls wrapping around the front fenders to the hood so no need to mask, etc. And have you tried painting the Forza wing on the hatchbacks? A little tricky but you can add vinyls to the end plates on some cars (check the civic photo on my SF).

One of the biggest positives is that you can see the back of the cars in the editor. No more painting in the dark back there.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:23 pm

I have notice the thin dark edges.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content