OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Controller Vs Wheel (tuning)

2 posters

Go down

Controller Vs Wheel (tuning) Empty Controller Vs Wheel (tuning)

Post by xerocage Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 pm

After posting my setup for the munro last night, i got me thinking about how the tune would feel for the wheel users.

I'll try explain what i mean, with my busted controller i feel that it limits the drivablity of certain tunes

When i turn-in (if i have the racing line) i will be full-lock left or right(100% or 0%), the wheel users have the ability to smoothly apply any ammount of steering force (0% to 100%).

Because of this, i tune my cars to be slightly under-steery with power over-steer so i can roll through to the apex and power out without to much correction or any at all on the steering.

I know this is standard practice while racing for most drivers but i cant help but think that if you use a wheel, tunes that work very well for me might not be so great for you guys.

I havnt used a wheel for a racing game other than daytona USA in the arcades, which is no where near a sim like forza. So i have no idea of how different it feels or whats capable with different tuning options on a wheel.

Im guessing that if both drivers were using the exact same build/tune/car the wheel user should have the advantage.

But factor in a tune that was made by a controller user, i would think that the conroller user would have and advantage.
And on the same page, a tune made by wheel user should be more suited to another wheel user.

Now the question, Do you guys think its possible for tunes to work better with a wheel than it would controller? or vice-versa?

A specific example would be my supercar series tune, if any wheel users have a go at it could you notice much difference between your own? in terms of turn-in ability etc.

sorry for the wall-o-rambling. lol.
xerocage
xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Controller Vs Wheel (tuning) Empty Re: Controller Vs Wheel (tuning)

Post by RU four 86 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Ok, Ill give it a go, Im a wheelie user, I would think their is a lot of other factors as well ie, assists ect.
I got manic tune, one of mine, any yours, so I give them all a run on Mugello and try and report back
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:52 am

My un-educated report on controller tunes V wheel Tunes, on mugello

I found Xero's controller tune very hard to turn in and maintain a good corner speed, using a wheel, Understeer, and had to constantly adjust my drive/exit line out of the corners,
I am not sure what manic's tune is set up with, but also had difficulty in the corners with Oversteer.
I jumped back into my Cobra R, vodafone (gearbox tune) I used in round 2, and loved the it, 2 sec quicker, 1:54's, funny thing is it run only sports tyres, with full race weight reduction.
conclusion, Im not a good driver, seriously, practice makes perfect and everyone driving style is different, some tunes work and some dont..

I have both manic and Xero's tunes set up on dummy cars if anyone else want to do some laps in them, let me know and Ill pass them on. If thats ok with U guys
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by xerocage Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:56 am

i would think a gearbox tune would be more universal that one of mine, those guys are wizards in the whole tuning game.
Im happy for anyone to use it, if it brings the field closer so we have better racing im all for it.
xerocage
xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down