OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa

+4
anon666
iWolf
xerocage
stikman
8 posters

Go down

Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa Empty Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa

Post by stikman Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Have any of you had any trouble fitting parts to any of your cars?

For some reason I when I select the supercharger to go on the Alfa V6 engine it says it's fitted but the spanner just stays on the standard part & won't upgrade for some reason..
Have tried resetting all parts then starting over but still no joy..

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa Empty Re: Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa

Post by xerocage Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:16 pm

very strange, i havnt come across anything like this.
Maybe buy another car of the same type and try it again.

Which alfa is it your trying to do this to?
xerocage
xerocage
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa Empty Re: Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa

Post by iWolf Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Haven't heard about this problem either stikman.

Maybe if you've got some other forced induction fitted, you need to remove that first?
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Alfa GTA
Engine upgraded to Brera V6 (then supercharger fails)
Might try buy another one.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm

So you bought and installed the V6 then bought the supercharger for that engine. But it doesn't actually get installed? that is weird.

Conspiracy theory: its a scam set up by T10 to try and bankrupt anyone trying to build an AWD winner other than an Audi.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by anon666 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Having the same problem with my Audi TT. Install the r8 engine, go to install the turbo's, I say yes, then when I get back to the normal screen the turbo's are owned but not installed. I have downloaded a tune that has the twin turbo's on the r8 engine that I can load up, but I can't do it myself. Sorry I've got no solution, but you're not alone.
anon666
anon666
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

I've had the same problem with my '05 WRX. Tried to fit the Supercharger, makes the noise that it's fitted, but the spanner stays on stock.

I went and bought another car, and tried again, and it worked... But you have to pay for the parts again too Having trouble fitting parts to my Alfa Izysuf

It's a bug, nothing else you can do about it unfortunately.
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt HELI Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Are you sure it isn't a good thing?

ie; parts are installed, gives extra power with no weight gain or PI increase.

I have an S class Mazda B09 (normally R1 car) i've had it happen too Smile

...just the other day i re-installed my stock wheels on my charger and it dropped my PI by 47points... that's 47 instead of the 3 or so it should have dropped Shocked

What a Face
Lt HELI
Lt HELI
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks for the replies, will have to stick with the tune i bought. Can't be stuffed buying new parts all ova again.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Ok, Normally this will happen if you have bought a SF tune that had the supercharger/turbo's as part of the tune on it,,,

So when you uninstall the locked tune you can't copy the exact tune that was locked...

More so to stop cheat's from buying a SF tune pulling it down and then re building and calling it there own, Unfortunatley it catches the innocent out from time to time.

Soloution, The only way to get around this to Install the bought tune again with supercharger/turbo's and go with that OR you have to buy a new untouched car and start over again and install your own part's this then will allow you to install the supercharger/turbo's.

Kinda Sux if it's an exspensive car but should be ok with the Alfa.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumbles Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Ahh, makes sense Sleuth.
I had a storefront tune with the supercharger on it. Wanted to make one of my own to adjust to my preferences.
Oh well, I have 2 WRX's now...lol
Stumbles
Stumbles
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:11 am

HAHAHA!!! My plan has worked!!!! MWahahaha!!!

AWD transfers are going down the shitter!!! Then the dominance of 2WD will be restored....and forever RULE THE WORLD!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA!! MWAHAHAHA!!
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down