OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V8 Series XI - General Discussion

+8
hillcrest
LolaT340
TheAlfheim
The Double D
ozmadair
stikman
benito1983
XYvSTUvYX
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

V8 Series XI - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: V8 Series XI - General Discussion

Post by ozmadair Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm

LolaT340,

Not going to quote as it was pretty long; however, I just wanted to say thank you! I did indeed end up resetting to default and started making adjustments as you suggested. Definite time improvements as I was in the 1:45s and have brought that down several seconds.

I have noticed that small incremental changes tend to yield 0 results. Everything you always here is "give the wing 1 turn or 2 turns" and that makes a difference. In FM6, it seems like it's "increase it in large chunks" to see any noticeable difference.

Will keep working on it. Had never raced Sonoma before joining here and surprisingly I find this track quite challenging. Where's my beloved Catalunya when I need her? hehe

Cheers,
ozmadair

ozmadair
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

V8 Series XI - General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: V8 Series XI - General Discussion

Post by Mitch Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:41 pm

sempeR wrote:Disagree. Once you're in the right area, small adjustments are very noticeable. Smile

Yes, you are right but its more that the "window" is very narrow. IMO thats what i'm finding.

Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:57 pm

ozmadair wrote:LolaT340,

Not going to quote as it was pretty long; however, I just wanted to say thank you! I did indeed end up resetting to default and started making adjustments as you suggested. Definite time improvements as I was in the 1:45s and have brought that down several seconds.

I have noticed that small incremental changes tend to yield 0 results. Everything you always here is "give the wing 1 turn or 2 turns" and that makes a difference. In FM6, it seems like it's "increase it in large chunks" to see any noticeable difference.

Will keep working on it. Had never raced Sonoma before joining here and surprisingly I find this track quite challenging. Where's my beloved Catalunya when I need her? hehe

Cheers,
ozmadair

Sonoma you will find you need to be very patient with both turning and throttle appilcations thanks to the hilly nature and mix of cambered corners. It would be less than half of the lap will it be spent at 100% throttle.

It might be worth looking at grabbing "ForzaTune6" and use it to assist with finding a certain balance in the car you are looking for?
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:43 am

XYvSTUvYX wrote:series info

____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Calander

We have more than 24 signups so Q round to sort lobbies
Q Round: Sonoma Full
Round 1: Sonoma Full
Round 2: Road Atlanta (Long)
Round 3: Rio Coast Loop REVERSE
Round 4: COTA West
Round 5: Bathurst
Round 6: Indianapolis GP (Long)
Round 7: Yas Marina Corkscrew NIGHT

Does this mean we'll be running Sonoma Q round one week, then Sonoma Round 1 the following week?  Or Q & R1 on the same night?

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAlfheim Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:47 am

ozmadair wrote:I swear though, I had a check of the leaderboards and the fastest V8 Supercar time is about 1:37. How the heck did someone do it hat fast?! If you guys are in the 1:37s, i'm doomed. lol

-ozmadair

I joined the group in the late stages of Forza 5, so not that long ago.  To start with, I was many seconds off the pace.  Through learning, practice and advice from the guys, I got quicker and was able to compete, albeit towards the back of the pack.

Remember: There will be some really quick guys, and there will be some slower guys.  One of the things I like about the bigger events like the V8s is that it brings all of the skill levels together, so you usually find a good battle/race somewhere in the pack.

TheAlfheim
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:09 pm

TheAlfheim wrote:
XYvSTUvYX wrote:series info

____________________________________________________________________________________________
The Calander

We have more than 24 signups so Q round to sort lobbies
Q Round: Sonoma Full
Round 1: Sonoma Full
Round 2: Road Atlanta (Long)
Round 3: Rio Coast Loop REVERSE
Round 4: COTA West
Round 5: Bathurst
Round 6: Indianapolis GP (Long)
Round 7: Yas Marina Corkscrew NIGHT

Does this mean we'll be running Sonoma Q round one week, then Sonoma Round 1 the following week?  Or Q & R1 on the same night?

Week 1 Q
Week 2 Race
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:03 pm

if you can not make qually night you must set a time with myself or a COMS Official in a lobby before the Qually night date.

if you are unable to attend a round please notify me ASAP so lobbies can be resorted.
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Speaking of which Stu, I can't make quality, won't even be able to get on the xbox till later in the week.. Apologies. Let me know if we can/can't sort something out.

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by CosmicChimera Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:54 pm

Good luck to all for series XI - Hope I'm able to commit next time. Have fun!
CosmicChimera
CosmicChimera
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Top 5 of each manufacturer will go towards manufacturer points
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Bluey Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Apologies I missed last night with no notice (10 November). Was called away to an urgent work matter just before the starting time, and had no time to post an apology.

Unfortunately, another work commitment will cause me to also miss next week.

Best of luck and hopefully see you again in 2 weeks time.

Captain Bluey
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by XYvSTUvYX Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Captain Bluey wrote:Apologies I missed last night with no notice (10 November). Was called away to an urgent work matter just before the starting time, and had no time to post an apology.

Unfortunately, another work commitment will cause me to also miss next week.

Best of luck and hopefully see you again in 2 weeks time.

no worries mate see you when you can race, just post on the round thread to be added to the lobby
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2