OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

+27
Tastyyx
sempeR
stikman
STONDKIWI
nat3885
mad DANNO 29
Sly Dux
SunCrossed
Dazza4610
OctarineDream
Envy The Best
Reaps
JamieWhincup#1
crimson eagle73
surferofthemind
iWolf
Sleuth 101
Dektra
Goomf
Zabbey21
C RazyStingray
REEBOGUJ
NoRecoil
mystery
NzLRyaNLzN
MadRacer38
LATENT IMAGE
31 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement Empty Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 am

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

Post by crimson eagle73 Wed May 22, 2013 4:56 am

Looks like NFS eliminator on a street circuit. Yeah, it's pretty, but not what I think most around here want.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 am

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 7:48 am

Best part about this picture is the IR out port. This will (if it is the same as the old MS Media Centre) allow for the xbox to send IR commands, which will then change channels on the Foxtel box. Might be time to retire the Media Centre.

OK so there maybe a second thing I like, HDMI in, this will be cool.

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement 20130512

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 am

Dazza4610 wrote:

Looks like my Forza days are numbered...
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 am

Forza Motorsport 5 Xbox One Announcement 944451_369621526475512_1643993367_n
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed May 22, 2013 9:54 am

Hmm, hopefuly some more pics and previews come out soon, first impressions not great of both game and console.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 am

NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 am

Why is everyone hating on the new xbox/forza 5?
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 11:26 am

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Why is everyone hating on the new xbox/forza 5?

Not everyone... I am looking forward to both FM5 and Xbox1

I just ignore the haters and trolls.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 am

Dazza4610 wrote:
NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Why is everyone hating on the new xbox/forza 5?

Not everyone... I am looking forward to both FM5 and Xbox1

I just ignore the haters and trolls.
yeah i know, there's been 1 trailer and and everyone's saying its looking like NFS (not the forum specifically)
oh well, I for one, is very excited.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 11:33 am

Yep, been looking for any more info and keep finding haters and trolls. I was beginning to think I was the only person looking forward to some new life in the old game and console. I would have also thought this forum, being specifically Forza based would also be welcoming something new.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by LATENT IMAGE Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 am

I'm looking forward to both also but my one complaint is replay cameras were never good in Forza, not like the old PGR3 which had the best cam replay I have ever seen, so hope Forza 5 have fixed that which will make in game recording worth watching afterwards.

Xbox One snap in function looks awesome but does require a large tv screen i will assume. So does that mean fellaz, we will now be watching each other as we do battle at the same time? Dress appropriately please...

Muhaha
LATENT IMAGE
LATENT IMAGE
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 11:55 am

Would have to watch release video again, but I think they mentioned something about built in PVR, that will record game action and upload to the cloud... Could fix some of the problems Forza has had with the length of replays.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Just bought a PVR, then the ONE has it built in, dang!
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

All I'm gonna say to the people having their doubts, wait till E3 next month before you make up you're mind.
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Cool, this is the 1st Ive seen of the new consloe etc.

1st observation is that seeing as though they have done away with the vga graphics port I hope they have addressed the HDMI issues with the new console.

HDMI on this current console looks TERRIBLE, VGA cables presents the graphics sooooooo much better at the moment. If you are using HDMI on the 360 and havent tried VGA cables you REALLY dont know what you are missing out on. It just looks so pixely compared to VGA, terrible.

Which is weird because its only a Xbox thing. HDMI looks great on PS3. I hope it looks as good on the new console as it actually should, and not as it does on 360.
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 12:23 pm

That is interesting Reapr. I have 2 xbox s one that usually lives on a 50" LG Plasma and the other I swap from my PC to the other 50" Panasonic viera plasma. Both use HDMI and yet I have always assumed the poor quality on th LG was due to the cheap and nasty LG. I must give the VGA a go. The quality on the viera is way better than the LG, maybe it would be better using the VGA.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Kiwi found the same thing the other day when comparing VGA and HDMI, and he said the same about it being great on the ps3 (same tv and cable etc) yet scratchy on xbox. We both have even tried different (i.e both cheapies and expensive) HDMI cables too, its not the cables, its definately something with the xbox. Particularly the edges of textures look alot more detailed and less jagged using VGA on the xbox, I cant explain why but it does. It is immediately obvious even from the avatar on the sign in screen.

Surely they would have to have looked into it for the new one though, fingers crossed.

Last edited by Original Reapr on Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Why is everyone hating on the new xbox?

Because the console is entirely anti-consumer, forcing always online (effectively, since you have to be online during start up), always connected kinect, fees to play your 360 games on the new console, a non-rechargeable controller, a non-replaceable HDD and even fees to play games on someone elses console. This console is everything no one wanted, and its a real Frig shame considering that "exclusives" is still a thing (that should be abolished), hiding good games behind a $500+ price tag for the sake of selling outdated hardware.

All they needed to do was be consumer friendly, not to force ANYTHING a consumer may/may not want down their throats, make games the priority of the console and they would have sold these things like they were going out of fashion. Actually they probably will sell a lot of these things, because their target market (Sports gamers and CoD players) simply don't care that they're getting shafted game after game. There was absolutely NO indie support revealed, and given Microsofts hostile approach to such developers, i wouldn't be surprised if they all just by-passed Microsoft and dealt with Sony and only Sony.

So yeah, i'm not a fan.

Original Reapr wrote:Kiwi found the same thing the other day when comparing VGA and HDMI, and he said the same about it being great on the ps3 (same tv and cable etc) yet scratchy on xbox. We both have even tried different (i.e both cheapies and expensive) HDMI cables too, its not the cables, its definately something with the xbox. Particularly the edges of textured look alot more detailed and less jagged using VGA on the xbox, I cant explain why but it does.

Absolutely spot on. Not to mention a smoother framerate.

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:All I'm gonna say to the people having their doubts, wait till E3 next month before you make up you're mind.

Why? Sony made their intentions clear in their reveal, leaving E3 for the details of the console itself rather than its market intentions. Microsoft needed to make a good first impression, just as Sony did.

They didn't.

edit: Sums up everything

Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Ok, for starters, the Xbox ONE won't be 'always online', it was a rumor that Microsoft cleared up a while ago, and I'm saying wait till E3 because this was simply the reveal, not show us everything so theres no point going to E3 reveal. In my eyes they made a great impression, why would you wan't to have 4 different boxes surrounding you're TV when this can do everything, and fees to play old games? Where did that come from?
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 12:50 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:Ok, for starters, the Xbox ONE won't be 'always online', it was a rumor that Microsoft cleared up a while ago, and I'm saying wait till E3 because this was simply the reveal, not show us everything so theres no point going to E3 reveal. In my eyes they made a great impression, why would you wan't to have 4 different boxes surrounding you're TV when this can do everything, and fees to play old games? Where did that come from?

Microsoft: Xbox One will need to go online eventually

"For single-player games that don't require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted."

See a theme here? Hes saying that you WILL be online BEFORE you go "offline" due to technical difficulties. This is PR speak for "we're not saying its always online, but its always online". If you can't read between the lines i can't help you.

"Asked about how this would impact single-player titles, Spencer said he believes the user would need to go online with their console at least once per day."

"Xbox One games will come with a unique redeemable code which will require Internet access to activate and as part of this setup, the software you purchase will be installed from the disc to your system's hard drive. While the redemption process links the titles to your Xbox Live account, anyone playing on the same Xbox One as you won't have to pay for a second copy."

And second, this is a GAMES console. Why the Frig would you buy GAMES console that doesn't care about the GAMES? Sony TRIED the all in one system with the PS3. It didn't work. People said the same stuff about multiple boxes for everything when the PS3 was announced, and guess what it didn't replace anything at all.

Consoles sell because of the games, not because they can record TV shows.

Last edited by Envy The Best on Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NzLRyaNLzN Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 pm

But why is always online bad anyway, look I'm not gonna argue with you, at least im not before the friggin thing comes out
NzLRyaNLzN
NzLRyaNLzN
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed May 22, 2013 12:59 pm

NzLRyaNLzN wrote:But why is always online bad anyway, look I'm not gonna argue with you, at least im not before the friggin thing comes out

In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of people don't actually get the best net experience in all parts of the world. See i have some level of empathy of others and won't just shout "Well its fine for me, so who cares about your troubles!". Why do i need to be always online to play a singleplayer game? Why do i have to go to the hassle of switching out my ethernet cables to play singleplayer Assassins Creed?

Did NO ONE learn a lesson from the Sim City debacle? Did no one learn from the backlash to Adam Orths derivative comments about those who simply can't have a stable internet connection? Do you not think its a massive Frig problem when you go to play on your console, and you can't because Microsofts servers are down or so full of traffic they can't get to you right now, so all you've got is a gigantic PS3 sized paperweight?
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed May 22, 2013 1:10 pm

The new controller looks special...

I like space.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next