OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Horizon General Chat

+32
feralcobra
iWolf
RRT_DemoN
sillybilly77
Mike0707
Reaps
STONDKIWI
lakerslegend
ThousandSumo
Magz
Sleuth 101
stikman
mystery
sempeR
CarSteerYou
Sly Dux
Paul
Jabba oz
SunCrossed
Don Stylz
C RazyStingray
WARHAWK85
OctarineDream
JamieWhincup#1
Envy The Best
NoRecoil
original skin
surferofthemind
crimson eagle73
Waffelz
Dektra
Dazza4610
36 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forza Horizon General Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: Forza Horizon General Chat

Post by C RazyStingray Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:37 am

^ not a smart move if this is the case. get everyone excited about dirt tracks and then just 2weeks before the release of the game bring out a demo featuring dirt track with no grip loss or dirt flying. way to lose the appeal of the people looking forward to that part of it.

I know its not forza motorsport and went into the demo with an open mind. Now just left thinking ts need for speed. at least i can have cop chases in need for speed. imo tdu 2 was more enjoyable and it was flawed.

Glad i didn't preorder , and if i had id swap the credit over onto the new nfs. Glad there's other big games i want more coming out very soon.

C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:43 am

so warhawk.. did u wait that hr for the download hehehehehe will be giving it a thrash tonight.. waited up for about 20 mins but ended up calling it a night so should be on the box ready to go when i get home today . .

Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm

I bashed around in this for an hour or so last night, I liked the roads, just cruising was fun, and I enjoyed the dirt roads with the Evo, it was slippery, but not sure it was as much as it should be... It won't be replacing Forza that for sure, the physics are definitely tamed down, that Viper is a b!tch to drive in Forza, in Horizon it was more accessible. Speed traps and zones were a nice touch, night is pretty cool, the roads are nice and windy and blind corners and heaps of undulation and bumps in the roads, all feels really nice. Current feeling is it will be fun, for how long I'm not sure though...

I've had a run through the music list and found it disappointing, Alright I'm getting old these days but the rock station?! WTF? Artic Monkeys, Black Keys great and a couple of others but Lostprophets dear God lostemos is more like it. Great driving music QOTSA (Songs for the Deaf is literally a driving album!), Tool, White Stripes, Clutch... Music will likely be muted pretty quickly, I'm clearly not their audience...
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by WARHAWK85 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Don Stylz wrote:so warhawk.. did u wait that hr for the download hehehehehe will be giving it a thrash tonight.. waited up for about 20 mins but ended up calling it a night so should be on the box ready to go when i get home today . .

Yes.....yes I did lol worth it in my opinion, played till 1:30am just messing around, trying to see if there where any "barn finds" in the demo, but there aren't as far as I could find anyway, wondering what those part discount signs are about, must count toward the full game when you get it.
WARHAWK85
WARHAWK85
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Well I love it. I can not wait for the full game now.

For a demo to last me longer than 2 hours and have me wanting to jump back on tonight for another cruise, it has won me.

Barn finds, there is a barn just on the edge of the demo map, I bet if I could get around the other side of the barn I would find a "barn find". Tried for ages to sneak past... But no chance..lol.

Find it a bit annoying trying to navigate the map using the wheel, but getting used to it.

Going to hook up the H pattern shifter tonight for a real cruise effect.

I am getting bored with Forza Motorsport at the moment, so this will keep me entertained for a while... At least till NFS comes out.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Jabba oz Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm sold on this. I wasn't convinced of the concept coz it just seemed like everything else before it but it seems fresh and fun. Will make for some good casual racing I reckon.

Jabba oz
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Not too sure about good casual racing, I am looking forward to good casual dicking about....

I spent about an hour last night going back and forth through a speed trap... lol driver

Maybe I could cancel my preorder and jsut play the demo. I will be back on tonight to try and get the lancer to go fast through the traps.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:I spent about an hour last night going back and forth through a speed trap... lol driver

And I still beat you Razz
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Dektra wrote:
Dazza4610 wrote:I spent about an hour last night going back and forth through a speed trap... lol driver

And I still beat you Razz

Oh, I dont think I saw you on my leaderboard. I was on at around 5:30 this morning did you set a time after 7:30? I was trying to beat Ryan on one trap and I think stingray on another.

I really want to get back tonight now...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm

I like it so far. I think the haters might even jump on board.

Dazza, going back and forth through the speed traps reminds me of the days me and a couple of mates kept doing it on our motox bikes until the dude sitting in the car said he was gonna ring the cops. Razz
Paul
Paul
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Lol... Paul.

Everyone would have heard of the gateway bridge in Brisbane. Well when it first opened it was free and the toll booths were open. We spent all night seeing who could drive through between the booths the quickest. Until the cops showed up. Sad

Lucky for us some other randoms were parked watching us, and the cops got them...lol

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Forza Horizon General Chat - Page 2 Ultra111
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I guess that is what I like about it... I quite like most NFS titles, they should of never tried sim racing like shift though. When I pick up my Forza Horizon I will be preordering Most Wanted.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Uh, no, this doesn't feel like NFS in the slightest. Sure you can say "hey look, open world! Thats just like NFS!", or you can be smart and say "hey look, thats NFS's open world style mixed with Midnight Club LA's personality with Forza's more grounded but not 100% FM4 physics engine in place"

This is what i've been waiting for, an arcade open world racer without the constant doof doof cRap/RnB where the cars don't feel like they're made out of tinfoil.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm

What I have noticed is, I am using he same wheel setting as I do with Forza Motorsport 4 and Sim steering in Horizon is way better the FM4. It actually feels like it did when FM4 first came out.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 pm

I cant say that i didnt enjoy the demo. I did but i just didn't find anything new that might have convinced me to buy it. It felt like the devs had gone through the NFS and Midnight club games and plagiarised the shit out of their better ideas, squished them all together on a new map with better graphics and slapped the Forza brand name on it to pull in the rest of the punters. I had fun for an hour but it will be a bargain bin pickup for me im afraid.
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:47 pm

ok - just gave it an hour or so.
Definitely reminded me in style and appearance of NFS games (yes, I realise that's the point). I learnt that the physics is a bit different though when I completely locked up and crashed through a corner. Oh yeah - a bit more sim like. :-)
I disagree with prev statement about no difference between bitumen and dirt - off road it floats around a lot more. It's not perfect - feels a bit like Dirt 3 actually (which IMO never felt quite right, but very close).
I was getting frustrated at having to drive the same car around all the time in the open world, but that's just a limitation of the demo.
I'd love to know how some of the fastest guys have set speed trap times of 240km/h. My car won't even get to that speed - let alone hold it through all the corners and around traffic!
I might get it as a rental when it comes out and play it a bit more to see how the full game feels.

cya,
Chris
PS - I was also testing out some new headphones I just bought - Sennheiser x320. The sound is awesome as you'd expect from them. I haven't tested mic yet. I'll do more of a review later.
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by CarSteerYou Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 am

Cancelling my preorder. Really, really disappointed.
CarSteerYou
CarSteerYou
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 am

So exhilarating crashing in to stuff and getting points. An unbelievable feeling getting a new top speed through a speed camera. Such a rush driving at night. The rediculous grip off road. The utter crapness of it all.

Hey, I didn't knock it till I tried it.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:35 am

Oh wait I liked the music.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:45 am

sempeR wrote:Oh wait I liked the music.

lol I knew I was not it's intended audience =)
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 am

I like it.

I can see this game is going to polarise the Forza following as it isn't a game for those who like only simulation-type racers because it isn't a simulation, plain and simple.

Realism was not the intent of this game. This game was not released to replace Forza, this game was released as something to play when you wanna stop worrying about missing that apex on the fast right and just drive. This game is not "the next step" for Forza Motorsport but rather showing Criterion, Atari and EA how there franchises should be done.

Don't get me wrong, it still has the whole rivals thing and time leaderboards but it is for a different crowd. It is for those who like to live outside the stringent clean lap rules of Forza Motorsports and find the absolute fastest line available using every inch of the driving surface.

While the dirt physics are probably a little too arcade-like, the road physics are pretty much Forza standard. I just think that most people have forgotten what it is like to drive a stock car in Forza. When you add in that most of the tracks in the original games are a lot flatter and smoother than most roads, you start to see why the cars behave as they do in Horizon.

At the moment I am very happy and look forward to the full game

Back to top Go down

Post by C RazyStingray Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:07 pm

Isn't that why they spent 2 years creating Bernese alps for Twisted Evil
C RazyStingray
C RazyStingray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystery Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I pre ordered the super dupa version of Horizon and refuse to have my experience ruined by reading this thread...... nananananananananan...

Forza Horizon General Chat - Page 2 Shocked-batman-reaction-meme-jpg

BATMAN!!!

Love Dektra
mystery
mystery
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 pm

...dafuq?

Just pre-ordered my super special edition.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm

This is the ad they ran during Bathurst for those who missed it...It is very gay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qotels/forza-horizon-exclusive-breakup-trailer

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:16 pm

original skin wrote:This is the ad they ran during Bathurst for those who missed it...It is very gay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/qotels/forza-horizon-exclusive-breakup-trailer

That makes Horizon look so gay... I think I will keep it a secret that I will be playing it. shhhh!!!

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next