OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuning Mugello

+2
Dazza4610
crimson eagle73
6 posters

Go down

Tuning Mugello Empty Tuning Mugello

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:57 pm

I want to start a new series of posts for tuning each of the different Tracks in Forza. I'll start the ball rolling with Mugello.

What I'm looking for is any track specific advice about tuning your cars for each of the different tracks. Often you see "how to tune" guides that provide a good starting point. I have yet to find a track specific one. Hoping to generate some really interesting discussion and maybe build up a decent library of posts which we can turn to time and time again.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Tuning Mugello Empty Re: Tuning Mugello

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Here is a picture so people can reference parts of the track.

Tuning Mugello Mugell10

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 pm

I always find turn 6 is critical as if you get the line right you can take it really fast, and carry that speed through 7, 8, and 9 without having to slow down.

As far as tuning goes, I reckon the multiple chicanes on this track really punish tank slappers, so stiffening the car up is probably a good idea. I'm no expert tuner though, so I'd like to hear what others think. Smile

I never know how much aero to use - it's a pretty long straight, but there are many high speed corners where the extra down-force is very useful.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 pm

How do you take 6. Often I take it at speed and end up with drifting tyres right into the kitty litter at 7 since it's downhill. And that'll ruin you whole day. As for tuning. Maybe a little more -ve camber and toe and max out the castor on the front than normal would help with tyre compliance through the turns. That way you can have less aero for the straight.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by o MANIC o Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:30 pm

In my opinion you need good bump compliance for this track, so low bump settings. aero doesn't make that much difference here cause those who have high settings will make the time around the corners and those with low settings will make time on the straight. For me though i like higher settings because of the high speed corners.

o MANIC o
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:28 pm

I generally turn into 6 pretty early and try to hold the line on the RHS so you are in a good position for 7. I haven't done it in the v8s for a while though - will test the V8s later and see how they handle it.
Good point about the aero Manic. Decent aero may allow you to hold a line and pass a car on the chicanes. I had my best lap at Indiannapolis when I was mucking around tuning and changed the aero from low to high half way through the lap. heheh. Need movable aero! Smile
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by stikman Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 am

I went for really, really soft supsension, low ride heght, high aero, high bump (6.7F & 8.1R) & rebound settings on my V8.
Makes it really easy to get out of corners quick & doesn't unsettle the car over the curbs. Flies around Arrabiatta 1&2
As for top speed though im only hitting about 280km down the straight without a draught so it's pretty vunerable there.

It's still good for high 1.51's and is very consistent over 46 laps (yep Demon & I did the race distance last night).

stikman
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by puttzNZ Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 am

Went for a run last night, and the Ford seems really strong around here.
I'm not running this week , but if you in the Ford and struggling flick me a message, may be able to help out Twisted Evil ....... Wouldnt mind seeming a few Ford in some good finishing positions for the last round, show them dirty Holdens how its done moon
puttzNZ
puttzNZ
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Originally I was tuning to use just 3rd gear from turn 1 right through to turn 10 where I switched down to 2nd. I softened the car up a bit (reduced spring stiffness) and made 2nd taller, so now I use 2nd from turn 1 to turn 3, then go up to 3rd for the straight leading up to turn 4 (hitting the rev limiter). The extra acceleration really helped for coming out of those corners.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down