OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion

+28
Dektra
Waffelz
surferofthemind
feralcobra
GOWIE22
baconterrain
Mike0707
wylie27
Tastyyx
RU four 86
sempeR
Sly Dux
ausfez
OctarineDream
Paul
crimson eagle73
CarSteerYou
Envy The Best
Dazza4610
mcrow5
Sleuth 101
FrankTank
The Jester Race
RRT_DemoN
The Double D
JamieWhincup#1
TEEROY 34
NoRecoil
32 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 V8 Supercars Discussion

Post by FrankTank Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I personally think it looks a little uninspired....

FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm

There got sponsorship from Hogs Breath, now any team that has those cheer leader girls with there pink pom poms and butt short skirts n tight tops is worth watching. Even if its a commercial for steak.

Dont think that picture and quality does the livery any justice, well hoping not any way.

Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Michael Patrizi confirmed at Tekno Autosports:

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Patriz10

Michael Patrizi has been confirmed as Tekno Autosport’s second driver for the 2012 V8 Supercars Championship.

The West Australian joins owner/driver Jonathon Webb in his expanded two-car team, competing in Triple Eight Race Engineering-built Commodore VEs.

Patrizi will drive the #91 car for the forthcoming season.

“I am thrilled to have secured the drive with Tekno alongside Jonathon for the season,” Patrizi said.

“The team has big plans both on and off the track this year, particularly transitioning into a two Holden team. I’m stoked to be given the opportunity to be a part of such an exciting team.”

Tekno is at Queensland Raceway today where Webb is giving his new Commodore a shakedown prior to the Sandown V8 test.

Tekno team manager Bruce Jenkins is delighted that Patrizi will be joining the team this season.

“Michael brings with him a wealth of experience having been involved in competitive racing for many years throughout Europe, Asia, the USA and Australia from an early age,” he said.

“He demonstrated that he has the professionalism, attitude and enthusiasm to step into V8’s and importantly he is the right fit for our team.”

The team also unveiled its unique livery for Sandown that incorporates QR (Quick Response) Codes in the design.

Fans have the opportunity to scan the code featured on the race cars using their smartphone and register to win a prize package including tickets to the Armor All Gold Coast 600, flights and accommodation for two.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Webb-p10
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Defending V8 Supercar Drivers’ and Teams’ Champion TeamVodafone has launched its 2012 campaign in Sydney.

The leading V8 Supercars team revealed its paint scheme, plus its endurance line-up for Sandown, Bathurst and the Gold Coast.

Regular team drivers Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes will be paired with Paul Dumbrell and Warren Luff respectively, while Sebastien Bourdais and Richard Lyons will compete with the champion squad at the international-flavoured Gold Coast street race.

As was the case in the past, both the #1 (Whincup) and #888 (Lowndes) Commodores will compete in identical livery. The only difference will be the windscreen banner. Whincup’s entry will feature backing from Hogs Breath restaurants, while Lowndes’ car will feature support from his personal sponsor and long-time team sponsor Norton.

The team has also scored new backing from Samsung, replacing Nokia.

The top of the new Vodafone Commodore

Vodafone enters its sixth season as naming rights sponsor of TeamVodafone, which owns the enviable statistic of winning more than a third of the races contested during this period – including wins on every circuit visited during the V8 Supercars season.

Team naming rights sponsor Vodafone is excited to see what the team can achieve again this year.

“As naming rights sponsor you simply can’t get better than a 1-2 finish,” said Stephen Saunders, Head of Sponsorship and Events at Vodafone.

“In 2011, TeamVodafone was the one to watch and we brought customers and fans closer to the V8 action than ever before. 2012 will be no different and with the team going for back-to-back championships it’s set to be a thrilling season.

“The TeamVodafone Commodores have taken on a dramatic new look for 2012 that will make it easy for fans to spot them anywhere on the track – no matter how fast they are travelling! The customary rocket red has been ‘metallisised’ and is now dominating the scheme with chrome, black and carbon-fibre graphics finishing off the car’s meticulous detail.”

V8 Supercar Champion Whincup expressed his excitement about the prospect of a new season and said he looked forward to the series taking further steps overseas.

“V8 Supercars announced some fantastic developments for the sport last year, I think it’s a great thing we are starting a little later and I’m glad the first event has returned to Australia, as it’s great to kick things off on home soil,” said Whincup.

“In saying that, I’m looking forward to heading back to Abu Dhabi for the Formula race. It’s definitely going to be one of my highlights of the season.”

The 28-year-old said the livery and driver suit updates were an exciting change for the new season.

“When you already have a strong product it’s hard to improve it, but I think the commercial team has done a great job this year, the cars looks incredible and I can’t wait to get behind the wheel this weekend.”

“We are running white suits this year, which I am stoked about. With the in-car temperatures reaching 60 degrees we are always looking for ways to stay as cool as possible and the difference between white and red is actually quite significant.”

Lowndes came excruciatingly close to beating team mate Whincup to the 2011 title and the off-season break has him champing at the bit for another shot at a fourth championship.

“2011 was a great year for TeamVodafone and I certainly gave the Championship my best shot and was proud of my driving achievements throughout the season,” said Lowndes.

“I’m confident with the existing Holden Commodores and the TeamVodafone crew that we will now go into the 2012 season with fantastic momentum and then some! Expect to see that rocket red V8 Supercar looking like it’s flying around the track not driving on it.”
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 pm

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Tekno's interim livery Smile

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 2012jw10

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 2012te10

I can't wait to see their real livery Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:47 am

Tim Slade's new Livery.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Slade110

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Slade-10

I think one of these liverys would of been better.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 2012vo10

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 2012vo11

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Here's hoping PD gets taken out by the Gis at the enduros!!!! Razz
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm

NoRecoil wrote:Here's hoping PD gets taken out by the Gis at the enduros!!!! Razz
You wish!!
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 pm

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:
NoRecoil wrote:Here's hoping PD gets taken out by the Gis at the enduros!!!! Razz
You wish!!
Or hope...
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Reindler completes Kelly Racing’s line-up:

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 40905510

Karl Reindler will complete Kelly Racing’s driver line-up for the 2012 V8 Supercars Championship, signing with the Melbourne-based team to drive under the Fair Dinkum Sheds Racing banner.

Reindler’s entry will be backed by Fair Dinkum Sheds, the third consecutive year that the West Australian young gun will be backed by the supplier of garages and sheds.

Reindler replaces David Reynolds, who after a drawn out contract dispute, has reached a resolution with the Kelly Racing team and is set to be confirmed as Paul Dumbrell’s replacement at The Bottle-O Racing.

The Reynolds/Bottle-O confirmation is due to come before this week’s Sandown test.

Reindler completes Kelly Racing’s driver line-up for the 2012 V8 Supercars Championship, joining Todd and Rick Kelly (Jack Daniel’s Racing) and Greg Murphy (Pepsi Max Crew) in the four-car outfit.

Reindler is looking forward to driving for his new team.

“I’m very excited about my move to Kelly Racing,” said Reindler.

“To have Fair Dinkum Sheds onboard with me for the third year in a row is great as well and I’m looking forward to building on that relationship even further in 2012.

“I had some time in the Kelly Racing workshop in January to run through plans for this season and to meet all of the crew and there is a really great atmosphere within the place.

“The facility is just incredible and the fact that they are building more to bring it all under one roof just adds to that and makes it a great showcase for the sport. It’s the best facility that I’ve seen in the country.

“To have four cars in the one team to collect and compare a lot of data is great for me as I look to improve and take my driving to the next level.”

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 39866510

I love the new Fair Dinkum Sheds livery. It looks alot better than last years boring livery.

D’Alberto re-signs Wood for endurance races:

Tony D’Alberto Racing has confirmed Dale Wood as the team’s co-driver for the 2012 V8 Supercars endurance races at Sandown and Bathurst.

It will be the second year in a row that Wood will drive with D’Alberto after the pair took a solid ninth place in the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 last year.

Team owner Al D’Alberto said the team’s need for continuity was an important factor in bringing Wood back for 2012.

“Dale fitted in really well last year and did a good job at both endurance events. He delivered on our expectations and we didn’t hesitate in re-signing him for this year,” said D’Alberto.

“We’re very much of the mindset at TDR that continuity is the key ingredient needed for success, be it with drivers, staff or commercial partners. We enjoyed some strong performances in patches last year and we expect to see improvement in 2012.”

Team driver Tony D’Alberto believes the pair form a strong and reliable combination.

“Dale fitted in seamlessly last year and it felt like he was on the same page from day one,” he said.

“We enjoy working together and last year’s efforts will provide us with much of the groundwork for this year’s events.”

Wood will drive the #3 TDR Falcon at Sandown this Saturday.

In other TDR news, the team has confirmed that its 2012 livery won’t be unveiled until the Clipsal 500, preferring to roll out with a clean-skin at this Saturday’s open test day at Sandown.

The team is yet to secure a major sponsor after it split with last year’s backer Wilson Security.

“Like a couple of other teams, our preference is to go about our testing this weekend and then release our livery prior to the opening event of the year,” said D’Alberto.

“We make no secret of the fact that we are actively seeking a naming rights sponsor, but it needs to be the right fit for the team and has to be a partner looking to grow with us for this year, and future years.

“We’re in the marketplace for a partner with a focus on building a brand with us.”

The team will continue to enjoy support from GB Galvanizing, plus other subsidiary sponsors.

V8 Supercars set for ‘significant announcement:

V8 Supercars will make “one of the most significant announcements in the history of the sport” tomorrow.

In a short statement released today, V8 Supercars has announced that it will hold a press conference in Melbourne tomorrow to reveal something that, according to the statement, is “years in the planning and is certain to surprise.”

Senior V8 Supercar executives, including chairman Tony Cochrane and CEO David Malone, will be joined by several special guests to make the announcement at 11am AEST.

V8 Supercars is refusing to make further comment on the matter until that time.

Stick with Speedcafe.com for the latest news …

My guess would be that Chrysler is joining the chamionship next year.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:18 am

David Reynolds confirmed at The Bottle-O:

Kelly Racing and David Reynolds have reached a settlement, leaving the young driver free to race The Bottle-O Racing Falcon this year.

Reynolds raced for Kelly Racing’s Stratco Racing entry last year in the first of an announced two-year deal.

It is understood that Reynolds did not sign that two-year contract and sought to leave the team.

After an eight month battle between the pair, Reynolds is finally allowed to speak freely on the topic, stating his pleasure at joining Rod Nash’s Ford Performance Racing-prepared entry.

“I am extremely excited to join The Bottle-O Racing Team and Rod Nash and the new partnership leaves me feeling highly-motivated for this new chapter in my career,” Reynolds said.

“Everyone here has welcomed me with open arms and the professionalism of the team is second to none.

“I’m really looking forward to driving with the factory Ford team and I cannot wait to sample a Falcon for the first time.

“It is also great to be reunited with my engineer James Small who I’ve worked with in the past. I am looking forward to continuing our successful relationship in the coming seasons.”

Kelly Racing released a statement this morning, confirming the settlement.

“Kelly Racing has reached an arrangement to release David Reynolds to another team for the 2012 V8 Supercars Championship,” the statement read.

“The matter between Kelly Racing and Reynolds has now been settled and the terms are strictly confidential.”

Rod Nash and FPR are yet to make a statement regarding the matter.

Kelly Racing will be involved in today’s V8 Supercars announcement, confirming Nissan into the sport next year as part of a four-car Kelly Racing team
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm

cant wait for this saturday, im heading down to Sandown for the testing session Very Happy

if anyone wants a photo of a specific car let me know.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 pm

mcrow5 wrote:cant wait for this saturday, im heading down to Sandown for the testing session Very Happy

if anyone wants a photo of a specific car let me know.
Now who's the jealous one Razz
Oh well only a few weeks till Bathurst so I can get my first motor racing fix of the year hehe
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 pm

hahah! payback Very Happy

and im jealous of you, you can go to bathurst over a weekend, i cant. well not without driving for a tedious amount of time.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Gis' warpaint

NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 pm

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:40 am

Well that sucks... I was hoping to cheer on Nissan in 2013, but I can not stand Rick Kelly. I guess he has one more year to change my mind on him.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:Well that sucks... I was hoping to cheer on Nissan in 2013, but I can not stand Rick Kelly. I guess he has one more year to change my mind on him.
What's your problem with Rick ?

Russell Ingall launches 2012 Supercheap livery:

Russell Ingall and Walkinshaw Racing have unveiled the 2012 Supercheap Cheap Auto Racing livery at Sandown today.

Ingall and the team launched the car by breaking through a facsimile garage door at the Melbourne circuit

The 2005 V8 Supercars Championship winner switches to Walkinshaw Racing this year after four seasons with Paul Morris Motorsport.

The car was launched under the ‘‘Russell Ingall Re-Enforcement Tour 2012′ slogan, which the team says will be used in merchandising and other promotional activities across the season.

Ingall had his first drive of a Walkinshaw Racing Commodore at a ride day late last year at Phillip Island, and will again get behind the wheel tomorrow for the pre-season Sandown test.

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 1110

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 5110

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Img_6015

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Img_6016
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:40 pm

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:17 am

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 am

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Testday_12211_13949

Nissan will be based on the Maxima
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 am

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Testday_12211_122021
Murph back in #51 Smile
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:57 pm

NoRecoil wrote:2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Testday_12211_122021
Murph back in #51 Smile

and still with the best livery as well.

edit: i was just getting ready to leave yesterday when the announcer said that David Reynolds had the fastest lap of the day so far. safe to say i was a bit shocked.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 am

mcrow5 wrote:
NoRecoil wrote:2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 Testday_12211_122021
Murph back in #51 Smile

and still with the best livery as well.

edit: i was just getting ready to leave yesterday when the announcer said that David Reynolds had the fastest lap of the day so far. safe to say i was a bit shocked.

Dont know why, Reynolds was quick last year in that POS Stratco Kelly Brothers Car.
Of course he'll have speed in a FPR backed Falcon, better car + quick young driver. He'll be one to watch this year.

Better part is all 4 DJR backed cars got in the top 16 and Whincup didn't Smile

1. Will Davison, 1m09.3230s, 65

2. Craig Lowndes, 1m09.5588s, 73

3. Lee Holdsworth, 1m09.5796s, 61

4. Todd Kelly, 1m09.8234s, 47

5. Jonathon Webb, 1m09.8576s, 62

6. Garth Tander, 1m09.9376s, 56

7. Tim Slade, 1m09.9790s, 43

8. Mark Winterbottom, 1m09.9871s, 77

9. Steve Owen, 1m10.0505s, 44

10. Michael Patrizi, 1m10.0736s, 54

11. David Reynolds, 1m10.1266s, 68

12. James Moffat, 1m10.1671s, 51

13. Shane van Gisbergen, 1m10.1883s, 34

14. Dean Fiore, 1m10.1907s, 37

15. James Courtney, 1m10.2028s, 57

16. Steven Johnson, 1m10.2526s, 48

17. Jamie Whincup, 1m10.4671s, 45

18. Michael Caruso, 1m10.5264s, 36

19. Jason Bright, 1m10.5491s, 41

20. Tony D’Alberto, 1m10.5927s, 39

21. Russell Ingall, 1m10.5937s, 47

22. Taz Douglas, 1m10.7369s, 76

23. Rick Kelly, 1m10.8320s, 49

24. Karl Reindler, 1m10.8760s, 57

25. Fabian Coulthard, 1m10.9859s, 55

26. David Wall, 1m11.0633s, 57

27. Greg Murphy, 1m11.1664s, 57

28. Alexandre Premat, 1m11.4650s, 69
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:07 pm

NoRecoil wrote:Dont know why, Reynolds was quick last year in that POS Stratco Kelly Brothers Car.
Of course he'll have speed in a FPR backed Falcon, better car + quick young driver. He'll be one to watch this year.

Better part is all 4 DJR backed cars got in the top 16 and Whincup didn't

1. The Stratco car wasn't a POS, It wasn't the best car but it certainly wasn't the worst.

2. Reynolds is a damn quick steerer but last year there were a lot of errors. He needs to settle it down a bit and not get into positions that he shouldn't be in.

3. Do you really think he's going to do any better in a " Look at me I'm really quick over 1 lap and then fail in a race " FPR car, I don't think so.

4. "Better part is all 4 DJR backed cars got in the top 16 and Whincup didn't" Your point is ? It's a test, it doesn't matter what your time is.

So how many races is DJR going to win this year ?

#12: Dean Fiore, Good driver will improve on last years results but wont win any races.
#17: Steven Johnson, Poor excuse of a driver.
#18: James Moffat, Great driver may win a race or two if everything goes his way.
#49: Steve Owen, Again great driver can be really quick but results won't improve much on last years.

How many race wins between them total ?

How many wins does Whincup have?

Ps, Don't call it "Kelly Brothers" car because it reminds me of Matty Fatty White. It's Kelly Racing.

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Dunlop is set to become the new major sponsor of the Development V8 Supercars Series.

The Japanese tyre giant, which supplies the racing tyres to both the V8 Supercars Championship and the Development Series, will take over from Fujitsu General as the naming rights of the DVS.

The class will be known as the Dunlop V8 Supercars Series.

Speedcafe.com understands that an announcement is imminent and confirmation could come within days.

Speedcafe.com spoke to a V8 Supercars representative who could not make comment.

The news of Dunlop taking over as the major supporter of the Development Series was broken at Sandown when the sport’s new Nissan Safety Cars were displaying Dunlop V8 Supercars Series logos.

Blink and you'll miss it. The Dunlop V8 Series logo can be found behind the front wheels of the new Nissan GT-R Safety Cars

Dunlop has been the control supplier to V8 Supercars since 2002 and recently announced a deal that will see the company remain as the sole supplier until 2017.

The Development Series was run in 2000, won by Dean Canto. Since then, the likes of Paul Dumbrell, Mark Winterbottom, Andrew Jones, Tony D’Alberto, Steve Owen, Jonathon Webb and Andrew Thompson have used the class to progress their V8 careers.

Leading contenders in this year’s Dunlop V8 Supercars Series will include Scott Pye (Triple Eight), Nick Percat (Walkinshaw Racing), Tim Blanchard (MW Motorsport), Chaz Mostert (Ford Performance Racing), Scott McLaughlin (Stone Brothers Racing), David Russell and Cameron Waters (Kelly Racing), Paul Morris (PMM) and George Miedecke (Sonic Motor Racing).

2012 V8 Supercars Discussion  - Page 3 58032_10
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next