OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IGP Manager League

+5
RRT_DemoN
Scorpiion4984
JamieWhincup#1
Tastyyx
Arckon
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IGP Manager League - Page 2 Empty Re: IGP Manager League

Post by Arckon Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Welcome SempeR and Baba.

Remember everyone, your managing your teams over multiple seasons, your bank roll doesn't reset each season, and you need to balance your R & D throughout the season between developing for the here and now or developing for the next season.
Under your R & D check the column to see what your parts development percentage for the start of next season will be throughout the season as that is what you will be looking at starting the next season with.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I did some research and I found the following about 2 car leagues:

* A paying member has to create the 2 car league, however non paying members can still join and run 1 car :-)

* You cannot change from a 1 to 2 car league, or vice versa, mid season.

More found here

Obviously this season is already underway, and you cant multi-league, so after this season if everyone is keen, I as a paying member would be willing to start a league with a optional 2 car system. Or Arckon is he wants to upgrade and change Aussie F1 to a 2 car setup.

That way if you want to pay for the 2D pack and run 2 cars then you can, or you can stay as a free member and run one.

Best of all if you change leagues, you keep your team at all times, development and all :-)

Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Scorpiion4984 wrote:I did some research and I found the following about 2 car leagues:

* A paying member has to create the 2 car league, however non paying members can still join and run 1 car :-)

* You cannot change from a 1 to 2 car league, or vice versa, mid season.

More found here

Obviously this season is already underway, and you cant multi-league, so after this season if everyone is keen, I as a paying member would be willing to start a league with a optional 2 car system. Or Arckon is he wants to upgrade and change Aussie F1 to a 2 car setup.

That way if you want to pay for the 2D pack and run 2 cars then you can, or you can stay as a free member and run one.

Best of all if you change leagues, you keep your team at all times, development and all :-)

Thanks for that Scorpiion, wasn't aware of point one re the setting up a 2 team league. That may also possibly mean that 100% races can be run rather than the 50% limitation of a Free Member setting up a league, will have to check that out from your above link.

Point to remember with the last point regarding keeping your development. That is true but you may finish the previous season with say 80% R & D on your parts in development but the new season will drop back to whatever is showing in your next season development colomn; therefore start of next season you may drop back to say 25%, all part of the challenge of Managing your team from one season to another. At what stage of the season do you start using the slider to put research more into next seasons development etc

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm

@Arckon

Yes it does mean that races could be run at 100% for free members too.
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Here we go all. Good luck to all
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by ausfez Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 pm

still have relatively no idea how this works.
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeaahh Semper GP in the points!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:26 pm

2D is well worth it if you are wanting the full manager experience. Only $8 Aussie per month. I am never getting rid of it.
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:20 am

Well done Semper, points in first race must be happy with that.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by fast_baba Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 am

Last place. Great start. lol.

For anyone else who was looking at the 2D, you know when you click on your car and you get the little image down the bottom much like the damage indicator on Forza, did anyone else's wings appear a light yellow colour? Just wondering if that was normal or did I pick up some slight damage or something??

Also for those who didn't use the 2D its pretty good and you get 3 free trials if you're a free member so check it out.
fast_baba
fast_baba
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 am

fast_baba wrote:Last place. Great start. lol.

For anyone else who was looking at the 2D, you know when you click on your car and you get the little image down the bottom much like the damage indicator on Forza, did anyone else's wings appear a light yellow colour? Just wondering if that was normal or did I pick up some slight damage or something??

Also for those who didn't use the 2D its pretty good and you get 3 free trials if you're a free member so check it out.

You must of picked up some damage. Mine was normal.
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Arckon wrote:Well done Semper, points in first race must be happy with that.

Yep pretty chuff, my objective was only to finish im looking forward to the next race!
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Can everyone please list the name of there Race Teams, I am having trouble working out the OZFM guys from the others. So far I think there is:

DemoN Motorsport
Burzum Racing
Tasty Motorsport
Arckon Racing
Semper GP
Triple Eight Race Engineering

From next week I will begin doing post updates here on forum as the race progresses.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Tonights race I saw the driver from NGL Motorsports had a puncture only about a quarter of the way around the track. It was a long lap home for the rest of the lap to the pits for him and must have further damaged the wheel as pit crew had a delay as there was a problem changing the tyre.

I am trying to work out what team Rubber Down pitstop/race strategy is they have killed the field in the last 2 races by a good 15 seconds plus. Have an idea to try for next weeks strategy, will see how it works soon enough I suppose.

DemoNsport Motor Racing finished in the points in tonights race in Malaysia as did myself Arckon Racing with a 3rd place podium position.

For a lot of you blokes just starting out be patient for the first few races, once you go up a level or two you can start building better facilities eg: wind tunnels etc, which will help further with development, and more importantly I think the next level allows you to build a facility which allows you to clone parts from the teams you spy on. This will improve you R&D on that part significantly, provided you as manager are willing to spend the dosh to do so.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Arckon wrote:Can everyone please list the name of there Race Teams, I am having trouble working out the OZFM guys from the others. So far I think there is:

DemoN Motorsport
Burzum Racing
Tasty Motorsport
Arckon Racing
Semper GP
Triple Eight Race Engineering

From next week I will begin doing post updates here on forum as the race progresses.

NGL Motorsports
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by fast_baba Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 am

Hawks GP

Much improved from race 1 for my driver, hopefully that's all my last place finishes behind me.
fast_baba
fast_baba
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

It was going oh so well. My pit strategy was working great. Coming into the final stint I was right behind the eventual race winner T Bauer with the 3 drivers ahead of us yet to pit.

Soft tires on and fuel calculated. Bring on the win or at least a podium finish.

Then....................................

I noticed I wouldn't have enough fuel to finish. This cant be right I calculated twice...................but didn't include the lap I was on.

Panic set in. Needed to stay in the top 3. Backed right off to the lowest pace setting but still no change. Final lap and I have 1L left. On the back straight and I can see the final corner, sitting in 3rd Place, then CLUNK.

Out of fuel......................................

The End
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Well some of the Highlights from the China Grand Prix,

Whacked with Burzum Racing had what I think is there best result this round only a few spots from taking some points.

Fast_baba's pit crew for Hawks GP had a problem on the 1st pit stop with a tyre change, costing valuable time.

Both Wilson and Scorpion for Triple Eight Engineering and NGL Motorsports respectively, ran out of fuel on the last lap, make sure you crunch those fuel #'s right next week guys.

I was determined to do something regarding the domination of Rubber Down racing with there 15 - 20 sec wins of the last two races. So experimented with a race and pitstop strategy hadn't tried before. It caused me to qualify 8th, but only just lost to Rubber Down Racing by 2.8sec's, so will try a slightly tweeked version of that strategy on Wednesday night to see if I can knock them off that top spot on the podium.

See you all Wednesday night for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Yeah bad luck there scorpion, I did a similar thing one race, thinking what was in the tank counted, was something like 5 litres in the tank I needed 10 so told them to put in 5 at the pitstop, thinking 5 + 5 = 10, quickly realised, you are telling them the total for the tank so they added none, had pit very next lap again.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah I just messed up the calculations. Should of just pitted with 1 lap to go and finished around 5th. Got cocky and wanted the podium too bad.
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am

Doh, I completely forgot about this last night, was tuning for Indy for tonight, followed by a couple of rounds of golf.

I will have to try and make amends on Wednesday night.

How did the rest of you go, I still don't know where I fininshed?

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:10 pm

I qualified 2nd and came 4th in the race. Still working on my car so would of been better with a better car. Good race overall.

Qualifying Results

IGP Manager League - Page 2 Q10

Race Results

IGP Manager League - Page 2 R10
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Okay guys i have a few questions about this, any help would be great!!

Why do i end up finishing the race with still wayy extra fuel when im calculating how much ill need? Say my engineer predicts ill use 3.9 per lap and its a 39 lap race i just go: 3.9x39=152.1, and running a 2 stop strat i then go: 152.1/3=50.7, so i start the race with 50.7 and fill up both stops 50.7 litres but im finishing with say 16 litres. Whats going wrong??

And are your setup values set to a base that i should begin testing on, or should i begin testing with my setup values all on 50?? ....like i have been Embarassed

sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't modify my testing settings to work out my strategy. Not sure if it even makes a difference.

I basically work it out the same as you do, however I am using 2D so I can change on the fly during the race (highly recommended). Usually I work it out over the first 5 laps and then calculate the rest of my race from there.

I think the advisers state what the default litres per lap will be for the track. As far as I know it doesn't take into account the stats of your fuel supplier or the pace setting you use for the race.

The best thing is after this season, you can go back and look at the last race stats and work out your strategy from there. Think of this game as "franchise mode" as apposed to "season mode". Multi season planning is needed.

Hope I helped :-)
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 pm

Q1 Patch is now live. Full details are not up yet but this is what I have noticed so far:

* Car Livery Designer is now working. Design the look of you car

* Practice has been enhanced. Live weather and Lap times added and can be reviewed. Seems that drivers keep the same feedback as their previous run to make most of your settings hit the "Feels Good" feedback.

* A full Game Guide or manual can be found here

Will update more as I find it
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:10 pm

Also over the next few weeks a "Warm-up Lap" and "Race Flags" system will be introduced.

Bring on the safety cars lol
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorpiion4984 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:15 pm

My new "Team Page" and livery :-) (turns out its for paying members only)

IGP Manager League - Page 2 Ngl_mo10
Scorpiion4984
Scorpiion4984
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next