OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters

+2
original skin
FrankTank
6 posters

Go down

Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters Empty Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters

Post by FrankTank Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:25 am

I've been having a go at rivals mode - and I've noticed that when I use the 6+1 shifters I can never get the car off the line properly..

I don't normally notice, because I'm terrible at launching a car, but it's really obvious in the Top Gear rivals challenge, because is a stationary start.

If I don't have the shifter plugged in when I turn the wheel on the game will automatically manage the clutch at launch. If the shifter is plugged in then the game makes you use the clutch to launch, but I can't manage to do it fast enough to keep up to a game assisted launch, and if you try and start to release the clutch before the 3,2,1 countdown is finished you just get gearbox damage, and it's even slower.

Does anybody have any insight? is there something I'm missing - or am I just terrible at using the clutch off the line?
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters Empty Re: Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters

Post by original skin Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:44 am

It's probably your throttle control that is at fault, not clutch.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters Empty Re: Launching with Fanatec - clutch + shifters

Post by mcrow5 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

original skin wrote:It's probably your throttle control that is at fault, not clutch.

this is probably your problem Frank.

with the SIARPC top gear challenge, i just floor it, i do not back off the start and have found it to be pretty good so far.
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 am

If you use the sequential shifter then it will just take off fine without the clutch on GO, but if you use the H pattern shifter, you will need the clutch to launch or you will damage the gearbox. I have found with the H pattern the race starts in N so you need to shift into 1st then drop the clutch on the GO.

If you have the H pattern shifter attached and you are using the paddles then you will have the same problem as you do with the H pattern only.

Using simulation steering I have pretty much gone to the paddle shifters, bit hard to take you hand off the wheel even for a second, I am constantly correcting something lol.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

i have a quick question on this subject can u ride the clutch like real driving or is it only engaged or disengaged cause this will be a big reason of getting a fanatec wheel and cluuby pedals set

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:50 pm

You can ride the clutch ... And it doesn't wear out Smile

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

cheers dazza with that news i think ill get one to teach the missus how to drive without riding the clutch will save me $$ in the long run Razz

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:58 pm

RRT_DemoN wrote:cheers dazza with that news i think ill get one to teach the missus how to drive without riding the clutch will save me $$ in the long run Razz

Good luck with that, lol.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Dazza4610 wrote:If you use the sequential shifter then it will just take off fine without the clutch on GO, but if you use the H pattern shifter, you will need the clutch to launch or you will damage the gearbox. I have found with the H pattern the race starts in N so you need to shift into 1st then drop the clutch on the GO.

Thanks Dazza - I'm pretty sure that it's the shifting from N to 1st that is causing my issues.... Mostly because the game takes no notice of the position of the shifter before the GO.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down