OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which raceview do you guys use online??

+16
fast_baba
Envy The Best
Dazza4610
TEEROY 34
Reaps
NoRecoil
The Jester Race
Don Stylz
RRT_DemoN
iWolf
FrankTank
surferofthemind
xPPRTxAGROV8x
Sly Dux
OctarineDream
original skin
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which raceview do you guys use online?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which raceview do you guys use online??

Post by Waffelz Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Outside view, strictly for tandems, but I'll have a wheel soon so incar I'll go

Waffelz
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Which raceview do you guys use online?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which raceview do you guys use online??

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

All ways in-car. I just have a better feel for it, and it feels more real. I am never really able to drive as well without it. I can do well on the bonnet view, but still just don't get that feel for the car, whether it's over or understeering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Depends on the car. If it has decent mirrors, in car. If not? Bonnet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Toydrift Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Cockpit for direct feel of cars behaviour and full immersementismnessdom..

Toydrift
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 am

When i drift, its Far chase view simply because you need to be aware of everything around the car from other racers to walls and pitch of car. while doing a general, not too competitive race i'll use in-car view but if its starting to get tough i'll switch to bumper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 pm

I use the bonnet cam. I struggle with vision when I'm in the car. I suppose if I had a wheel i would have more motivation to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by sillybilly77 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:57 pm

bumper cam for the win always. you seem more road and have less distractions. I don't race much online, if I do I just try to use mirrors to get out of peoples way rather than try a different view to try to be racing closer to them.

Am I the only one that is STILL bitter that they moved the tacho over to the corner after FM2??

come one people, the pseudo standard screen-centered double gauge HUD introduced by GT (?) is significantly better then the old school HUD in the corner thing. Your eyes can quickly scan back to the gauges from focus are at the center of the screen easily...

... and in transitioning from FM1 (stadard double gauge) to FM2, turn 10 actually developed one of the best bumper cam HUD layouts. The combination HUD with the Tacho right in the center of the screen clustered with an offset speedo was absolute genius.

I find that the switch to FM3 really frustrated me - I felt that the most intense immersion of the game was detrimentally affected by that design/development decision. I guess I eventually had (almost) got over it.

I wish they would bring an option to bring it back.

It is a hassle when this happens :

Which raceview do you guys use online?? - Page 2 Forza_10

I know it was FM3 but this could happen in FM4 too!

Those with keen eyes might recognise 'Road America' and that blue Supra GT car - ah that competition was well setup and run, did I mention the last couple of laps of one of my runs impeded by not being able to see the damn tacho? (it might have actually just been a practise run, although it does say post race...)

sorry might have got off topic slightly there with the rant on the HUD eh.

sillybilly77
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Since playing forza 4, with the graphics and the feel - there is no way I'll switch from in car view. Was driving around in an old mustang last night, was a blast to drive!

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm

getting more used to the in car view......definately better than FM3
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2