OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which raceview do you guys use online??

+16
fast_baba
Envy The Best
Dazza4610
TEEROY 34
Reaps
NoRecoil
The Jester Race
Don Stylz
RRT_DemoN
iWolf
FrankTank
surferofthemind
xPPRTxAGROV8x
Sly Dux
OctarineDream
original skin
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which raceview do you guys use online?? Empty Which raceview do you guys use online??

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi guys,

Just out of interest, was wondering what view do you guys use when racing online? I personally always love using the in car view, since I'm using a wheel, but sometimes it's difficult to see how close the other cars are to you.

cheers.

Back to top Go down

Which raceview do you guys use online?? Empty Re: Which raceview do you guys use online??

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 pm

In Forza 3 I've always used bumper view as I found the cockpit view too restrictive. The cockpit view in Forza 4 is much better.

Back to top Go down

Which raceview do you guys use online?? Empty Re: Which raceview do you guys use online??

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 pm

on the bonnet, for some reason it gives me a sense of direction

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:44 pm

In-car always.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:46 pm

Bonnet. I find it hard to get a grip on where the sides of the car are when using in-car view. Sometimes I use the behind the car view for the first corner, cos you can see everyone around you more easily, but it feels like a toy car that way.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:10 am

+1 for bonnet cam. in car is looking good for forza4 but
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xPPRTxAGROV8x Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:01 am

I have used the out of car view on any driving game for as long as I remember, would like to use the in car view but I hate not being able to look around, if I had kinnect forza 4 would change that lol

xPPRTxAGROV8x
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:47 am

Bonnet view for me.
In-car is ok on some cars but the seat position and varied field of view on others gets a bit frustrating and claustrophobic. Adjusting the view using the multi screen option on FM3 seems to disable the right sticks ability to look around.
Even though I have a decent sized tv I will stick with the bonnet view. Seems to give a more natural view considering the distance I sit from the screen.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am

Generally it's the in-car view for me..

There are a couple of cars that I'll switch back to the bonnet, just because the view is too restrictive - the Peugeot 908 springs to mind, and the GT500 GTRs aren't much better.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 am

Buumper view always in FM3, but I'll be looking at driver view and head tracking in FM4.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

bonnet view as i feel like im more in control

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Stylz Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:16 am

60% in car view.. 40% bonnet..

unless the incar view has minimal vision e.g v8 supercars..

this is possibly why my times are so slow.. ???
Don Stylz
Don Stylz
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by The Jester Race Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 am

Incar view for me. I tried to use the bonnet view for a while but anything other than incar view just feels wrong to me.
The Jester Race
The Jester Race
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:09 am

In car for me as well. I tried bonnet and bumper but just feel more comfortable in cockpit.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:23 pm

In car - takes a bit to learn where the corners of the car are but once you get it down pack you can run very close to other cars around you
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Yeah another In car view here too :-)
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Seems to be close between 'in car' and 'bonnet view' Very Happy

Does anyone know if there will be more flexibility in FM4 for zooming out in the incar view? Or will be the same with the multiscreen change like 3?

I only recently bought a new slim with kinect, so I can't wait to see how well it works when you move your head while I'm driving in car.

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:03 pm

behind car so i can see others
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:07 pm

DodgyAussie wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be more flexibility in FM4 for zooming out in the incar view? Or will be the same with the multiscreen change like 3?

Not sure - hopeing i can roll it back to 90 on Multi-screen like i had it in F3 though
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:11 pm

The multiscreen settings look the same (I saw them in a video somewhere). So I'd be surprised if you weren't able to make the same changes to the FOV...

Would be nice to have a little more flexibility though...
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Always used bumper view in FM3, but in the hours or so I played FM4 Demo, I used incar, and it seemed pretty good.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

In car view, no point in letting the detail go to waste, especially in FM4.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by fast_baba Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:39 pm

I use the bumper view because I think it gives the best sensation of speed. and you get a pretty handy rear-view mirror to boot.
fast_baba
fast_baba
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffelz Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Outside view, strictly for tandems, but I'll have a wheel soon so incar I'll go
Waffelz
Waffelz
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

All ways in-car. I just have a better feel for it, and it feels more real. I am never really able to drive as well without it. I can do well on the bonnet view, but still just don't get that feel for the car, whether it's over or understeering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next