OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up

+6
Lockbeard
darkracing
Mitch
Rooney 240780
Neilo05
sempeR
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up - Page 2 Empty Re: PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up

Post by Steeljockey Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:49 pm

Small problem Sly, just had a request for the last spot yesterday from another bloke. Need to confirm if he is in or not.

However, not everyone might make every week, so could be room if you want to be on standby. Not sure how Woody wants to go on this. It's possible you could get a run every week anyway.

And the first race will not be until Sunday week, last one of January.

Either way, did you want to pick a number just in case?

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up - Page 2 Empty Re: PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up

Post by Steeljockey Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Dargs74 # TBA, full grid + 1, first in first served on the night

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:19 am

Sorry jock but I don't agree with the "first in first served" business.  I'm a shift worker, predominantly overnights, and I adjust several aspects of my life (the main one being my sleep) to accommodate my racing. I'm not going to be too happy if I've forced myself to wake up early only to find the room is full when I've already committed myself.

Basically I work every Sunday.  If it's not overnights, it's a 14hr day shift which may not see me home right on time to jump on as soon as the room's open.  Again, I wouldn't be happy to be bumped due to these circumstances, especially when I believe I have a pretty good track record (excuse the pun) of turning up on the night.

If someone has a bit of a no show rep then that may be different.
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steeljockey Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:48 am

I understand where you are coming from, and though we could restrict the room to the first 16 that signed up, Sly would end up missing out. The sign up is now closed at 17, and I know at least one entrant could be a bit hit and miss due work commitments and another getting home just in time to make the second practice session. I'm hoping everyone turns up, but past experience, and Woody's too in conversations with him, there is a good likely a couple may be too busy too make it. Either way, we have a contingency plan if by some miracle all 17 show up. The first session is a long one to allow people to join as they are able and fit in some practice before hitting the track in serious. There will be a practice session on Tuesday evening, for a go at the qualifying system, a meet and greet, and get used to racing around new drivers from 3 different forums. I'm expecting a good show from the more dedicated entrants.

Ideally we could allow a much bigger field but Xbox limitations prevent that. If we get a good following and numbers increase more in following seasons we might have to look at mutliple rooms, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilo05 Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:17 am

Goomf wrote:Sorry jock but I don't agree with the "first in first served" business.  I'm a shift worker, predominantly overnights, and I adjust several aspects of my life (the main one being my sleep) to accommodate my racing. I'm not going to be too happy if I've forced myself to wake up early only to find the room is full when I've already committed myself.

Basically I work every Sunday.  If it's not overnights, it's a 14hr day shift which may not see me home right on time to jump on as soon as the room's open.  Again, I wouldn't be happy to be bumped due to these circumstances, especially when I believe I have a pretty good track record (excuse the pun) of turning up on the night.

If someone has a bit of a no show rep then that may be different.

Just to clarify things, the 1st in basis is just to get people committing to the upcoming round each week. As some may not think they can make it due to personal activities should just post a maybe in the round thread. All the members replying with an in will be registering their commitiment into that round. If you know you can't make the round we appreciate a simple no posted as this will make things easier for myself and Jockey when organising the invites on the night.
Neilo05
Neilo05
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steeljockey Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:28 pm

StuWard has picked #40 to run the series with. Don't know what team that is

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Steeljockey Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Dargs74 will be in #21 Marsh Team Racing

And tyre wear should be x3 Woody, think there's a misprint in there somewhere.

Steeljockey
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Updating my entry with #10 Point
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

PCARS - RUF Cup information and sign up - Page 2 Empty Sign me up

Post by Carlosmedrano Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:30 pm

My gamer tag is LuckierJoker330, I'm on xbox and I'm a really clean and fast racer. I would like to join this league please

Carlosmedrano
L-Plater

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilo05 Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Unfortunately we only accept members that currently live in either Australia or New Zealand due to our poor internet services we have we have found that limiting to only Aus and NZ our members have less lag issues.
Neilo05
Neilo05
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2