OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

360 Racing wheels on XB1 - watch and cry

+9
mad DANNO 29
Dazza4610
RU four 86
Rinkly
Mitch
TEEROY 34
Dektra
Sleuth 101
lakerslegend
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

360 Racing wheels on XB1 - watch and cry  - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 Racing wheels on XB1 - watch and cry

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 pm

lakerslegend wrote:
SG1 RAZOR wrote:Hmm guess we wont be the only ones crying, and looking through different forum and post be spewing if you cancelled your pre order for X1 I'd think, ok so they might get drive club to work but that's delayed to next year...

Prob gonna save up for a new wheel I think. Thrustmaster for Xbox1?

(quoted from else where)

No ps3 steering wheel support for ps4, quoted from the official ps4 faq:

Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?
Generally speaking, no. However, at launch, users will be able to use these controllers if a specific game title allows it to be used within the game. This decision is upon the game developer and will vary from game to game.

I read that as the  older stuff will work with the ps4 and a driving game with wheel support gets it done

In contrast the X1is flat out not compatible with older stuff end of story ... developer or not .
Yeah I just think its a very grey area, and after reading all the PS4 release options on the console and in some cases lack of and then looking at the release game wise for launch, and then reading the constant whining bagging of next gen xbox and people abandoning the Xbox1 cause of non compatability of xbox 360 peripherals, I actually find it very amusing "Will PS3 peripherals such as fighting sticks and steering wheels work with PS4?
Generally speaking, no." but of course there is the "However" part.

Be a great world if all was good with current wheels for next gen consoles but I plan on having my next gen console (xbox1) for a long time(till another gen is released anyway), so if another wheel is needed guess I will just have to suck it up and move forward and get 1. Forza, F1, Pcars, make having a compatible wheel worthwhile for me. Just need to save.

Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

360 Racing wheels on XB1 - watch and cry  - Page 2 Empty Re: 360 Racing wheels on XB1 - watch and cry

Post by TEEROY 34 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Sooo direct response from Fanatec Support via FM.net forum

"until after console release" being the focus
Dont sell out just yet people

Fanatec Statement Regarding FM5/Xbox One Compatibility
Locked Favorites Contact
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/10230

Submitted by Thomas on Fri, 08/23/2013 - 08:52.

"A few people are wondering why we are so quiet.
We will not make the mistake again to mention new things too early. We
will announce something new if production is about to start. We are
working on several products for several platforms and every one of our
new products will set a new benchmark as they did in the past.

We are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers
by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot
confirm that before the final consoles are released.

Thomas"

FM.net Fanatec Support Thread - May The Force Feedback Be With You

Link to forum
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PostID=6211337

There is also some noise floating about that the 360 is connectable to the XB1 via HDMI and that it may be possible to play the 360 through the XB1, using the 360 compatable peripherals. all unconfirmed but this is coming out of the Rock Band forums where people are in same situ with their drum kits/guitars/keyboards etc etc.

I LIVE IN HOPE!!!!!

TEEROY 34
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Look at the date Teeroy!
You're only a couple of months late...
https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t3985-fanatec-compatability-xbox-one#80423

headspin roller 
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:34 pm

i know the date ya dork, and the date is irrelevant.
thats the only fanatec response ive seen anywhere.
so for the small and weak minded like OD hahahahaha i will further clarify the intent of my previous post.

We are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers
by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot
confirm that before the final consoles are released.

hence it seems (using the word very loosely) that they are interested in looking after their existing customers/clients. With this in mind i feel even more comfortable than i did prior to finding this comment that we will be able to continue to use our existing hardware on the XB1, just not on release.
so you guys who want a real sim racing game and then want to use a plastic wheel with no clutch pedal on day one go right ahead, see you soon.
I will note than being from WA i am use to living in the past so its not that big a deal for me. clown 

TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:50 am

Hey Teeroy .... Great find on that info . Atleast we know there atleast gonna try .

Im also from the Land that time forgot .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by dale teague Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Looking at EB website this morning & Thrustmaster wheel was there,but this arvo it has disappeared. Wonder if it`s now not avaliable at launch? Fingers still crossed for a Fanatec result, we will hopefully find out some info on Friday.

dale teague
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Quoted from Fanatec on FB

XBox 360 Wheels on XBox One
So far there is no adapter solution to make an Xbox360 wheels compatible with Xbox One and it is unsure if this will be possible.
But there is a high chance that you can use your pedals, rims and shifters with a potential new Fanatec wheel for Xbox One although we cannot confirm a launch date yet. This will save you a lot of money and you can keep using the equipment you prefer.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 am

hmm i checked thier FB site today and didnt see that on there, i did send them a PM asking for a little insight into what ot expect or not expect so i could allow some time for xmas wish lists to be distributed to my in laws. maybe this helped prompt something (im likely not the only one asking im sure).

anyway looks like some kind of win...and a bit of a loss.....i think??
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:24 am

Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by LATENT IMAGE Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Chaps, I emailed Fanatec and this was their reply today.

My Message to Fanatec:

Shop ID: 4
Select appropriate Fanatec Department: Technical Department
Subject: Xbox One
Message: Hi Fanatec, I have the CSR wheel and pedals for the Xbox 360 (which I have just sold), will it work with the Xbox One (which I have just ordered)? Please advise.

Fanatec's Reply:

Fanatec Webshop

6:24 PM

to me, CRM-EMAIL-TRAC.

Hello,

So far there is no adapter solution to make an Xbox360 wheels compatible with Xbox One and it is unsure if this will be possible.
But there is a high chance that you can use your pedals, rims and shifters with a potential new Fanatec wheel for Xbox One although we cannot confirm a launch date yet. This will save you a lot of money and you can keep using the equipment you prefer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Fanatec_Gameshop – Sales Department

Claudia Faltermeier

Endor AG

Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut

Telefon: +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax: +49 (871) 9221-221

Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail:webshop@fanatec.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487

Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), Andrés Semsey, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Andreas Potthoff
LATENT IMAGE
LATENT IMAGE
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Fanatec

Why is it so difficult to make your current Xbox 360 wheels compatible to the new console?

Several people have raised their concerns and we understand your disappointment but we also hope you see that there is nothing Fanatec could have done to make your wheels compatible to the new console. Technically it is probably possible to make an adapter but any device connecting to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One (incl. this adapter) needs to have a security chip module which can only be purchased from MS. So without the permission of MS we could only "crack" the security chip and this is not only illegal but would certainly ruin our relationship to MS and other platform owners.
And we were not able to "warn" anybody about this as up to this moment it is still possible that MS changes its mind like they did on other specs of the XB1 as well. It still can happen but we want to be fair and tell you that it is not likely to happen.
We never claimed that the wheels were compatible to Xbox one and please remember that all peripherals of the first Xbox did not work on Xbox 360 either.
But even if we were able to make such an adapter, the development costs would be significant as the XB1 uses a different force feedback protocol and in our wheels the Xbox protocols and PC protocols are separated and use different communication (wireless vs. USB). Given the limited market for such a device, such an adapter would be quite expensive.
Microsoft has good reasons to skip the backwards compatibility as this allowed to implement a completely new and more powerful communication protocol. Of course they are happy to sell new controllers to you and earn money on licenses but keep in mind that a console is about plug and play. MS is very strong to provide a clear standard for controllers and make sure that all controllers work with all games of a certain genre. On other consoles it can happen that your brand new and official controller works only with one game because the communication protocols are not clearly defined from the beginning.

The only thing we can offer is to develop a wheel where you can at least use your peripherals so you don’t have to buy a complete new setup. And when this wheel is ready, we will make an attractive upgrade offer for all existing customers for sure.

This was a pretty long post with a lot of inside information but I hope you can understand the situation a bit better now.
I really appreciate your support and patience.

Best regards
Thomas
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 am

nice! at least we all know, I'll be hanging til the new wheel comes at the FM4 malt shop looking for The King so we can race Pink Slips
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinkly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 am

XBOX ONE WHEEL
http;//www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition
Rinkly
Rinkly
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 am

SG1 RAZOR wrote:Fanatec

The only thing we can offer is to develop a wheel where you can at least use your peripherals so you don’t have to buy a complete new setup. And when this wheel is ready, we will make an attractive upgrade offer for all existing customers for sure.
the only thing thats going to make us more $$$ than an adaptor is......

In my option, a bit of false economy, buy a new wheel keep your old peddles and shifters, hmm. very hard to sell a wheel without peddles ect. buying a complete new setup allows you to sell the complete old one!

Ill keep racing FM4 for a while..

PS. As fanatec knew this all along, why havnt that already made a new wheel, even if they are not the official licensed Launch Day supplier. It could be ready to hit the shelves the following day.

RU

Last edited by RU four 86 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cos i can)
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Was doing a bit of looking around for prices of the new TX wheel given the T500 add ons work with it even though I probably will wait for a new wheel from Fanatec.

Anyway From amazon TX wheel $425.49 delivered

Australia Gamesmen $667.75 delivered or $649.95 pickup

Also of note this is budget delivery and costs go up with express delivery and insurance ect.

But then again a clear $200+ saving from buying international. How is it really possible to support Australians and there jobs in Australia when we can outside source our country for the same product at such a big saving. Sure warranty is pain but still achievable, even with warranty and buying a cheap adapter to support our electrical sockets  its still a big big gap in price differences. Evil or Very Mad
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 pm

Pretty sure I will be ordering the new Fanatec XBox One wheel from where ever in the world lists it for sale first.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:24 pm

+1 Dazza, just hope I need the wheel only and can use existing pedals/shifter

Anyone keen on setting up a wheel only series for the FM4 wheel users who will be left when everyone else goes to play with their joysticks on FM5.

How anyone is contemplating the steering wheels currently on the market with no clutch pedal and shifter is beyond me, don't do it fellas.

going back to the days of old where we used a bit of sponge jammed behind the brake pedal for pressure is not cool
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:32 pm

Times money for Fanatec, to much time to produce a new wheel for xbox one  and make redily accesible by all will cost them I think.

Also there is shifters and clutches and f1 rims and other interchangable rims for the new xbox one wheels already. For example any add on the T500 wheel currently has available is compatible with the TX wheel.  Personally I still want to use my Fanatec pedals and imagine there next wheel will be just as good as whats availble now but like I said times money for Fanatec, see if they take to long to produce there next gen console wheel I probably will have moved to the TX wheel and cut my losses and wait time by selling my current Fanatec gear and going with thrustmaster, after all it is basically a T500 for the Xbox One..
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:19 pm

TEEROY 34 wrote:

Anyone keen on setting up a wheel only series for the FM4 wheel users who will be left when everyone else goes to play with their joysticks on FM5.
patience is a virtue Obi Wan-TBoy, I feel the Fanatec force strong in you!

Master Yoda-RU will post something before the earths sun sets in the west 4 times.

Master has just picked up his 360lt, 38 jet, 3 pumps monster spa and his time is taken u contemplating new water games! Not those kind of showers TBoy!

All seriousness now, it's only a mth to Xmas, but I was thinking of doing just that after the GT series finishes next week, on a tuesday night, casual only as the lead up to Xmas screws thing a bit.

Will post something on the weekend

Yoda-RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:36 pm

starwars3 starwars 
Yeti 
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 pm

I knew this would end in tears . Microsoft compatibility issues usually do . No longer Watching and but still crying.

Still havin fun wirh FM4 Teeroy......maybe project cars on pc is calling us wheel users !

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 am

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 pm

FM4 is not over just yet. Many of us are keeping the 360 and FM4, how much play it will get after tomorrow is uncertain... With the wheel issue I can see a few more races running on FM4 to keep the community together.

I am sure I read somewhere that this would be the same issue on the PS4 (that is if the PS4 works) with all last generation hardware. Up to the developers to make them work was also in there somewhere. Might be kind of better news but for the racers here they have nothing to play anyway.

The wheel I have will never work on the ONE and that is something that I will just have to deal with. It has not seen much use anyway as it is a pain to drag out and set up. Happy to stick with the controller and the ol' M$ wheel can continue to collect dust.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:37 pm

If Fanatec want to continue as a company, I think they will need to produce an xbox one wheel. I will be getting one for sure. I will also keep my GT2 as a keep sake, it has been signed by CL and at a time that ment a lot to me. (Made a deal with him, he would take me for a hot lap when I could fit in the car... Tick!)

As for fm4, I won't be getting rid of the 360 any time soon, and will remain setup with my GT Pro race seat and GT2 until Fanatec releases a new wheel.

FM5, I will play with, can not see me joining any series races until I have a wheel, just can not simulate driving with a stick and buttons well enough to not run in to others... lol

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2