OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

profile/gamesave question & transfer

4 posters

Go down

profile/gamesave question & transfer Empty profile/gamesave question & transfer

Post by gud 0l stoner Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:12 pm

hey guy's

merry christmas to ya all, hope all is well for ya holidays

anyways, got a kinect & 250gig xbox for my 5 year old, but i'd like to use the kinect to get the no hands achievement on my FM4, and have a play with the headtracking

does anyone know how to transfer gamesave/profile or whatever via stick or this cloud save so i can get the achievement, will proberly just put it back onto my own xbox once done, i really just dont want to corrupt my save due to unicorns etc etc

do i just move all the save for the game that has my GT attached to it in the memory area at once?

a nice easy explanation would be nice, anyways you lot have a safe holiday aight!!!!

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

profile/gamesave question & transfer Empty Re: profile/gamesave question & transfer

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:33 pm

Im after the same, i just got my own XBox, and am unsure how to transfer my own profile. Im in sydney at the moment, so i dont have my other XBox which means id have to download it, which im sure you can do.

Cheers

Back to top Go down

profile/gamesave question & transfer Empty Re: profile/gamesave question & transfer

Post by mcrow5 Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:52 pm

with the new update you can download your profile to the cloud. this means you can access your profile on any xbox which you have downloaded it to.

just sign out on the console you want your profile on, then press download profile. go through the steps and you can access your profile on that xbox any time without the need to put it on a memory stick.
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:47 am

If you got your new console from a game shop (eg: EB or Game) they should be able to do the transfer onsite. Unsure of the cost. If you get on well with the shop manager they may even give you their transfer cable to borrow for the night. Just ask and see what they can do for you.

Does the Kinect that is pre-packed with the new 250GB XBox have all the extra cables to connect to the older 360? I know the stand-alone Kinect has all the cables. If so just plug it in to your 360, get the achievements and then give it back. No transfer required.

Transferring your profile or GT is very easy but to transfer your save files attached to you GT is not as easy. 16GB flash drive or the "cloud" could work but a full HDD transfer will take everything from 1 drive to the other (including all GT's and their save files).

I have read on FM.net that you can not use the "cloud" for FM4. People are getting the message that "the cloud does not support this game". Unsure if you can use it just to transfer the data from HDD to "cloud" then to HDD.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by gud 0l stoner Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 am

i decided to use a stick

in process i lost my gamesave

F'k it lmao, just lost everything, oh well, in future dont try tranfering to a new xbox, just start again

have now got a new GT

gud 0l stoner
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 am

Whats the new GT stoner? ill have to change it as friend space is limited
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down