OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE!

3 posters

Go down

*Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE! Empty *Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE!

Post by Mitch Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:53 pm

For those Xbox Preview members who are/may plan on opting for this update - forget it!

First, many have complained about the failures with downloading the update for a start, the common problem here is the download "freezing" at 80%. Apparantly takes multiple hard resets to properly download and complete installation.

Second thing - this is a wheel killer. If you own a wheel, don't bother c'os you'll be screwed. Whilst the Xbox guide button works, no other input on the wheel does. There is no patch or workaround known yet.
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

*Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE! Empty Re: *Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE!

Post by Coralon Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:22 am

I just got the latest update and alas my wheel now refuses to do anything. Have tried hard reboots, starting the console using the guide button on the wheel with no controller involved, standing on one foot while point west with a cat... nothing.

I am away for the next week so hopefully they fix it but a pain nonetheless.

Coralon
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

*Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE! Empty Re: *Windows 10 Xbox Update* - DO NOT OPT TO UPDATE!

Post by XYvSTUvYX Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Yeah the Mrs was telling me about how many people are having problems with it, do not recommend updating, stay well clear
XYvSTUvYX
XYvSTUvYX
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitch Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Yeah one fella I know has done a factory reset, and has give the preview program the boot
Mitch
Mitch
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Coralon Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 am

An update on this, some aspects not thoroughly tested yet but I wanted to share. The following steps get it working but only if you have kinect.

1. Ensure your wheel is plugged in and your are signed into the dashboard.
2. Turn off any controllers currently assigned to your profile.
3. Start Forza 6 with voice commands "Xbox go to Forza Motorsport 6".
4. Play.

If you have multiple profiles on your xbox or a password on your account it can be a little trickier as you need to turn the wireless controller on and off between steps but the key is that the game starts with no controller assigned.

As there is no controller assigned to your profile the xbox will auto dim after 15 minutes as it thinks no one is playing (I know, I know) so you just turn the controller on and move one of the sticks when it dims or between each race.

By no means a perfect solution but having literally bought a wheel 3 days before it was made an expensive door stop by the preview program, it works for me. The only other option right now is as Mitch pointed out, factory reset and start again which may not be an option for some people due to bandwidth limitations.

*Credit where its due, the idea to start the game with voice commands was from the official preview forums.

Coralon
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down