OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza 4 Title update

3 posters

Go down

Forza 4 Title update Empty Forza 4 Title update

Post by Envy The Best Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:18 pm

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood5/

The new title update addresses a number of issues for players who use 900-degree wheels like the Fanatec Forza Motorsport 4 CSR Wheel. First up is the so-called “Zero credit” bug, where users playing Forza 4 with a 900-degree wheel weren’t receiving credit or XP after finishing a race. This problem was created because of some anti-cheating measures we had in place. If our system didn’t detect more than a six-degree movement on the wheel in a single frame, we would invalidate that session and the result would be that the player would not receive credits or XP. Because of the fidelity of a 900-degree wheel, and the smoothness of so many hardcore sim drivers in Forza 4, it was easy to trigger our detection system by rarely (or, in some cases never) making more than a six-degree turn in a single frame. In essence, we were failing to reward our best drivers simply because they were so smooth behind the wheel.

With the title update, we’ve changed the detection logic to accurately support smooth driving with 900-degree wheels.

In addition, we’ve also addressed the issues with countersteering when playing with the 900-degree wheel. Previously while countersteering, the 900-degree wheel was inadvertently being mapped as a 270-degree wheel -– effectively a 3:1 ratio. This had nothing to do with simulation versus normal steering or speed-sensitive steering. This was a mapping bug.

After some intensive play-testing internally, we were able to completely isolate the countersteering bug identified by the community and have implemented a fix that keeps the wheel mapped as a 900-degree wheel under all conditions. The result of this change will be more consistent steering and countersteering, though catching a car when getting loose in corner will require more wheel input and better timing. In essence, it’s even more realistic than before and I believe it will add an even greater simulation challenge for our most advanced drivers.

Very important to note, as this caught me off guard more than once when playing in public lobbies last night since i had no idea it was changed. Another thing to note;

With this title update, we are temporarily removing the ability for certain cars to post times on the leaderboards while we investigate refinements to our Performance Index system that will allow us to once again admit these cars back in the mix. The affected cars:

1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1967 Dodge Coronet W023
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1992 Lancia Delta Integrale EV0
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

In addition to this temporary removal of these cars from posting leaderboard times, we will be wiping the leaderboard times of those cars across different leaderboards. In a future title update, we’ll be addressing the PI refinements in greater detail and once again allowing these cars to post leaderboard times. Stay tuned for more in the future.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Forza 4 Title update Empty Re: Forza 4 Title update

Post by FrankTank Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 pm

It's made an absolutely massive difference to the way that oversteer correction works with wheels with greater than 270 degrees rotation.

I've found myself completely unable to recover on more than one occasion - but I'm certain that I'll get used to the way that the counter steering works....at some stage.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:28 am

Yeah man, i thought there was something wrong with my wheel, i just speared off the road no matter how much lock i put on.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 am

FrankTank wrote:It's made an absolutely massive difference to the way that oversteer correction works with wheels with greater than 270 degrees rotation.

I've found myself completely unable to recover on more than one occasion - but I'm certain that I'll get used to the way that the counter steering works....at some stage.

Envy The Best wrote:Yeah man, i thought there was something wrong with my wheel, i just speared off the road no matter how much lock i put on.

+1.

I went out to do some practice in my Commodore and thought there was something wrong with my wheel. Reset the xbox, the wheel, nothing changed, and was thinking WTF?

Then read Forzanet about the patch and found Envys post above. Problem explained!
I think we'll find that retuning suspension will allow us to control a lot of the countersteer.
I started retuning my car and found increased spring rates helped to get the backend (sort of) under control. That should extend to all the other tunable suspension parts.
Time will tell.
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Been thinking about plonking some cash on a Fanatech Wheel. Got a couple of ole original xBox wheels which are getting to the end of thier lifespan, and way too many PC/PS3 compatible wheels.

Would be good to get rid of em all and find one good Fanatech Wheel/Pedal combo that works for the xBox/PS3/PC.

Would make Forza soo much better, and might improve my driving (wishful thinking).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down