OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series'

+2
Dazza4610
Dektra
6 posters

Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series' Empty Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series'

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 am

It has been tossed around that OZFM should have 2 or 3 main stay series, which have lap records and titleholders kept track of as a challenge for the next season. At the moment we have V8's (old spec/CotF) and the GT86 Cup lined up for a perpetual series, but i'm looking for some input on how we will determine lap records.

Do we accept dirty laps?

If so what are the guidelines governing what dirty laps are accepted?

How would we go about maintaining these standards?

Here's my proposition

A driver will be able to qualify for a lap record attempt under the following conditions:
 - The driver does not exceed the limitations of the track, this includes, but is not limited to cutting corners or over running exits.
 - The driver does not exceed track limits on the previous lap for the last 3 corners.
 - Dirty laps achieved through drafting will be allowed.
 - Their car adheres to the build specifications laid down by the series organiser.

To ensure an unbiased allocation of lap records the following measures would be put in place:
 - Everyone who participates in the series is obligated to save the replay at the end of each race.
 - Lap records would be ratified by a minimum of three separate people through viewing replays.
Suggestions welcome.
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series' Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series'

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:54 am

When you say drafting, will that include bump drafting with cosmetic damage? We were achieving some awesome times in an oval series we ran a while ago using bump drafting, at times 30kph faster along the straights.

Oh, lets bring back the ARSE series using the Indy cars... let me work on that for next year when more of us are playing FM5.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series' Empty Re: Forza Motorsport 5 Perpetual OZFM Series'

Post by NoRecoil Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 am

Main series will always have damage on (at least these ones anyway)

Im unsure if you can save replays now, but we could have a qualifying record (clean lap) and two lap records for the race (1 clean and 1 dirty marked with a !)

In most cases a drafted lap wont give to much extra time so the qualifying lap (clean lap) could be used as a base marker.

ie: if your 2 seconds faster then qualifying then your corner cutting.

Besides we've always been fairly hard on corner cutters anyway, and most the people on here are fairly good sportsman about it.
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:05 am

Dazza4610 wrote:When you say drafting, will that include bump drafting with cosmetic damage?  We were achieving some awesome times in an oval series we ran a while ago using bump drafting, at times 30kph faster along the straights.  
I see no issues with bump drafting on oval tracks, but not in circuit races. After all. How many times do you see two V8s bump drafting Conrod?

NoRecoil wrote:Main series will always have damage on (at least these ones anyway)
Most certainly. As they are all circuit races and will be slightly more serious than our average series of past.

NoRecoil wrote:Im unsure if you can save replays now, but we could have a qualifying record (clean lap) and two lap records for the race (1 clean and 1 dirty marked with a !)

In most cases a drafted lap wont give to much extra time so the qualifying lap (clean lap) could be used as a base marker.

ie: if your 2 seconds faster then qualifying then your corner cutting.
You can indeed save replays in this game. Just no gifting as yet. Hence the suggestion of everyone saving it.

NoRecoil wrote:Besides we've always been fairly hard on corner cutters anyway, and most the people on here are fairly good sportsman about it.
While it is true we've been pretty hard on then (with good reason) we will likely see an influx of new faces with the console switch. And we'd still have to teach them to roll over and sit.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Can I just clarify but is a dirty lap called so on here purely based on the way forza labels a lap dirty? Not sure if it's just me but I have sometimes found that on FM5 its possible to take fairly big bites at insides of corners and still have the lap clean. Is it fine to just go by the age old rule of keeping 2 wheels on the track at all times?

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Personally. I think with the coming of a new console should come an update to our Code of Conduct as well as refining what we class as the track limitations. I'm of the opinion that we should start enforcing ripple strips as being the furthest a tyre can go. If the tyre goes over the ripple strip, it should count as exceeding the track limit. At least for lap records anyway
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Clean laps ffs. If you run wide and it stays clean it's a clean lap. Who is going to spend hours on end trawling through replays to check and see if someone dropped half a tire over the edge of a ripple strip or a white line?
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Yep would have to agree with Semper...  a lot of work that would get old very quick to sift through hours of replays to verify a lap time.  Just use, if the game say clean it is clean.  The only issue I see with that is the game say dirty lap if you gain assistance through drafting.  So maybe a dirty lap leader board and a clean lap leader board as determined by the game.

The other thing to consider when viewing replays (and I am only going by what happened in FM4) what one persons replay sees another persons may not.  All too many times we would have to review an incident only to see that what one person sees another does not whether that be to due to lag of what ever...

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:20 pm

sempeR wrote:Clean laps ffs. If you run wide and it stays clean it's a clean lap. Who is going to spend hours on end trawling through replays to check and see if someone dropped half a tire over the edge of a ripple strip or a white line?
Dazza4610 wrote:Yep would have to agree with Semper...  a lot of work that would get old very quick to sift through hours of replays to verify a lap time.  Just use, if the game say clean it is clean.  The only issue I see with that is the game say dirty lap if you gain assistance through drafting.  So maybe a dirty lap leader board and a clean lap leader board as determined by the game.
It wouldn't require many hours of trawling. You'd generally only have to look at 2/3 drivers fastest laps in order to determine the fastest. All it would take is a little initiative by drivers to roughly pinpoint their fastest laps. with a 3/4 lap window. That's 10 minutes of viewing tops for most tracks. Many hands make light work.
The reason I've suggested the inclusion of some dirty laps is the fact that you still get a dirty lap if someone drafts you. Imagine being on a blinder of a lap, 0.300 up on the old lap record and coming onto the last straight. The guy behind you drafts you, voiding your lap. It's not your fault, you've done everything by the books, and just because someone else gets an advantage over you, you are punished.

Dazza4610 wrote:The other thing to consider when viewing replays (and I am only going by what happened in FM4) what one persons replay sees another persons may not.  All too many times we would have to review an incident only to see that what one person sees another does not whether that be to due to lag of what ever...
Hence the 3 person ratifying. It may only be one person finding the lap and then asking 2 other people to go look at it. It could even be done by the person who is looking to have their lap verified. They could search through the replay by them selves to find their fastest lap and then nominate the lap to be reviewed. It's really not going to take that long.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:10 pm

Oh someone drafted you on your fast lap? Bad luck.

Seriously.

Having a fastest laps board for three championship for guys to reference is great. Keep it to clean fastest laps overall, qual and race. Done.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:20 pm

sempeR wrote:Oh someone drafted you on your fast lap? Bad luck.

Seriously.

Having a fastest laps board for three championship for guys to reference is great. Keep it to clean fastest laps overall, qual and race. Done.
Fair enough.

Building from that, If you run a lap time fairly similar to your clean qualifying time in the race should we accept it as the lap record? Or just leave it to whoever can get a clean lap in?
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Do we accept dirty laps? No

If so what are the guidelines governing what dirty laps are accepted? Forza says what is and isn't dirty, unless of course it goes against our code of conduct.

How would we go about maintaining these standards? Again, Forza says what is and isn't clean, unless it violates our CoC. Race participants report potential cheating, as per normal.

This thread is retarded. Yes

Jokes aside, fair enough our code of conduct may need some updating, and things may need further clarification. Lets discuss that instead.

It is unfortunate that most racing laps are "dirtied" by draft, and everybody in the race has a very high chance of not getting their fastest lap recorded. Maybe the boards should be for qual only? But that woukdnt be fair on the one guy who pulled a sick clean lap in the race... Lets just not over complicate this Smile
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Sooo a little off topic but how do you save multiplayer replays. Pretty sure you can only save single player races at the moment.

Oh and i agree with sempr clean laps is the only option. Why cant quali be the benchmark? You will never get clean laps from races except for the guys that bolt from the pack in front. God knows i will never put one down cos i'm always bangin on someones bumper in a race or vice versa Cool 
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:12 pm

So just go with qualifying standard?
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:41 pm

After talking to a couple guys, iv put a few ideas together to create a super idea. With our powers combined...

Two boards
1. Qualifying lap records: the official lap records. Clean laps only accepted.

2. Race lap records: unofficial lap records. Dirty and clean laps accepted ( I still have an issue with this tho, as blatantly grass bashed fast laps could appear atop of the boards if not checked )

Who else would like to add to/modify this? INPUT PEOPLE RAAAAAHHHH!!!!
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:49 am

sempeR wrote:After talking to a couple guys, iv put a few ideas together to create a super idea. With our powers combined...

Two boards
1. Qualifying lap records: the official lap records. Clean laps only accepted.

2. Race lap records: unofficial lap records. Dirty and clean laps accepted ( I still have an issue with this tho, as blatantly grass bashed fast laps could appear atop of the boards if not checked )

Who else would like to add to/modify this? INPUT PEOPLE RAAAAAHHHH!!!!
1. rockband
2. rockband (however, here is a thought) Still remain "unofficial lap records" most of the time these will be done in race conditions, so the person who sets the lap, claims it with Dektra, NoRecoil, and Co (the men who are going to look after this) by sharing a replay. It will then be up to anyone else in that race or someone who wants to view the race to lodge a protest to the claim. This way the leaderboard keepers are not having to sift threw trying to verify, it would only be done if there was a dispute to the lap time claim.

But I do think this is getting a whole lot harder than it needs to be. Just do number 1, and the game does that for us.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down