OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Comparison Thread

+5
surferofthemind
Sleuth 101
JamieWhincup#1
MadRacer38
NoRecoil
9 posters

Go down

The Comparison Thread Empty The Comparison Thread

Post by NoRecoil Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:34 pm

With the pending release of Forza 5 and Xboxone a topic has been brought up a few times in chat of late.

Is it going to be really worth forking out the cash for the new console/Forza if it isn't going to offer what we want form the game?

The plan is to make up a "pros and cons" to compare basically everything between 2 main options, this is for the guys that are not convinced/willing to fork out the Big dollars for what so far really isn't offering what we'd hoped for so far.

Just to be clear, this is not a "this is better thread" - At the moment its looking like the cheaper/better option for those of us who want more serious series racing is a PS3 and GT5, so lets compile some facts.

GT6 Pros

GT6 Cons

Forza 5 Pros

Forza 5 Cons

Last edited by NoRecoil on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

The Comparison Thread Empty Re: The Comparison Thread

Post by MadRacer38 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:53 pm

Shouldn't you compare Forza 5 and GT6?
GT6 will be a PS3 release anyway.
MadRacer38
MadRacer38
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:21 pm

GT6 would be better for comparison. It's released on December 6th on PS3.

https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t3963-gran-turismo-6
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:06 pm

i think i may have missed the point in the op - issues is that so far what is known about the xbox one and F5 vs getting a PS3 and GT5 (as GT6 is going to be out later this year and will run on both playstations)

So far from the facts know the PS3/GT5/Wheel option is looking like the better buy -  the major things i want to see in F5 have basically been confirmed as non existent as it appears Turn 10 are not looking to look after there current fan base.

Whatever way you look at it $600+ is a large sum to spend on a console, Forza 5 is the pending part as all the other games i play are available on the PS. If F5 isnt going to bing the goods i doubt ill get the new xbox.

More the issue is the way turn 10 left F4 to die with no major updates after Horizon. Another title they promised the world with

So far confirmed F5 has:
bad
*less cars
*no tyre wear
*autovista for all cars (who cares)
*they dont seem to care about what the "league" racers want
*fanatec not compatible

good
*2 new tracks (but what will we loose for them)
*Return of drivatar
*New Mustang
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:15 pm

My thought being it's the community you play racing games in that gives it the edge over others mostly, played gt5 meh its ok, Fm4 yeah had a few short falls but good community. Fm5 hmm will be better but still not a lot known, gt6 played the demo was ok but terrible when using a controller, my pick atm F1 but yeah slightly limited so hoping 2013 adds that bit extra.

I have the Ps3 but keep coming back to xbox, mainly the online multiplayer and ease of xbox controller and community is why.

Current Fanatec wheels are also not confirmed as not being compatible...All that's said is they Fanatec will announce if there current range of wheels will be compatible or not once the next gen consoles are released, I think there is a very good reason for this....

Havn really seen much in tyre fuel wear on FM5 but thought T10 was working on this and think it will be a better improvement over FM4, but would like to see the conformation that its the same as FM4? Maybe I missed it somewhere?

Pcars will possibly fill the gap on current racing games shortfalls and future ones also, while F1 2013 is looking to be very good also. A lot to think about.

Last edited by SG1 RAZOR on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:35 pm

GT6 will be a PS3 only title.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Still think there is not enough information on FM5 to ditch the reason we have this community.

I am sticking with the franchise. GT2 was an amazing game in its time and while I did get a chance to play GT3 once or twice it was not enough to swing me over. FM1 was what got me here and like FM5 launching on the ONE I purchased a 360 for FM2 many years ago. Happy to do it all over again.

I think you need to think about the overall cost that is deterring people from taking the next step. FM3 to FM4 was just a game but for FM4 to FM5 a whole new console will be needed, $600 on top of the game. For this I totally understand why some are holding out and looking at another options, something cheaper or with more features to make the cost of a new console worth it.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:16 pm

I have pre ordered both FM5 and XbOne and will continue with the franchise, if only for the painting... If the game does not offer the level of racing simulation that anyone who races is after then I can always pick up a copy of Project C.A.R.S to fulfill this basic human need
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:28 pm

I play both forza and gt. When im sitting down thinkn bout wot to play its f4 bout70% of the time.dont get me wrong gt5 is a good game its got the most amazing car and track list, night racing, weather, proper trye wear and much much more. But forza is the more FUN game to play for me
Gt5 i strongly recomend a good wheel, i scored a logetic g27 brand new inthe box for $100 off a sucker who needed money.

I think if u guys got a spare 400bucks a ps3 and wheel is a good buy gt6 is looking good and will keep the ps3 lifespan running a bit longer, i will upgrade to ps4 oneday but ther is still life in the ps3
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sly Dux Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:57 pm

I agree with sleuth. Its not so much the game, dont get me wrong I enjoy Forza a lot but its THIS community that I enjoy being part of. I consider a lot of the guys I regularly race and game with mates and I dont even know you in person. So wherever this community heads I will probably follow. I will probably just kick back for a while with the new f1 and gta5 and see how the next gen of racing games pans out before I make my final decision. Although I really hate playstation controllers.....
Sly Dux
Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Should be comparing GT6 and FM5.

I cant say iv kept up with every detail leaked about each game, but i did read the GTDon Greenawalt interview. Ive known Don since FM1, and he is just as hardcore about league racing as some of us here. Go check it out. His questions are our questions, and you won't like the answers.

If GT6 can deliver a racing game with features FM5 will not deliver, catch ya's.

But no doubt, PS Network wont ever bring me the feeling of community like XBL and OZFM have brought me. Friends, foes and rivals iv actually come to enjoy trolling and racing haha.

sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:15 am

Edited the OP to compare the new titles.

Interesting that a lot of comments are about the community you get with Forza, Thats us, dosen't matter what game we use as the base.

I will admit that in years gone by i have be quite Anit-PS and GT (since i got FM1) but from the current facts it looks like GT is winning the "league" style game as the current GT5 offers more in the form of tyre bits (compounds,wear etc).

If a number of us were looking at getting the GT series then we would have the same community behind the events/series.

It could even mean that OZFM steps in a direction that caters for both games, So Forza keep its regular nights and GT starts up on others.

Its good that we are having an open discussion about this, i know there is a lot of people currently sitting on the fence waiting for the final reports on both games.

If you have a point to add to either side of the fence please add it as a bullet point after your post and i will begin compiling the Pros/Cons
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down