OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series.

2 posters

Go down

Multi Class Endurace Series:

Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. I_vote10100%Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. I_vote11 100% 
[ 8 ]
Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. I_vote100%Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. I_vote11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. Empty Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series.

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:59 am

Thinking of doing a Multi Class endurace series over a number of months starting in march.
The cars will be LMP1,GTE and possibly LMP2 aswell.
Looking to do them on a Friday or Saturday night.
The races will vary from 1 hour, 2 hours or 3 hours in length.

Just looking for some feedback to see if it's worth putting any effort in to get the series up and running.
Comments Welcome Smile
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. Empty Re: Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series.

Post by sempeR Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:39 pm

Id say only LMP1 and GTE. Seeing how the last few ALMS style events have been, you would be shooting for at least 6 entrants in each class to make it worth while for such long races.

This would be a good thing, perhaps on mondays on the weeks in between your one make ozfm nationals seriers, or just wednesdays every 4 weeks or something.

Something ozfm never does is R1 class racing,obviously coz its not very popular, but something on a little less frequent basis would be great for those that like doing somethng fresh/differrnt, or those that enjoy R1 class.

As for the GTE class cars, we have a had many a successful GT series here, so why wouldnt anyone sign up? Only reason i can think of, is if there is a GT series running on a tuesday at the same time as this thing popping up on whatevr day, GT overload perhaps? (that and the length of the races, or what track will be run haha)

I vote great idea.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series. Empty Re: Poll: Multi Class Endurance Series.

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks for your imput Semp Smile

I was thinking of running 1 race a month or as I have before, The week before the actual ALMS/WEC event.
What day of the week is still up in the air. I was only thinking of a Friday or Saturday night because of the longer format since most people don't have to work the next day it might boost the attendance numbers.

If your wondering what tracks that would be run they are:

Sebring International
Silverstone
Mazda Laguna Seca
Circuit de la Sarthe
Road America
Road Atlanta

As well as 2 of these 4:

Circuit de Catalunya
L'autodromo del Mugello
Suzuka Circuit
Twin Ring Motegi

Toast
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down