OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide for xbox networking

3 posters

Go down

Guide for xbox networking Empty Guide for xbox networking

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:51 am

I'm currently writing a guide for xbox networking for the UNi section and I was wondering if you guys could help. Just message me with your experiences/issues/work arounds/modem information and resolutions when it comes to networking and staying connected.
Thanks

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Guide for xbox networking Empty Re: Guide for xbox networking

Post by Reaps Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 pm

UPnP or setting the xbox connection to be DMZ needs to be enabled within the router control page if there is an option.. also port 3074 udp needs to be port forwarded (sometimes port 80 too, but not always needed). There is an alternate port to port foward on a 2nd xbox if you have more than one plugged into a router, port 15562. This is because you cannot port forward through the same ports to more than one xbox at a time as the router will not allow it, and thus avoids one Xbox having to be set to moderate NAT Very Happy
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Thanks mate, but that is not something a newbie can read. Tell me your personal experiences/issues/work arounds and resolutions. Most guys do not have more than one xbox on the router so I'm guessing your port forwarding info at the end is probably not too important.

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by okrad Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm

I built out an access list and NAT rules for Cisco 857/877 routers so that all the port forwarding works properly. It's not really a newbie type thing but if someone has a Cisco and doesn't know much about what they're doing it would almost be a copy/paste job to get it working and might be useful to someone.

There isn't really that much to getting it working. If you've got a Billion, Dlink, etc router you just forward UDP/88, UDP/3074 and TCP/3074 in to whatever static IP you decide to assign to your Xbox and you're up and running.

I guess the difficulty is when you don't have an understanding of networking and need to learn about IP ranges, subnets, gateways, NAT, etc.
okrad
okrad
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down