OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding Custom Content

4 posters

Go down

Adding Custom Content Empty Adding Custom Content

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:14 am

How do ya add in Real Images to the Game as vinyls? cause i got my new HDD for the xbox and been busting to add content in it, but having alitle trouble working it out

Back to top Go down

Adding Custom Content Empty Re: Adding Custom Content

Post by mcrow5 Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 am

you cant import any images into forza, you have to make them all yourself in the paint mode.
mcrow5
mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 pm

really? wow on images that people make then

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Every paint on Forza is made from only the vinyl shapes available in the editor.
Simple shapes, transparencies, gradients, skewing, spinning, etc. Put together the right way you will be surprised with what can be created.
There are some very talented Forza artists.

I am more the logo kind of designer but here are some more arty designs I have done.

Skwirk EvoX (in SF now)
Adding Custom Content 4140033192_206db1ed44_o

Vegemite Mini (from FM3)
Adding Custom Content 4970048427_422a6635fe_z

EVGA Viper (in SF now)
Adding Custom Content 5484618055_6061c5005e_z
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:59 pm

^^^yes surfer is a freak when it comes to Forza painting, you prob wont get anything close to this level of painting for quite some time...
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:04 am

That horseyard image looks pretty impressive. Nice shading.
I haven't done much painting in FM4. Haven't had the time. Smile

Cracktastic - have a look around the web. There are some great tutorials and videos to get you started on doing it. It's not too hard once you get used to which shapes to you and how you can warp them to fit your image.

Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 pm

The best way to start might be Anime. Solid shapes, cartoon hair and simple facial features. Or maybe just start making parts like the eye. Try some simple objects as well (like the Vegemite jar).

From there you can start by adding more shading, realistic looking eyes and other facial features. Add depth and highlights with the gradients. Use transparencies and try different shapes.

Search YouTube for time-laps videos making various designs. There is a kind of tutorial on FM.net pointing out all the best shapes to use. And you will be surprised with the shapes they use.

Remember, start small and work up from there. Research your work, gather plenty of source images, use the grid in the editor and the grid on PhotoShop to get the proportions right.

The Horse:
Found the perfect image on the net (luckily it was the exact image on the roof of the car). In PS I added a grid. In Forza I turned on the grid. I then stated with the basic solid shape then added gradient shapes to sculpt the horse. Blacks and whites with plenty of transparency were used.

Vegemite Jar:
This one was pretty simple. Made the logos using the actual jar as the source. Then like the horse I made the basic shape then added shading and highlights to give it the 3d effect.

EVGA flame/smoke:
I used lots of flame shapes in different shades of blue and white and varying transparencies. Added some round gradient shapes to add a haze and glow.

Good luck.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down