OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

+13
Mike0707
xI noonga Ix
feralcobra
mcrow5
NoRecoil
JamieWhincup#1
xPPRTxPACMANx
Dazza4610
never enough
RRT_DemoN
iWolf
ausfez
Envy The Best
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 pm

yeah exactly.
i dont even want it, its another Helmann Tilke 'copy paste' abomination.

Back to top Go down

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

Post by xI noonga Ix Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't get why they can't just put Bathurst in. The amount of threads on the forums I've read of people wanting Bathurst would warrant at least a thought about putting it in...

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike0707 Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm

I know....It's such a sad situation the whole thing...
Mike0707
Mike0707
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by acerlyte Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:47 pm

I don't want to be a wet blanket but I really wouldn't expect any DLC tracks for Forza 4. I read an interview and when asked about DLC T10 mentioned that Car DLC was hugely popular but tracks weren't so much so unless it's a free thing I wouldn't be hanging for it. Forza 5 we can hope?

It's a shame they didn't bring Blue Mountains up to spec as it's close enough in spirit if not in layout. Lots of very similar hallmarks to Bathurst and clearly influenced by it.
acerlyte
acerlyte
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:57 am

I was never a fan of Blue Mountains, it was very different to Bathurst. I think Bathurst as a DLC track would be popular, so many of us would buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 am

Obviously Bathurst would be the number one choice, but i think Eastern Creek would also be a good option.

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? - Page 2 L1

Plus since that pic was taken eons ago, they have started overhauling the track layout in stages and once its all finished will look like this.

http://www.ausmotive.com/images/EC-redevelopment-01.jpg <----its a big pic.

Thats my 2c worth anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:08 pm

Staunch Trooper wrote:Obviously Bathurst would be the number one choice, but i think Eastern Creek would also be a good option.
Bathurst and Spa are the most requested tracks for DLC/New Game by players all over the globe. Eastern Creek would be great, with is current layout or after the upgrades to the layout. Plenty of ribbons to use with the new one when done.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Staunch Trooper wrote:Plus since that pic was taken eons ago, they have started overhauling the track layout in stages and once its all finished will look like this.

Yeah when i did my V8 drive, that middle part that cuts off the whole bottom of the track wasn't even tarmac, just concrete.

Thing is i could actually see T10 being interested in it, there are so many track options its like Catalunya
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Staunch Trooper wrote:Obviously Bathurst would be the number one choice, but i think Eastern Creek would also be a good option.

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? - Page 2 L1

Plus since that pic was taken eons ago, they have started overhauling the track layout in stages and once its all finished will look like this.

Thats my 2c worth anyway Smile

That's an old picture in the link mate. It would of cost the Government to much money to do that, so there just adding a new piece of track on the outside of corporate hill between turns 7 and 8. But anyway, I would love to see Eastern Creek in the game. Plus they could also put WSID in aswell since it's right next door.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:03 am

Yeah the new section is all done, and yeah i did notice that the linked pic was only 3 yrs old Laughing

I wouldn't bother adding WSID, alot of work making another track when the game already has 3 or 4 drag strips already, anyway if you really wanted a drag strip could just use the old format where they used to run up the straight at EC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:59 am

I somehow think the only way we will get Aussie tracks is when Codemasters release their new racing IP that they're currently working on.

Can't say I'm too disappointed about this as at least Codies really understand racing and aren't as fascinated by cars like Turn 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:55 am

yeah but codemasters have no respect for realism lately.
grid was a bit of fun but was ridiculous.

the track list for nfs shift 2 was mighty impressive but i did one lap on bathurst and was disgusted.
complete lack of respect for the circuit, you could nearly do a whole lap without braking ffs..

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 am

Disease26 wrote:yeah but codemasters have no respect for realism lately.

My concerns as well.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Disease26 wrote:yeah but codemasters have no respect for realism lately.
grid was a bit of fun but was ridiculous.

the track list for nfs shift 2 was mighty impressive but i did one lap on bathurst and was disgusted.
complete lack of respect for the circuit, you could nearly do a whole lap without braking ffs..

The only somewhat realistic Codemasters game I've played is F1 2010/2011. Those are great fun.

But you're forgetting, Need For Speed doesn't believe in brakes. You can go flat out the whole way and your NOS recharges if you draft/drift etc. The way racing should be! Razz

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Im pretty sure codies have a new racing IP coming as there building capability. Good thing about codies is they can make a game actually seem like fun and not just doing laps. They incorporate pit stops and strategy in real time... they make buggy games and push them out fast but as long as they patch ill be happy..

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 pm

reedy65 wrote:as long as they patch ill be happy..

Lol, Codemasters and Patching are not happy flatmates.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:02 pm

So what are your top 5 favourite Aussie tracks?

Mine are:
1.Bathurst
2.Adelaide
3.Sandown
4.Oran Park
5.Phillip Island

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Redna1L wrote:So what are your top 5 favourite Aussie tracks?

Mine are:
1.Bathurst
2.Adelaide
3.Sandown
4.Oran Park
5.Phillip Island
Mine:
1.Oran Park (I miss it so much) Sad
2.Bathurst
3.Eastern Creek
4.Winton
5.Phillip Island/Catalina Park
Very Happy
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruskovski Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

If you can count P2P races here's my top 5

1. Bathurst
2. The Sidling - P2P
3. Longford GP
4. Oran Park
5. Paradise - P2P
Ruskovski
Ruskovski
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah Im a big fan of Bathurst and Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 am

The new Hamptons Downs complex in NZ is my vote. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankTank Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 am

rnrmf wrote:The new Hamptons Downs complex in NZ is my vote. Smile
Once they actually finish it it will be an awesome venue.. Even as it is now, there's some wicked elevation changes, and it looks to be a very demanding track.
FrankTank
FrankTank
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:47 am

Looks very Road America-ish from the layout.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:50 am

It looks nothing like Road America
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2