OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

+13
Mike0707
xI noonga Ix
feralcobra
mcrow5
NoRecoil
JamieWhincup#1
xPPRTxPACMANx
Dazza4610
never enough
RRT_DemoN
iWolf
ausfez
Envy The Best
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? Empty Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Obviously Bathurst would be best, but id settle for any.

Back to top Go down

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? Empty Re: Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

Post by Envy The Best Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Requests for this have been going since FM2 (dunno about FM1, i wasn't around, too busy playing Jak and Daxter), they gave us V8's in FM3 and they've done the same thing this time around.

Honestly, because they've let it go for two games now, i doubt they'll ever feature.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? Empty Re: Will we ever get any Aussie tracks?

Post by ausfez Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:21 am

No.

*insert image of American flag here*
^
American's made the game enough said. Just be thankful we actually get to race outside the USA.
ausfez
ausfez
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:47 am

Will we get Aussie tracks in Forza?
No.

We all know that Bathurst is a legendary track, Well it is to us and any OS types that know about " the great race".
But for the rest of the world there are many more legendary tracks that deserve inclusion. Having tracks in their bigger market areas works best for T10. Get another 100k aussies playing Forza and you might see one of our tracks included.

This is one thing I'd be happy to be wrong about. Smile
iWolf
iWolf
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 am

I think you guys are understating the image of the V8's especially Bathurst in the US. It is definitely bigger than we realise.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:56 am

there is alot more exposure now in the states cause of them televising it live over there this year it will take a few years but im sure the v8s will be doing a round or 2 over there

then maybe just maybe we will see some aussie tracks in the game

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by never enough Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 am

Yeah, I tend to agree with envy. After introducing V8's in FM3, this time round was the perfect opportunity. It's almost insulting that they gave us V8's AGAIN but no Aussie tracks! And to top it off it is one of the most frequently requested tracks on the official forum. I can only hope something like Grid 2 comes to the party as far as Aussie cars/tracks go, like the old V8 Supercar games!
never enough
never enough
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:29 am

Bathurst would be great, but also other great tracks from Europe like Spa or even Monza . I think Paul Ricard would be a great track for a video game because of all the different variations you could have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:31 am

Monaco, in the V8 Supercars... bring it on!

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by xPPRTxPACMANx Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:15 am

never enough wrote:Yeah, I tend to agree with envy. After introducing V8's in FM3, this time round was the perfect opportunity. It's almost insulting that they gave us V8's AGAIN but no Aussie tracks! And to top it off it is one of the most frequently requested tracks on the official forum. I can only hope something like Grid 2 comes to the party as far as Aussie cars/tracks go, like the old V8 Supercar games!
Here's hoping. i would love it if they decided to include it along with an aussie muscle car pack. Very Happy
xPPRTxPACMANx
xPPRTxPACMANx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:36 am

Dazza4610 wrote:Monaco, in the V8 Supercars... bring it on!
Are you crazy? You need to be locked up in a mental institution after that comment Razz
Imagine the hairpin, it would be a three point turn lol!
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:51 am

never enough wrote:I can only hope something like Grid 2 comes to the party as far as Aussie cars/tracks go, like the old V8 Supercar games!

So long as all it has in common with GRID 1 is the name, GRID is on many levels much poorer than TOCA.

JamieWhincup#1 wrote:
Are you crazy? You need to be locked up in a mental institution after that comment Razz

Hell no, Monaco in a V8 = epic.
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:56 am

Will we ever get any Aussie tracks? Repostbacktothefuturerk4

Oran Park would be cool though.
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by RRT_DemoN Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:11 pm

true recoil id love to hit the dogleg in the v8s

RRT_DemoN
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by mcrow5 Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:36 pm

i reckon we will.....eventually. especially with the recent V8 supercars exposure we have been getting, its bound to happen sooner or later.
mcrow5
mcrow5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a Blue Mountains Raceway or something similar in Forza 1? It was basically Bathurst with a few extra turns I believe.

I would settle for even that coming back. Better than nothing. I honestly dont know whhy they took it out :S

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 pm

NoRecoil wrote:
Oran Park would be cool though.
I love your thinking there recoil.

Oran Park Bow Bow Bow
My favorite race track ever
While there at it they might as well add Amaroo,Warick Farm and lakeside Very Happy
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Envy The Best wrote:
JamieWhincup#1 wrote:

Hell no, Monaco in a V8 = epic.

That's it. Your getting locked up as well lol!
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:00 pm

nicrulz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a Blue Mountains Raceway or something similar in Forza 1? It was basically Bathurst with a few extra turns I believe.

I would settle for even that coming back. Better than nothing. I honestly dont know whhy they took it out :S

You are correct there sir, was a good track too. Not sure why they ditched it for Forza 2.

Video Link for those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcnO5TbpsMc

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Lol wow, thats hilarious actually
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by feralcobra Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 pm

RRT_DemoN wrote:there is alot more exposure now in the states cause of them televising it live over there this year it will take a few years but im sure the v8s will be doing a round or 2 over there

then maybe just maybe we will see some aussie tracks in the game
i believe they are doing a round there from 2013 on a new track that is being built now
feralcobra
feralcobra
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:11 pm

the blue mountains track is similar but from griffins bend to skyline is mirrored and forrests elbow is different. i would also settle for this if no bathurst.

as mentioned above, i think the best chance of having a track that the v8's actually run on is the Circuit Of The Americas being built in texas. the v8's will be racing there when the F1's are there in 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy The Best Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:17 pm

And then T10 will think they have done what the fans have wanted...
Envy The Best
Envy The Best
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 pm

yeah exactly.
i dont even want it, its another Helmann Tilke 'copy paste' abomination.

Back to top Go down

Post by xI noonga Ix Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I don't get why they can't just put Bathurst in. The amount of threads on the forums I've read of people wanting Bathurst would warrant at least a thought about putting it in...

xI noonga Ix
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next