OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you use a wheel? If so, which one??

+10
Envy The Best
Dazza4610
SunCrossed
WARHAWK85
lakerslegend
mad DANNO 29
stikman
Waffelz
sillybilly77
FrankTank
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you use a wheel or a controller?

Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 I_vote1056%Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 I_vote11 56% 
[ 18 ]
Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 I_vote1044%Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 I_vote11 44% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 32

Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you use a wheel? If so, which one??

Post by OctarineDream Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Is that $300 postage, or $300 postage + fee to a third party company? Only asking because I have a couple of friends in USA who may do it for me for free (as long as I cough up the postage). I just sent a package home from the East coast of USA and it was around $50 for a pretty small box. USA doesn't offer surface mail anymore (shame as it was very cheap).
Canada does do surface mail, but it's still pretty expensive.
But if you're right and it's $300 postage, then yeah, I'd definitely pay the small amount extra and enjoy the warranty protection.
Now if only Pagnian had any in stock!

Chris (OD)

OctarineDream
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Do you use a wheel?  If so, which one?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you use a wheel? If so, which one??

Post by SunCrossed Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:28 pm

These were $300 from mail forwarders, but UPS is expensive, you have to be aware of state duty and other stuff like that as well. From memory mine was about $150 or so of freight, from Oregon, no tax. You can figure it all out at UPS's site as they can do a quote online. Worth the exercise. I don't know why Pagnian have so little stock in Fanatec, I wonder if it's difficult to get?

SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 pm

I looked on their Facebook page and there are a lot of people asking and the response is always "we have no dates as of yet for when they'll be available". Bah!

And yeah, I did a bit of shopping on Oregon - gotta love 0% tax. Unfortunately my friends are in California so I might not be able to avoid it.

How can you get a quote without knowing size, weight or number of boxes?

Chris
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson eagle73 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

It is not worth getting a shipto company to forward your goods. I work in the parcel delivery chain of Australia Post and I know what sort of things go on. Do not take the risk with so much money. Wait until Pagnian Imports have stock and order from them. Chances are you'll have to wait for stock even if you order from the states anyway. The piece of mind and warranty is worth the extra $100 or so you'll end up saving if you do get it shipped. My GT2 has already broken down once. Got it fixed within a week free of charge. Can you say the same about a shipto service?

crimson eagle73
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by SunCrossed Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm

OctarineDream wrote:How can you get a quote without knowing size, weight or number of boxes?

Chris
I have the boxes in my car space so roughly
standard CSR wheel 40cm x 40cm x 30cm weight 4kg
Club Pedals 45 x 40 x 40 or close too weight 6kg?
I just checked my shipping receipt it was $200.
I agree with Crimson on this, from what Daz and others I have read on the forums have said the service Pagnian offer is brilliant with warranty issues. Mine was going to have to go through USA to get repaired at one point. Fortunately no issue in the end. Peace of mind is very important with an item like this.
SunCrossed
SunCrossed
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:24 pm

ok, so I sent Fanatec an email asking what was going on, and whether there was any plan to make them available in Australia. I also pointed out that I was part of a large Forza forum and we were all interested in what the future held. Here's the response:

----------
Hello Chris,

thanks for your inquiry and your interest our products.
I am so sorry but we do not have any distributor in Australia. But we are just working on the set-up of our Australian shop and warehouse and hope to get it finish soon.
Please have a look at our website / blog www.911wheel.com where we will announce the launch.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards

Fanatec_Gameshop
Claudia Faltermeier

Endor AG
Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut
Telefon: +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax: +49 (871) 9221-221
Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail:cf@endor.ag
Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487
Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), Andrés Semsey, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Andreas Potthoff
--------

OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:36 pm

I just pick up a logitech g27 .it works swt on ps3 but can anyone tell me if it will go xbox
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 pm

STONDKIWI wrote:I just pick up a logitech g27 .it works swt on ps3 but can anyone tell me if it will go xbox

I think there is an adapter to make them work however I think you lose force feedback... Maybe SG1 has done this, from memory.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:08 am

Just picked up ptws with elite pedals on ebay for $300. A few fanatec rigs online now for good price.
Anyone know where to buy inversion kit for pedals? All i can see obline is mention kit is optional, but no where that lists it explicitly for sale?

Back to top Go down

Post by lakerslegend Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 am

Fanatec Europe is the only place i know of that has them . I managed to import some stuff from there to Aus by using a website called Comgateway.com . Bit pricey on shipping but it got the job done .

lakerslegend
Drivers licence

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2