OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wheel gone stupid

5 posters

Go down

wheel gone stupid Empty wheel gone stupid

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:39 pm

My MS wheel has decided it doesn't want to work correctly anymore and if MS put some decent effort into their products for once i wouldn't have this problem. The problem is simple the wheel is center but it thinks it most of the way to a full left lock. Now i can semi play but having the feedback wanting to send the wheel center which will make my car turn left sharply is annorying and racing with feedback off takes away to much feeling i rely on when using it. I've tryed going back to the controller but theres no real control or feel at all.

Things I've tryed, re-syncing the wheel, resetting everything, switching between battery and power, bashing the thing out of frustion with my fists and than throwing it across the room. If this was wheel was made by anyone else they would let the owner be able to calibrate it so this is not an issue. btw google can't find an answer atleast not one i've found anyways

Back to top Go down

wheel gone stupid Empty Re: wheel gone stupid

Post by RU four 86 Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:06 pm

Maybe Apple will make a xbox wheel, lol. and they may even put a iPod dock on the side.
jokes aside, my wheel gave up the ghost a couple of mths back the green and red buttons stopped working and the wheels sensors kept motoring to the left.
so like all MS products it went in the bin.
Im surprised that there is nothing helpful with a google search!
RU four 86
RU four 86
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:10 pm

skyblazer

You've already tried heaps of things to fix your problem, so don't know if my fix will work for you.

I've had problems with my wheel that sound a lot like yours.
The force feedback goes crazy to one side, like its pulling you off the track and you have to hold against it, usually left, sometimes right.

When this happens I turn the wheel as hard and fast as I can in the opposite direction than its pulling. With my wheel the force feedback resets and its ok again.

Good luck
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:44 pm

U wouldn't believe how violently i have smacked that wheel about from one side to the other many times over... I was having so much fun now MS has stuffed that up grrr

I'm gonna palm it off to dad and let him fiddle away who knows he might fix it or make it better. Its made by MS so it wouldn't be hard to make it better

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:08 pm

I know there is a DIY bearing replacement instructions going around, you may have to google it, but from what Ive heard it makes a bad wheel better!
but I think you need a lathe, or know someone who has one at least
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by OctarineDream Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Mine does that occasionally - pulls strongly to the left. The wheel position seems normal - it's more like the force feedback suddenly gets confused.
Usually the next strong move I do (or hitting the ripple strip on a chicane) will wake it up again.
Also mine occasionally (very rarely thankfully) does a random button press - sometimes it's the start button, sometimes one of the others. Suddenly dropping a gear is a bit of a bugger to say the least. Smile
I've contemplated returning it (still under warranty), but not sure if I would get something better or worse...
Chris (OD)
OctarineDream
OctarineDream

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

My wheel sometimes does unexpected shifts too. Interesting that you've had the same OD. Thought it was just me.

If mine was still under warranty I'd be taking it back.
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

I have similar situations too with mine, just pulls a little one side but nothing too crazy, I have taken mine back about 4 times now every time with no probs (Jb Hifi).
.. but i have done the same with some Rock Band gear and the guy there knows me by first name so its too easy for me just to send it back, old for new every time.

Try Power off - turning it all the way right - plug in and turn on and let it self centre itself, may work may not.

Also laggy rooms do not help the FF, wigs it right out.
Check the FM2 forums for Bearing mods and general steering wheel info.

Hate to say but once it starts to do these sorts of things it isnt far from the end. Send it in to be repaired, prob get a new one.
...AND ALWAYS KNOW THE STORES GAMES REP/SALESPERSON, IT ALWAYS PAYS OFF!!! even if they are a 17 year old with 12 peircings and pretender faicial hair
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by iWolf Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:34 pm

Sounds like you've been lucky with replacements Teeroy.

How long is the warranty on the wheel, I thought only 3 months?
iWolf
iWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Very lucky! but even in the first instance, stores generally dont refuse to send stuff back as they are use to it.

Just lie about the time youve had the wheel, i always use 12 months as warranty for any xbox stuff and they have never said no its too late.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Well while i was out and about wondering through town something i rarely do when things are working right lol. I discovered that logitech does a wheel that works on the 360 but its $150 or so however it comes with a 2yr warranty which is f***ing better than what MS would ever give u. Logitech can be dodgy with some stuff but ingeneral they're a 100 times better than MS

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 pm

NOt good wraps on that wheel if i remember correctly from FM2 forums
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I think its been awhile since my MS wheel went stupid on me and after countless times looking all over Adelaide I've gone back to Ebay and won me a Logitech wheel this time. I'll let u know how it turns out

Back to top Go down

Post by Arckon Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:58 pm

I use the logitech wheel, have never used the microsoft one so I can not compare. Logitech has Axial feedback, rather than force feedback. Some say there is no real difference others say there is.

Arckon
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down