OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014 V8 Supercars

+15
Envy The Best
Sleuth 101
XYvSTUvYX
STONDKIWI
Reaps
Zabbey21
sempeR
Sly Dux
NzLRyaNLzN
Dektra
JamieWhincup#1
NoRecoil
RU four 86
TEEROY 34
TheSwatDx
19 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 Empty Re: 2014 V8 Supercars

Post by Dazza4610 Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 am

Jack Perkins is poised to return to the V8 Supercars Championship full-time next season in Charlie Schwerkolt’s Jeld-Wen Ford.

It is now expected that Owen will be held to his two-year co-driving deal with FPR, where he’ll likely move into the former Richards seat alongside Winterbottom.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/18/jack-perkins-set-schwerkolt-fpr-drive/

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Yay Pack Jerkins!

Now ch10 has an opportunity here to Frig off Matty White for good, send him packing back to midday news/variety programs for stay at home mum's.

sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:24 pm

V8Supercars wrote:
V8 Supercars signs six-year media deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network

Today V8 Supercars announced a six-year, $241 million media deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network for all media rights including digital from 2015 to 2020, consisting of $196 million cash and $45 million of advertising.

It is the biggest deal ever inked for the sport and represents a significant increase on all previous deals.

V8 Supercars CEO James Warburton said: “This is a tremendous and significant deal for our sport. It is a great boost to our amazing race teams and fans and will lead to unprecedented coverage on multiple platforms for our sport, never before seen on such a scale.

“I thank Richard Freudenstein, CEO and Managing Director of Foxtel; Patrick Delany, CEO of FOX SPORTS; and Hamish McLennan, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Ten Network Holdings, for their plans and commitment to grow this sport to unprecedented levels.

“I would also like to thank Seven and their commitment to the sport since 2007 and of course their continued support for 2014, the final year of our partnership,” Mr Warburton said.

Foxtel CEO and Managing Director, Richard Freudenstein, said: “Foxtel is delighted to partner with V8 Supercars, Australia’s pre-eminent motorsport series. This relationship will significantly strengthen our sports offering and give yet another reason to subscribe to Foxtel.

“Hundreds of thousands of Australians love motorsports and I know that dedicated fans will be delighted that Foxtel and FOX SPORTS will be able to deliver a breadth and depth of coverage of the V8 Supercars Series that they’ve never seen before.

“Not only will the series be available in amazing High Definition on the Foxtel cable and satellite service, fans will also be able to enjoy all the action on the move with Foxtel Go or with the convenience of Foxtel Play.”

FOX SPORTS CEO, Patrick Delany, said: “V8 Supercars have a proud history of innovation. We relish the opportunity to work with talented V8 Supercars race teams and the team at V8 Supercars TV to give the sport the FOX SPORTS treatment – every minute of practice, qualifying, support categories and the Championship races – all LIVE and in stunning HD.

“We will be there for the fans and we will make no compromises in delivering them the finest coverage. We will focus on innovating coverage to take fans closer to the action, the heroes, the stars and the insights. There will be weekly entertainment shows to complement the LIVE race coverage and a massive promotional platform via not only our seven FOX SPORTS channels but the entire Foxtel platform,” he said.

Ten Network Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Hamish McLennan, said: “We are delighted to welcome V8 Supercars back home to Ten in 2015.

“V8 Supercars is an iconic Australian sport, reaching into every part of the country, and James Warburton and his team have big plans to make it even stronger and better.

“Ten is now truly the home of motorsport. Formula One, MotoGP and V8 Supercars will make a powerful, exciting combination for all our viewers and advertisers. Today’s announcement is in line with our strategy of investing in premium live sport and adding more Event TV to Ten.

“I'm personally looking forward to seeing the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and other great V8 Supercars events on Ten,” he said.

V8 Supercars has just completed its most competitive season which heralded the highly successful introduction of the new generation car and 17 different race winners.

Nissan Motorsport and Erebus Motorsport V8 joined the grid with strong success alongside traditional rivals Ford and Holden, while Polestar Volvo Racing will take on the field next year in two Volvo S60 Supercars.

The sport also announced new three-year deals with the Queensland and New South Wales Governments. This ensures the future of four marquee events on the Gold Coast, Townsville, Sydney and Ipswich, and adds an additional Championship event in Sydney at Sydney Motorsport Park in 2014.

The 2014 V8 Supercars season kicks off with the sydney.com pre-season test day at Sydney Motorsport Park (Feb 15) followed by the Clipsal 500 Adelaide from Feb 27-March 2.

Fast Facts:

- $241 million across six years

- $196 million in cash, $45 million in advertising

- V8 Supercars returns to its first free-to-air partner Ten Network in 2015

- Joint deal with Foxtel, FOX SPORTS and Ten Network, including all digital rights

- V8 Supercars to be broadcast in high definition on Foxtel

- Term 2015-2020.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by MadRacer38 Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:58 pm

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 580791_628139063899335_525040157_n
MadRacer38
MadRacer38
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Lamo. When will these magazines' editors stop insulting us with these " New car spied" headlines? Seriously, just tell us how much you paid for the privilege and how much more advertising will be in your magazine as a result.

Anyway, the front bar looks a bit funky, and I'm not liking that rear wing. Most likely the aero isn't finalized so hopefully things get better. Should look good in war paint nevertheless.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Good chance that Fuchs will be the major backer of one of the Erebus Mercs.

"Fuchs Lubricants are back as a key technical partner for Erebus Motorsport V8 in 2014! Great stuff (and just a hint...there's more to come!)" - Off there FB wall
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:44 am

Speedcafe wrote:Jack Perkins confirmed for full-time V8 rebirth

Melbourne driver Jack Perkins will commandeer the Ford owned by Charlie Schwerkolt in his return as a full-time driver in the main V8 Supercars Series after a long absence.

As previously reported, Perkins has been secured to drive the #18 Ford run as a customer car under the Ford Performance Racing umbrella.

“The drive is a Christmas present come early and I am really looking forward to repaying the faith Charlie, JELD-WEN and all the team’s other commercial partners have put in me,” Perkins said.

“It is cool to be part of Ford’s four car factory squad. I have three very handy drivers to work with and I can’t wait to start working with everyone at FPR as Charlie has put together a really good program with the team.

“He has won a title as an owner so combined with FPR’s resources and obvious car speed it has all the right ingredients.”

Perkins was forced to step down from the #11 Perkins Engineering Commodore before the end of the 2007 when he was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes.

He has been a regular in the Development Series in the ensuing years including a second in the second-tier championship in a Sonic team Falcon in 2011 and a fourth in an Eggleston team Commodore this year.

“Jack has been knocking on the door to get back into the series for a long time and his results this year have been especially impressive in the context of all the high-quality drivers he was competing against,” Schwerkolt said.

“I’ve known him since he was just a kid and he is a great person and will fit right in with everyone at JELD-WEN and FPR.

“Jack is very hungry and he knows he needs to perform so I think what our team offers with the resources of FPR will be the right environment for him to flourish.”

Perkins will kick-start the next phase in his career behind the wheel of the #18 Ford at the official V8 Supercars test at Sydney Motorsport Park in February ahead of the opening round, the Clipsal 500 from February 27-March 2.

The confirmation means that the V8 future of Perkins’ predecessor, Alex Davison, remains unclear.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:11 pm

News is circulating that Greg Murphy will rejoin with James Courtney for the 2014 endurance races.

Warren Luff is set to pair up with Nick Percat who joins the series full time next year in the fourth HRT car, while Jonathon Webb will partner Garth Tander.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Will Davison confirmed at Erebus, not "Officially".
Betty at erebus motorsport wrote: just a little excited about our drivers line up for this year, in all categories , but v8's WILL be very interesting , my commercial department don't want me to talk about it yet as they think ,people are still away and WILL not take notice till they get back .
but my SON whose middle name is DAVID, thinks i should listen to them, so won't say a word till then !
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Its been unofficially confirmed since October or round abouts.  What makes these guys think anyone WILL be surprised?
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:12 am

V8Supercars wrote:
Robert Dahlgren joins Volvo Polestar Racing

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 10000010

Robert Dahlgren is today announced as a driver for the Volvo Polestar Racing team in its debut season of the 2014 V8 Supercars Championship.

“I am really happy to be joining Volvo Polestar Racing in V8 Supercars, it is a dream come true for me,” Dahlgren said.

“The V8 Supercars is a championship like no other in the world and one that every racing driver wants to race in. I will be facing fast and experienced drivers who know the championship and circuits inside out, but I am looking forward to the challenge – it’s definitely one of the biggest of my career.”

Dahlgren – who becomes the first Swede to take part in a full season of the V8 Supercars Championship – finished third in the 2013 Scandinavian Touring Car Championship for Volvo Polestar Racing, and has previously won the Swedish and Nordic Formula Ford Championships before moving to England and winning the intensely competitive British Formula Ford Championship.

The 34-year old is an experienced driver with a solid background of developing road and racing cars for Volvo and Polestar. He was the development driver of the Volvo C30 1.6T S2000, which he successfully raced in the Swedish, Scandinavian and World Touring Car Championship from 2008 to 2011. Robert has also been fundamental in the development of the Volvo S60 Polestar road car, which made its debut in Australia last year.

”The Volvo S60 is a car Robert knows inside out, so we’re delighted he’s joining our racing program,” said Matt Braid, Managing Director Volvo Car Australia.

“Robert’s experience and ability to develop a race car will be critical in our debut racing season, so we’re all looking forward to seeing what he – and Scott – can do with the Volvo S60 out on the track.”

Dahlgren is going to team up with young Kiwi Scott McLaughlin, the 2013 V8 Supercars Rookie of the Year, driving Volvo Polestar Racing S60s this season.

“We are happy to have Robert join our Volvo Polestar Racing outfit in Australia. His experience of developing racing cars is vast, something that will be very useful in his and our first year in the very competitive and exciting V8 Supercars,” said Derek Crabb, Motorsport Director of Volvo Cars.

Team principal Garry Rogers commented:

“It was excellent news for all the GRM team when we were chosen by Volvo to join Volvo Polestar Racing as they entered the V8 Supercars Championship in 2014 with their S60.

“With Robert Dahlgren joining Scott McLaughlin in the team I see this as a great opportunity to continue with our recent solid performances. Robert’s history shows he has proven to be a successful Volvo Polestar Racing driver. Being a winner of the British Formula Ford Championship – one of the world’s most competitive categories – he should adapt to our cars quite quickly and be a big positive for the team.”
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSwatDx Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 pm

looking forward to this years championship.. still sticking with my guy though Garth Tander will rise again Razz
TheSwatDx
TheSwatDx
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Iv been laughing at all the casual v8 fans and international chime-ins saying how Dahlgren will do so well because he has been driving Volvos for years.

Apart from a Volvo and a Volvo engined cotf being nothing alike, I'll be cheering for Scotty Mac all year who will no doubt easily be the better of the Volvo pilots. Smile
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:05 pm

sempeR wrote:Iv been laughing at all the casual v8 fans and international chime-ins saying how Dahlgren will do so well because he has been driving Volvos for years.

Apart from a Volvo and a Volvo engined cotf being nothing alike, I'll be cheering for Scotty Mac all year who will no doubt easily be the better of the Volvo pilots. Smile

I've seen more people bagging him than saying he will do well. Of cause McLaughlin will more than likely do better because he has been driving V8s for years now. But I personally think Dahlgren will surprise a few people and will have much better debut year than Premat or Engel had. He certainly won't finish last in the championship.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:12 pm

I honestly don't know much about him but I do hope he has a better debut year than Engel.

I believe the hardest thing for the internationals is learning the new tracks, as most guys in the series know them inside out.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

yep I don't think he will be an instant hit, the best international performance of recent times was the Xbox Holden at this years Bathurst, they kicked ass imo.

It will take some time for Volvo to get competitive. when I stayed with RU last year in Adelaide for the Clipsal the Merc didn't move off the grid after qualifying last in race 1.(a year ago already RU!! shizer)
They did considerably well in 1 year, but the cars weren't ready, Holdsworth can drive so I still think the new manufacturers cars are still in a developing phase to a small degree.

I would like to see the very tidy looking Volvo penetrating the deep end of the field and perhaps showering the crowd with champagne this year tho...    gimp  elephant

Last edited by Dektra on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tidied up the language a bit, family forum.)
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by RU four 86 Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Yeah, it's not long now before the next one.... cheers 

I get a chuckle every time I drive/ride past the the park lands on Wakefield st, it takes them 3 mths to pull the temp stand / pits down and 6mths to put it all back up again!

Would luv to see the original F1 full track used again, but got buckles chance with all those fairies wanting there fringe festival round the old stag corner. NoTHing against the fringe either but dosn't mix well with racing, lol

RU
RU four 86
RU four 86

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Speedcafe wrote:
Valvoline - You know what I mean.

Garry Rogers Motorsport’s first season as Volvo Polestar Racing will see Valvoline return to the role of naming rights backer for the squad.

The lubricant giant was the primary sponsor of Rogers’ V8 Supercars efforts from his team’s debut in the championship in 1996.

It scaled back to minor sponsor four years ago beneath Fujitsu, which announced late last year that it would not continue into 2014.

The team will now be known as both Valvoline Racing GRM and Volvo Polestar Racing.

“Valvoline have shared our wins and our success and have also been with us through some tough times,” said Rogers, whose previous racing efforts in Super Touring and Auscars were also backed by the company.

“For myself to continue the relationship with the lubricant brand that is so recognisable the world over in motorsport is extremely satisfying.

“The Valvoline brand has been in existence for over 100 years. Not many companies can boast this type of history.”

Managing Director of Valvoline Australia, Peter Besgrove, added: “Garry and his team have established themselves as an important contributor to our company and customers.

“The interaction between the GRM people and the Valvoline people has been a very rewarding one for us all.”

Volvo’s previous factory Australian Touring Car Championship effort in 1986 also saw Valvoline act as the largest external sponsor.

Valvoline’s return will make it the only lubricant brand with naming rights sponsorship of a team in V8 Supercars following a widespread shift from automotive to consumer-focussed products in recent years.

JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:29 am

Sneak peek of Erebus

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 16186110

Concept GRM/Volvo

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 15450410
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

I think the Volvo's will be branded with either the Next Gen or Syn Power labels rather then just Vlavoline.

They are both newer labels to the Australian market that haven't really had a lot of coverage here yet
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Speedcafe wrote:
Ingall poised to confirm V8 Supercars return

Russell Ingall is set to confirm his return to the V8 Supercars Championship for a 19th consecutive season.

Although 2013 was billed by Supercheap Auto Racing as Ingall’s final year, the former series champion has openly stated that he’d continue if the right opportunity presented itself.

Ingall’s drive in a single-car Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport effort is understood to have been brokered by Holden Motorsport.

Ingall had been known to have been in talks with LDM, which runs customer Triple Eight equipment, since last year’s Sydney season finale.

Although the team could not be contacted by Speedcafe.com this week, a V8 Supercars social media post has today confirmed that an announcement is imminent.

LDM will be Ingall’s fifth V8 Supercars team following stints at Perkins Engineering (1996-2002), Stone Brothers Racing (2003-2007), Paul Morris Motorsport (2008-2010) and Walkinshaw Racing (2011-2013).

LDM has competed in the V8 Supercars Championship since 2010, initially running with Walkinshaw equipment before linking with Triple Eight two years ago.

The team has struggled to post competitive results throughout its existence, with drivers Dean Fiore and Scott Pye finishing just 24th and 27th in points respectively last year.

Others to have driven for LDM include Daniel Gaunt, Cameron McConville, Warren Luff and Taz Douglas.

Confirmation of Ingall’s deal will follow that of Dale Wood at Brad Jones Racing this morning, leaving the potential Tekno Autosport-Tony D’Alberto Racing alliance as the only unknown ahead of February 15′s pre-season test.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Speedcafe wrote:Dale Wood confirmed at Brad Jones Racing

Reigning Dunlop Series winner Dale Wood has been confirmed to drive Brad Jones Racing’s third V8 Supercars Championship entry this season.

The 30-year-old steps into the car previously steered by David Wall, who has switched to Dick Johnson Racing.

The #21 Holden will enjoy major backing from card services firm Advam; a sister company of Wilson Security.

Wood’s own backers GB Galvanizing and Strategy One will also have a presence on the car.

“This is an amazing opportunity, it’s a quality car and a quality team and I will have the chance to not only race against the best new talent from the development series but also against some of the most successful experienced drivers as well,” said Wood of the BJR seat.

“I want to thank my group of sponsors that have made this possible and Brad and Kim (Jones) as well.

“I know many other drivers wanted and also deserved this opportunity and to actually see it all finally come together for me is awesome.

“Gian and Vince from GB helped put the plan in motion for last year and Matty White gave me the car capable of winning the 2013 Dunlop series championship which in turn lead to this opportunity.”

The Victorian already has experience as a primary driver in the championship, completing the first 10 races of the 2009 season with Kelly Racing.

Six endurance campaigns, split between Tasman Motorsport, Kelly Racing, Tony D’Alberto Racing and Dick Johnson Racing, ensures Wood has a total of 26 championship race starts to his credit.

His best results of ninth came in the 2011 Bathurst 1000 while driving alongside Tony D’Alberto and the 2013 Gold Coast 600 alongside Chaz Mostert.

D’Alberto had been Wood’s competition for the BJR seat in recent weeks, but is now focussed on the possibility of inking a deal with Tekno Autosports.

Wood’s car will be run alongside those of regular BJR duo Fabian Coulthard and Jason Bright, both of whom won races last season.

Wood will work with the #21 Commodore’s existing race engineer, Julian Stannard.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:28 am

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 Woodlivery-630x307

Dale Wood's car for this year
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:50 am

Nice wheels
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:11 am

Speedcafe wrote:Holden Racing Team set for Bathurst launch

The Holden Racing Team is expected to reveal its 2014 livery at Mount Panorama, Bathurst, in the lead-up to Sydney Motorsport Park’s pre-season test.

Although remaining tight-lipped on its plans, it is understood that the team will extend its travel from Melbourne to the February 15 Sydney test in order to launch its campaign at the spectacular Mountain circuit.

The HRT’s revised colours have been teased by its sponsorship manager Simon McNamara on social media in recent weeks, with a return to fluorescent red hues, last seen in 2009, appearing to be on the cards.

The new livery will include prominent branding from SP Tools, which has taken over from six-year primary partner Toll.

The HRT has been one of the most talked about teams of the off-season following a recruitment drive that has included drafting in former Red Bull leader Adrian Burgess and Ford Performance Racing engineering manager Mat Nilsson.

The team retains an unchanged driver line-up, however, with James Courtney and Garth Tander both returning.

The other two entries prepared out of the Walkinshaw Racing stable, the Supercheap Auto Racing Holden of Tim Slade and James Rosenberg Racing Holden of Nick Percat, will be revealed separately to the HRT Commodores.

The Slade and Percat cars are thought likely to run in testing liveries in Sydney ahead of pre-Adelaide livery launches.

The JRR entry has been added to the stable this season, returning Walkinshaw to a four-car outfit for the first time since 2010.
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieWhincup#1 Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:58 am

V8X wrote:Ingall confirms move to Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport

Veteran Russell Ingall has announced he will race on as a full-time driver in V8 Supercars with Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport in 2014.

After declaring 2013 would be his last full-time season, the soon-to-be 50-year-old has linked up with the fledgling Holden team, his fifth different team in V8 Supercars following spells at Perkins Engineering, Stone Brothers Racing, Paul Morris Motorsport and Walkinshaw Racing, for what will be his 19th consecutive season.

Ingall will campaign the sole #23 Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport Commodore with backing from Phil Munday's Repair Management and Holden, with the team scaling back to one entry after handing back its second license to V8 Supercars.

"Plenty of people will be asking why would I come to a small team that has been going through some growing pains," Ingall says.

"But I see it as a challenge to help build the team, move it forward and keep it on the grid. There are plenty of hero drivers out there that would never 'lower' themselves to drive for a small team but I see it as an opportunity to be involved in something from the ground floor.

"I wasn't comfortable last year with how things were presented by some parties about my so-called retirement. I always maintained that if there was a suitable full-time opportunity for this season that I would take it.

"I haven't changed my mind and made a 'comeback'. I never left the sport or intended to leave the sport. There were some good offers to join some well-credentialed teams for the endurance races, but a full- time opportunity was always my main focus.

"At the end of the day, my love for the sport and racing cars is undiminished. I love the racing community, it's given me a lot and I want to stay involved with it.
"I think the man on the street will understand my situation. Anyone that loves their job or the industry they work in doesn't want to get pushed out of it before they're ready."

Ingall's signing, coupled with off-season changes to his team, excites team boss Lucas Dumbrell.

"Holden has been instrumental in getting Russell on board and he brings a lot to our team with nearly 20 years of full-time experience at the top level of V8 Supercar racing," Dumbrell says.

"He's far from being a spent force in the sport. He brings an eye for detail that our team needs that comes from driving for some of the top teams in pit lane.

"We have a revitalised team and approach this year. While we are moving back to a single car program we have the intent and desire to return to a two-car program in the future."

Simon McNamara, GM Holden Ltd Motorsport and Sponsorship Manager, says the addition of the most experienced V8 Supercar driver in history was the first step in LDM's redevelopment.
"It's also an opportunity for Russell to give back to the sport that has given him so much and to help this team grow in all areas," McNamara says.

"Russell has been a great ambassador for Holden for the lion's share of his time in V8 Supercars. We're very happy to see him back on the grid in a Commodore in 2014.

"Importantly, it's also a way of ensuring the team doesn't fall by the wayside like others have during the recent off-season period.
"Lucas is a young, ambitious guy and we'd like to see this team succeed this season and move forward on the grid. He's been working very hard and we support him in this quest to develop his team."

Repair Management Australia's Phil Munday says the opportunity to become a naming rights sponsor of Ingall and LDM fitted the business perfectly for its short-term plans.

"I've been involved in motorsport for many years and this is an ideal platform for us to expand our brand awareness as we go nationwide," he explains.

"It's a launch pad for our national campaign to expand our multi-shop operator group by acquiring businesses interstate as either joint venture interests or company-owned facilities, and providing national service to our client base and work providers.

"Being in the automotive repair business for over 35 years we've been a long-time sponsor of community clubs and events. A national sport like V8 Supercars, which visits every state of Australia, is hard to beat in the sporting marketplace.

"Partnering with Russell and LDM not only gives us national awareness, but the opportunity to participate nationally, which is why we've got involved at this level."

Ingall's first drive of the #23 Repair Management Australia Commodore will come at the V8 Supercars test day at Sydney Motorsport Park on Saturday February 15.

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 10132310

2014 V8 Supercars - Page 2 17984510
JamieWhincup#1
JamieWhincup#1

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:11 am

2014 - the year of Blue on Commodores

Perhaps its in preparation for when Frosty and FPR win the title this year Very Happy
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next