OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here!

+4
original skin
STONDKIWI
NoRecoil
Reaps
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here! Empty FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here!

Post by Reaps Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:20 pm

This is not intended to be a whine thread, it is a place for people to post n check differences they have encountered with FM5 that might affect OZFM and its members in some way..

So here is my 1st:

Tyres now start to lose performance & show wear damage(yellow) by as little as 16.5-17% wear.. At about 2% wear per lap at Bathurst depending on the car, and with more realistic fuel consumption on FM5 (it seems better but i havent looked at it in detail) we should be in for REAL pit strategy in enduros etc on proper tyres!!! Oh yeah, no more drag tyres/sponges for circuit races!!!

So post up anything you have noticed guys, cheers.
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here! Empty Re: FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here!

Post by NoRecoil Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:56 am

Id like to do a session with a hand full of guys to see if the tyre ware and fuel consumption is different for different types of tyre and motor type/size.

You can lock a single front brake now!
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here! Empty Re: FM5 interesting differences that OZFMers have noticed.. Check/Post em here!

Post by NoRecoil Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:42 am

all series races will have to be done with an out lap and a start timer (like in sempers V8's)

The game dosen't fill the grid boxes/positions properly
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 am

NoRecoil wrote:all series races will have to be done with an out lap and a start timer (like in sempers V8's)

The game dosen't fill the grid boxes/positions properly
grid is correct with a full lobby
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Limited Damage is no longer an option and you can't view replays of multiplayer races anymore.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Has the position board now gone from the left hand side of the HUD? Or do I just not know how to turn it on?  You know the one that says, how far in front and behind others are, the one that lets you know if you have actually made it pass and can now take the line back.

And

An interesting difference I have noticed is, I can now feel and hear the car starting to loose grip mid corner, a slight correction to either steering or throttle does make a difference where as before I felt those things all too late.  I am starting to realise where I am going to hard or not hard enough by feeling to feedback as it happens and hearing the tyre chatter. Front wheel drive cars actually handle like front wheel drive cars... Point and shoot, and the rear will follow. :-)

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:32 pm

Shame they dropped the drivers positions from the HUD. There is no option to add it I believe. I have tried to find it but nothing...

All the stock tunes are different than in the last two games. More camber was the thing I noticed. I have been trying all the cars stock tuned first before I change any settings. The V8's drive nice stock. I have added adjustable brakes to stop the lock-ups and running the exact gears for Bathurst and absolutely loving it this time around. Tunes from FM4 seems to work but my Scion needed to use the greater camber it had when stock and like Dazza said, point and shoot! Awesome car.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Was struggling with a car today so I decided to grab a random tune, the one I got turned out to be a huge improvement over my own effort, so I decided I'd see what other tunes he had available for other cars... Turns out you can't find all shared tunes by your favourite tuna unless you go a huge roundabout way to do it. Sad face.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

You can't view telemetry during replays anymore. Makes serious tuning a nightmare.

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:10 am

There are quite a few places on a number of tracks where you can totally exceed the track limits and your lap won't be uncertified. Best example would have to be eau rouge. Without replays for race's, this will be impossible to police without vigilance. Perhaps, at least qualifying could be limited to five minute sessions to allow all q laps to be submitted for review? 5 minutes is so short...
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:51 am

Interesting... Yup...
Different... Yup

FM4 and FM5 both have drag tires...
FM5, where are the dam drag strips?

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:20 am

Dazza4610 wrote:Interesting... Yup...  
Different... Yup

FM4 and FM5 both have drag tires...
FM5, where are the dam drag strips?

There will be a "Street Super Stock" expansion - hence why you can put a LS1 in everything
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:33 pm

No engine damage reading in telemetry and small percentages of body damage also don't appear on your telemetry damage hud.

Still not totally sure about this though as I have a bad habit of quitting as soon as I get taken out
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 pm

There is engine damage readings semp. Check far right side of telemetry in the damage tab.
Dektra
Dektra
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Okay I'll keep an eye out
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:35 am

yeah, ive over rev'd my engine a few time now. only partial percentages to (like 3%) but unsure on aero/everything else
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:19 pm

Load up FM4, park your car on track and watch the AI follow the line and form a multi car pile up.

Load up FM5, park your car on track and watch the Drivatars do their best to run around you. You may get one or two under-trained Drivatar bump into you but the rest tap the brake and steer around or in clean air find the easiest gap and drive on by.

Shows that the Drivatars aren't all that bad at driving.

Haven't tried the simple AI used in Track Day Events but it would not surprise me if they were still as dopey as they were last game. Seems that this is the case as the claims of cheating Rival track day events by backing up the cars for a clean lap is still happening.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:27 pm

The Aerial Atom, possibly others, has a fuel guage in it that I believe is in US gallons. Was going for a run around in Rivals (Yas Marina North) and noticed it going down, indication it is a measurement of how much fuel is left.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Dektra wrote:The Aerial Atom, possibly others, has a fuel guage in it that I believe is in US gallons. Was going for a run around in Rivals (Yas Marina North) and noticed it going down, indication it is a measurement of how much fuel is left.
it seems a lot of people use atom for the out of fuel badge it usually takes 15 and a bit laps on lamans ,45min
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoRecoil Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 am

Just pick the round taco for your HUD (think its the analogue one), there is a fuel gauge under whatever gear you have selected
NoRecoil
NoRecoil
OZFM Series Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am

Yeah took me 31 minutes yesterday with the Ariel Atom after seeing this post.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

If one's net connection sucks balls, you will lose the ability to use the in game chat channel. So that means no speaking and no listening.
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I have read a few hateful posts on FM.net and they all seem to have the same issue with the game...

"You have to use real money to buy the cars."

Did I miss something? Do these kids realise that you just have to actually race the car you are given, earn some credits, race some more then buy the car you want?

They all threaten to go play something else and I hope they do. Some of the comments are just a laugh. Also fun to see a thread normally locked by a Mod left open for all to read and post on.

I am having a blast with FM5 and hopefully soon I can make an appearance in a race series (damn you work...).
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Is it just me or does the Alps and Prague find their way into very career series. Always one of the races you have to do to complete the series but never one of the few extras at the end that if you want you can leave behind.

And all the large tracks like Spa and Bathurst get 2 laps while the Alps and Prague always have 3... It is like T10 saying "drive my tracks, you will".  yoda 

I am liking Prague but I am starting to get over the Alps. It just does not have that Wow it had in the early days of FM4. Prague kind of reminds me of New York. All the landmarks are there but unlike NY the roads differ from real life.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:34 pm

I've noticed that too surfer, Alps and Prague in every single player career. Getting over them.

Another interesting thing i've found.
The GT cars (save the Aston) seem pretty close to each other if you add race brakes. [hint] series coming up [/hint]
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next