OZFM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone's take on FM5?

+23
Dektra
hillcrest
Goomf
original skin
sempeR
Reaps
Dazza4610
TEEROY 34
Sly Dux
mcrow5
ThousandSumo
surferofthemind
crimson eagle73
mystery
nat3885
fisho1966
Paul
stikman
mad DANNO 29
Sleuth 101
STONDKIWI
XYvSTUvYX
SunCrossed
27 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What's everyone's take on FM5? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's everyone's take on FM5?

Post by mcrow5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:39 pm

whats the online connectivity like? this is the only thing stopping me from getting an xbone and fm5. i got sick of always having issues joining games in fm4.

mcrow5
OZFM Legend & Hall of Famer

Back to top Go down

What's everyone's take on FM5? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's everyone's take on FM5?

Post by Sly Dux Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 am

With a strict nat I could still join private lobbies and race but not publics. As soon as I set up open nat no problems with publics except for waiting times between races Smile

Sly Dux
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 am

Figured I would put this here, so had a couple of small issues with my new xbox one.

First was the non load of Ryse and install of disc but worked second time around so wasn't to much of a problem.

Second and most importantly was the power brick always staying on and fan running in power brick constant 24/7(even when put in power saving mode), rang support and sure enough it shouldn be doing this, tried what they suggested and was told to check with retailer and swap if possible power supply first and then if still not working properly swap console or was a 7-10 day wait for a new console from MS, done this swapped power supply still no go, so swapped consoles and now its working properly and power supply brick is shutting of correctly after console shuts down.

Oh and to keep on topic, really want/need a wheel to play FM5 so thinking of selling my fanatec gear and getting an official xbox one wheel.
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 pm

how much you chasing for the wheel got a few mates looking for cheap FM4 stuff after using and seeing mine

PM me Teuk
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Yeah I'm still on a strict nat setting. The quick way I got around this for FM4 on the 360 doesn't appear to work for the ONE. I go to have a look at changing it properly but it goes a bit over my head and becomes a blur of instructions lol. I'll try n sort it out one day when I have a few hours spare and am more focused

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 pm

most new modems you should just need to have UPnP enabled and delete all port forwarding.

if that doesn't work then disable UPnP and and port forwarding

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

gets a bit trickier with 2 xboxes if UPnP doesn't work. you need to do port triggering then

Firstly make sure DMZ is disabled, Upnp is on and you are NOT forwarding any ports using single port forwarding. Then enter the following in the Port Range Triggering page

Application Name doesnt matter, call each one what you like (e.g Xbox1, Xbox2 etc etc)

Xbox1 Triggered Range (Start Port: 52) (End Port: 54) Forward Range (Always the same as Triggered Range, so 52 and 54 in this case) TICK THE ENABLED BOX

Xbox2 Triggered Range (Start Port: 79) (End Port: 81) (Forward Range 79 and 81) TICK ENABLED

Xbox3 Triggered Range (Start Port: 87) (End Port: 89) (Forward Range 87 and 89) TICK ENABLED

Xbox4 Triggered Range (Start Port: 3073) End Port: 3075) (Forward Range 3073 and 3075) TICK ENABLED

You also need both xboxs to be set to automatically be assigned an IP address, ignore all the advice to have a manual IP, this doesnt seem to work and actually appears to make things worse. Also make sure you havent messed with any other router settings other than those above and that your MTU is set to 1500.

OK...back on topic

still loving it.....had a crack at doing some vinyls last night and the editor is pretty much the same as FM4 but with more choices for shapes.
shame about not being able to gift though....for both paints and tunes.
maybe we can start an area for people to share their tune settings if they want to
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 pm

mad DANNO 29 wrote:
OK...back on topic

still loving it.....had a crack at doing some vinyls last night and the editor is pretty much the same as FM4 but with more choices for shapes.
maybe we can start an area for people to share their tune settings if they want to
Looks like some guys on FM.net have a similar idea.

Back in the FM2 days where tunes were all unlocked some of the tuning shops posted "Free Tunes". All came with a full build list and all the tuning settings. Garages like Gearbox, Plop and others posted heaps of tunes. I do believe we had something like this on OZFM... Might be time to open up a FM5 tuning shop, add some free tunes and advice for the tuning noob.

As for number-boards for new series we can share decals so maybe we might just share the boards via the race/series organiser(s). They may be locked but make a livery for the car, then the board and then your number in the specified font. We may end up with a few cars in stock colours with in-game decals but at least they can all have the specified number-boards.

Liveries offered for a series can also be shared by the painters for others to use. Looks pretty easy to share and then unshare the design when the series is over. Easily search via Gamertag or add OZFM to a description to make them easy to find.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm

Or is it possible to share via the OZFM account?

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:00 pm

How would we share via an OZFM account?
We can't gift anything to anyone, so we have no way of getting it there.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:05 pm

mcrow5 wrote:whats the online connectivity like? this is the only thing stopping me from getting an xbone and fm5. i got sick of always having issues joining games in fm4.
It's not connection issues as such that I've found. But being able to invite people to games... You can't, unless you're in a party with them. Which makes a series very difficult...

Include the lack of gifting, looks like they're cutting out the community based feel that we loved in FM4. But there's still a chance that they could patch this. God I hope they patch this.
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazza4610 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Dektra wrote:How would we share via an OZFM account?
We can't gift anything to anyone, so we have no way of getting it there.
Arrrr.... True dat!

Unless, the build was put up on the forum and then created in the OZFM account then shared. Lot of work just to help those to lazy to make the build from the forum specs.

Maybe we should create a build spec template so it would be easier to follow.

Dazza4610

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaps Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Dektra wrote:
mcrow5 wrote:whats the online connectivity like? this is the only thing stopping me from getting an xbone and fm5. i got sick of always having issues joining games in fm4.
It's not connection issues as such that I've found. But being able to invite people to games... You can't, unless you're in a party with them. Which makes a series very difficult...

Include the lack of gifting, looks like they're cutting out the community based feel that we loved in FM4. But there's still a chance that they could patch this. God I hope they patch this.
32 ppl allowed in game party (not chat, can use game chat n 8 party chat like before) and only 16 in full Forza lobby = Hopefully its not going to be a problem inviting people to games for series Smile

Last edited by Original Reapr on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad wording yo)
Reaps
Reaps
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nat3885 Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Has anyone else racing in the hoppers or privately with friends found the races to be a bit laggy. So far nearly every race I've been in has had at least 1 person with crazy intermittent lag. Hoping it's just the servers and will be improved on soon

nat3885
Advanced Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:41 pm

Looking to test drive a car you can not hire?
Watch this...

Give a go before they lock it out. Great little glitch and it works.

Off to run the Lotus on the Mountain Very Happy
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 pm

So iv signed in on my Xbox one and my name is apparently Janet thank to me using my mums email years ago. How can I change this, any one know?
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by STONDKIWI Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:43 pm

sempeR wrote:So iv signed in on my Xbox one and my name is apparently Janet thank to me using my mums email years ago. How can I change this, any one know?
no fix m8 . Your new new is janet
STONDKIWI
STONDKIWI
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by surferofthemind Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Hey Janet, sorry... Semper Wink 

You can change your email on Live. I recently did it on my secondary account as the email originally used expired. Unsure if it will change the name attached to your GT but worth a shot.
surferofthemind
surferofthemind
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Hey Janet !
don't worry if that's the case, when I get a XB1 im likely to be Melissa, everyone else will be really nice to us, could very easily work in our favour.
Janet really suits you btw.
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by sempeR Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Haha thanks surfer.

As for my thoughts on Forza. I hate starting a game and being forced to do all sorts of bs, like picking a paintjob, driving a car with full assists, or listening to some stupid bitch tell me stuff I don't care about, or Jeremy Clarkson speiling bs about more shit I don't care about. This is the most annoying introduction to any game iv ever played.

Top gear track with obstacles and shit? Holy cow

Last edited by sempeR on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
sempeR
sempeR
2 x World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:23 pm

pmt janet! it'll be ok
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by TEEROY 34 Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:24 pm

surferofthemind wrote:
mad DANNO 29 wrote:
OK...back on topic

Looks like some guys on FM.net have a similar idea.

Back in the FM2 days where tunes were all unlocked some of the tuning shops posted "Free Tunes". All came with a full build list and all the tuning settings. Garages like Gearbox, Plop and others posted heaps of tunes. I do believe we had something like this on OZFM... Might be time to open up a FM5 tuning shop, add some free tunes and advice for the tuning noob.

As for number-boards for new series we can share decals so maybe we might just share the boards via the race/series organiser(s). They may be locked but make a livery for the car, then the board and then your number in the specified font. We may end up with a few cars in stock colours with in-game decals but at least they can all have the specified number-boards.

Liveries offered for a series can also be shared by the painters for others to use. Looks pretty easy to share and then unshare the design when the series is over. Easily search via Gamertag or add OZFM to a description to make them easy to find.
Throw back Thursday!
https://ozfm.darkbb.com/t43-subaru-wrx-22b-sti-grip
TEEROY 34
TEEROY 34

Back to top Go down

Post by mad DANNO 29 Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:58 pm

well after a fair sized break from racing in FM4 I am pretty happy with FM5 and the feel of the cars. I even cracked a top 771 time...so either it's easier to drive the cars in FM5 or I'm just getting better at it.

pretty happy to get into the top 1000 a few times today.....can only improve....hopefully

...oh and mines probably the same
....but geez some of your drivatars are right bitches
mad DANNO 29
mad DANNO 29
Technical Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MadRacer38 Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:36 pm

The drivatars do make offline more interesting but some can be a bit ridiculous.
As for the game, I think it feels and looks good. Got my first really LB time today, 12th on one the YM layouts but geez there are some quick people.
I have done any tuning yet, just some aero and/or gearing but is seems good. Car list doesn't seem as small with the credit system the way it is but as the DLC's roll out it will be better. A couple more tracks would have been nice though. Even if they were not updated yet, it would liven up career.

I like it, but that is just me Razz
MadRacer38
MadRacer38
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dektra Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm enjoying the V8's on this game... I don't even... wut?
Dektra
Dektra

Back to top Go down

Post by original skin Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:51 pm

My review of Forza Motorsport 5.

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/home/2013/12/01/forza-motorsport-5-review/

Let me know what you think. Smile

original skin
Serious Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Goomf Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 am

I thought it was really well written mate and highlighted some things I didn't know (no game or Bone for me)
Goomf
Goomf
World Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleuth 101 Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:12 am

Yes it was well written, but not really how I perceive the game or console, in fact if I was to do a review it would be a lot more positive.

Do admit there is a lot of changes but as per normal people always complain when there is change(us as humans are funny like this) and then if you change it again people complain again cause they feel your taking something away from them (go figure).

Agree some things need fixing and the game and console have the ability to be able to do this via updates.

Overall I'm happy with my console and FM5 and the other games I have. And look forward to the improvements and new content that takes time to implement into both game and console, remember what the 360 was like on launch before all the updates over 7 years??
Sleuth 101
Sleuth 101
Multiple World Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next